Status: Rated R for future chapters.

The White Stallion

CHAPTER 2

They rode across the waves, and across rocky shorelines, leading upwards to a series of stone steps, curled with vines. They ran across hilly meadows, through tall growing grass, and thick dense woods, where no light shone.

The stallion finally took her upon the narrow stone path of a mountainous hill, a journey which she slept, her eyes closed, her lashes fluttering every once in awhile from the vivid dreams of that man. The man who morphed before her eyes, blindly, into a white stallion.

She awoke hours later, catching atlast the most majestic views of the scenery, where she gaped in aweh at the surreal beauty of the valley down below. The sight was absolutely breathtaking. The sun was already gone past the horizon, leaving a lithe orange glow across the darkening sky, which somehow managed to light the valley below, despite the opposing mountains. It was all covered in dense forest tree tops, where heavy clouds of mist rested lightly upon.

The horse let out a puff and slowed to a stop. It stood patiently, awaiting the young elf to settle down, but her eyes were yet still gazing upon the spectacular lookout from their resting point. She finally turned away from the sight, once the valley was dark, and the sky left no ign of that orange glow.

She slid from the saddle, and fell upon the soft earth beneath her feet, softly. She turned her head towards the clearing, glancing around the green area, and man-made stone that was encrusted into the hillside, covered lightly in a dark green moss with delicate white flowers. There was also a large pit built into the middle of the clearing, where flames already began licking at the dried wood.

“We will be travelling by foot by morning.” It was the same voice from earlier. She turned her head and saw him yet again. His handsome face was iluminated by the dim glow of the flames that seemed the grow larger by the mere moments. Her heart pounded at the sight of such a beautiful man.

She nodded shyly, and settled down against a soft cushioning of leaves and moss, the warm fire warming up her cheeks.

The man seats himself as well, near the elf, his hand running through his hair that was styled in a sleek way. This time, his chest was covered. He was wearing a light button up top, and the same white pants from previous. His feet still donned no shoes.

Zylanna...” He whispers into the night, his elbow propped on the one knee he had up, while the other one was tucked behind his heel.

Zylanna’s eye widen by the mere bit, but she turns her head and looks at him. His gaze is intense upon hers.

“Who are you?” Zylanna asks the man, the white stallion. "How do you know my name?"

“You cannot know just yet, Zylanna.”

“I would like some answers to all of this,” Zylanna says. “To the stallion you seem to shape-shift too, and where you are taking me.”

The man momentarily lets out a breath, and he shifts back to the white stallion in a blink of an eye.

Not quite yet.” She hears the wind whisper.