Status: Active! Updates will be slow, sorry!

Time and Consequence

Pictures & Concerts

After a small deliberation, we decided on getting coffee to go, and then walking through Magnolia Park. Magnolia Park was a park used for various activities. There was two playgrounds, but they're so old that they were there when I was Annabella's age. There's a small lake in the middle of the park; a fountain that spews dirty water. It's not a pretty park at all, just a place to walk around like John and I will be.

We went into the coffee shop and got into the small line; just a man who looks like he's late for a business meeting, constantly looking at his watch and uneasy on his feet. In front of him was a lady who looked around 40, with a teenage girl who was asking what an espresso was. After she got her answer and the man in front of us ordered his drink, John cleared his throat.

"I'll just have a black coffee, large, and what would you like?" He asked me, and I looked towards the 16 year old cashier and asked for a large hazelnut coffee with sugar. I reached for my purse and before I could take out my wallet, John put a twenty dollar bill on the counter, and told her to keep the change, although the total was only $7.43. I didn't question him, and neither did she. We got our coffees in about a minute, and then he led me out of the shop. I thought he would try to offer me his hand, but he didn't.

We walked silently towards the park, the only sounds coming from cars passing by and the sips taken from our cups of coffee. Neither of us talked, because we didn't know what to say. So many emotions stirred through my head, and I didn't want to say something wrong to make him take back his offer of being in Annabella's life. I never imagined John leaving me when I was pregnant. It hurt a lot, but I accepted the fact that it would just be me and her. John will have to build up my trust, and I hope he knows that.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard two girls squealing, calling out John's name. John turned around and so did I. They came running towards us, but they slowed down once they got closer. One of the girls panted, the other one taking her phone out.

"Oh my God! You're John O'Callaghan! Can we get pictures?" One of the girls asked. She had brown hair, the other one had red hair.

"Of course!" He let out a gentle laugh, and the brown haired girl with her iPhone in her hand walked next to John. He smiled for the picture, and then they took another picture with John kissing her cheek. He did the same for the redhead. He signed something for the both of them, and then he spoke.

"Are you guys coming to The Marquee tonight?" He asked, and the redhead quickly responded.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world!" She said excitedly, the brunette nodding, her eyes looking over at me.

"You're so pretty!" The brunette said to me.

I smiled at her, tucking some hair behind my ear. "Thank you so much, you're both so beautiful."

She giggled, and then it surprised me when John slid his arm around my shoulder. "She's my girlfriend. I give you two permission to spread it through the fan base," he smiled.

They both went wide-eyed, and then John spoke again.

"Tell the security guard outside of The Marquee 'lemons'. It's the codeword if we want family or friends inside to watch sound check or if we want them upfront."

They both looked confused. "Lemons?" The brunette asked.

John laughed. "Don't ask me, Pat and Garrett made it up."

The three of them laughed together, and they both hugged him before walking away. I could hear them whispering, "Oh my god! We just met John O'Callaghan, and we're getting early entry!"

John smirked towards me. "Sorry 'bout that."

I shook my head and smiled. "Are you always such a flirt to your female fans?" I giggled.

He gave me a cheeky grin. "No, but I know I can save a life or two by doing something like that."

I laughed again and then he laughed before taking my arm gently and leading me over to a park bench.

"So, what's with this whole girlfriend thing? I don't remember signing up for that," I smirked.

He shrugged, taking the last sip of his coffee. "We'll be spending a lot of time together, just want to let them know that you aren't just a friend."

"I'm not your girlfriend though," I shot back.

"But you aren't just a friend either," he said, and I didn't respond. "Do you have any pictures of her on your phone?" He asked sincerely.

I reached into my purse and I picked out my phone. I unlocked it and then went to my photo gallery. I scrolled through pictures and then I clicked on one. I handed my phone to him, his hand shaking slightly. It was a picture of Annabella on the first day of kindergarten, standing in front of the elementary school John and I both attended. Her long, blonde hair was braided into two pigtails (something she wanted me to do for her, and it was very cute), her eyes a bright green, just like John's. She was wearing a pink floral dress with white leggings, and she was carrying a Cinderella lunch box. She was smiling wide, and her two front teeth were missing. I looked at the picture and then looked at him. I thought he would start crying, but he just stared at the picture.After 5 minutes, he handed me back my phone.

"She's beautiful," he said, and then took a deep breath.

"I know," I said quietly. "Do you want to meet her?"

He nodded, some of his hair falling in front of his eyes. "I have a concert tonight, maybe you and her can come over for dinner tomorrow night, and you could come to the concert tonight?"

I really wanted to go to the concert, but I'm a mom. Annabella asked me tonight if we could watch Beauty and the Beast.

"I can't tonight. I can tomorrow. I promised Annabella we would watch a movie tonight."

"Ah... well, I'll text you tomorrow?" He smiled.

I smiled and we gave each other a brief hug before he walked away. I don't want to be in love with John O'Callaghan, but I feared I already was.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow i am so sorry this is so late! i went on vacation and then once i got back i started school! i hope this is a good chapter! :D