Status: First story on here... Hope you guys like it :') sorry for any spelling mistakes :/

It Starts on Sunday

Awkward times.

We told Mrs. Urie about the dream we shared, and she suggested that I sleep on the sofa. I couldn't protest because it was her house and she had saved me from sleeping on the street.
"But, mum, it was life changing. It scared the crap out of me." Brendon yelled while I moved my bedding downstairs.
She looked at him sternly.
"Watch your tongue, boy, or I'll cut it off."
We all ate breakfast in silence, which was the one thing we'd never eaten in before. The kitchen's white walls were gleaming, and everything was happy before Brendon sat down. Mrs. Urie dashed around the kitchen preparing a meal for him. She placed it on a square, porcelain plate on the dark, brown, mahogany table right in front of him. He glared at it with a disgusted expression. Pushing the spectacular meal away from him slightly, he stood up, grabbed a slice of bread and buttered it.
"We got any ham?" He asked the room, crossing to the large, silver fridge.
Mrs. Urie looked like she'd been slapped. I watched her force back tears.
"No, but we do have Chicken Roll." She answered with a catch in her voice.
He scrunched his nose.
"I don't like chicken roll." He snapped.
His dad spoke now. His voice was rough, and he wasn't going to take Brendon's attitude.
"Don't snap at your mother." He barked.
Brendon turned in anger, took his sandwich and threw it to the floor. He stormed out of the room, and I heard his footsteps sprinting up the stairs.
I couldn't stop myself, I jumped from my seat. Without a word I walked from the room in the direction of his bedroom.

The huge, white door stared at me. I had my hand on the handle, but I removed it, deciding I'd knock. I knew that when Brendon was mad, he needed his privacy.
"Go away, mum." His muffled voice answered through the door.
I opened it slightly.
"I'm Kayla." I responded awkwardly.
He let me in and sat on his bed with his head in his hands.
"Why did we tell my mum about the dream?" He questioned. His voice had a hint of pain in it, which made me feel sick.
I looked him in the eyes.
"You have to realize what that dream was trying to tell us." I told him seriously. I think I had worked it out when I was in it. It had taken fear for us to understand how much we needed each other.
"I already did. When I answered your question-"
I cut him off.
"What question?" I asked with an unaturally deep voice.
"-the question you asked in the dream, well you didn't ask it, but it was you who was saying it. I was telling the truth. I did get it, when I said I got it, I wasn't lying." His words tumbled out in a rush. Before I knew what was happening his hands were either side of my face, and our lips were centimeters apart. I pulled back slightly, making myself comfortable. He moved his face closer to mine.
"Tell me." He whispered. I knew what he wanted to hear.
I did as he'd requested.
"I need you." I whispered back.
He held back or another few seconds.
"I need you too."
He kissed me. I closed my eyes, and kissed him back. Hard. I went light- headed. The kiss was making me dizzy. But I couldn't break it up. I didn't want to. His mum came in and we fell away from each other. She smiled at us both, and chuckled at our awkward expressions.
"I'll let Kayla sleep in your room tonight. But anymore strange dreams, and either she's sleeping on the sofa, or you are." She said light- heartedly. She walked out of the room and as she did Brendon jumped up from the bed, grabbed some clothes and started getting dressed. I walked out of the room with a clean outfit, and got dressed in the bathroom. The blue walls were calming. The cream shower curtain hung limply in front of the green bathtub. The toilet was yellow, so was the ceiling. Everything seemed mismatched, but it all fit together perfectly.

I walked back into Brendon's room. He was lying on his bed watching T.V. I sat next to him and playfully pushed him out of my way. He grabbed my arm and I licked his hand.
"You tramp." He laughed, wiping my saliva on me.
I stared at him.
"Don't grab me then." I said innocently.
He gazed back at me intently. Moving his head closer to me, he put his hand on the back of my neck. I shivered, and he gave me a hoodie from his wardrobe.
"You're never getting this back." I told him, pulling the black material over my head.
He looked at it and then at my face.
"It looks better on you anyway ... but you haven't seen the best bit about that hoodie." He grinned and flicked off the light. The bright orange Nike tick glowed in the dark. He made his way quickly over to me, and layed back against the pillows. I squeezed myself under his arm and he put them both around me.
"How long do we have until school starts?" I asked sleepily.
I closed my eyes. I felt him move and could tell he was looking at the clock next to the bed.
"It started an hour ago." He anwered chuckling. I rolled so that my head rested on his chest. I fell asleep listening to his heart beat.
My slumber didn't last long. I awoke to find myself lying on Brendon's bed alone. I layed there or a few minutes before deciding that he wasn't coming back. Sighing, I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. I took his hoodie off before walking downstairs.
"Oh, Kayla. What day is it? Because I'm sure you and Brendon have school today." She asked as soon as I walked into the kitchen.
I looked at the floor.
"I'm sorry, Mrs. Urie. I didn't get up. It was my fault, not Brendon's." I answered tentatively.
She walked over to me, and pulled me into her arms.
"I don't mind if you two have a day off. But you have to go tomorrow." She was the kindest woman ever. Her dark purple hair was pulled back into a long ponytail. Her make- up looked like she'd had it done professionally. Brendon walked in, smiled at me, saw his mum and dropped hs gaze awkwardly.
"Spencer is at the door for you, mum." He said, going red. When she walked out of the room, Brendon walked straight over to me and picked me up, spun me round and placed me gently on the floor again.
"I'm sorry if I woke you up this morning." He said apologetically.
I hugged him tight.
"I was going to ask why you didn't wake me." I answered his apology.
His dad walked in, but we didn't break apart. It was like we were pieces of spaghetti tangled together. It is almost impossible to untangle spaghetti.
"Don't get too attached, Kayla. His relationships never work." He told me with a wink.
Brendon looked like he'd been burned.
"That's because girls get way too jealous of Kayla, dad." He said coldly.
I moked slapped his face. He took my hand and twined his ingers through mine. Ryan walked in.
"Brendon, move your backside." He told his brother.
Brendon moved, but Ryan wasn't getting away with that.
"Ry, you know you worship me. I'm just that cool."
Ryan almost choked on his orange juice.
"You're really not." He answered. He had a sympathetic tone, like he felt bad for how his brother had to say he was cool before anyone agreed with him. Ryan had shiny brown hair, and huge brown eyes. His lips were rosy pink and he had a rather pale face. He was th most adorable person I had ever seen. Brendon watched Ryan, and his father put a hand on his shoulder.
"Think of what your mum will do." He said. Brendon looked at his dad with a weird expression.
He turned to Ryan.
"Just pour me a drink, and don't ever say I'm not cool again." He looked into my eyes.
I stared straight back.
"I don't want a drink, don't bother asking." I told him with a smile. Ryan poured Brendon a drink, then left the room. His dad went into the back garden, sat down and started reading the paper.
"I think I'm falling for you." Brendon sighed.
I couldn't stop a huge smile from spreading across my face.
"I know I'm falling or you." I whispered back.
Our lips touched for three second maximum.
"Can you save that or the bedroom, please? We have a guest you know." Mrs. Urie made us both jump and step away from each other awkwardly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Orange juice ;)
comments ... ideas ... feedback?
Hope you enjoy :')