Status: Updating when I can :-)

I Found You

Twenty One

Rosie was out of it for a while and since the poor runaway girl didn't know where to go, she pulled into a hotel parking lot and sat at the wheel of the car, sobbing until Rosie came to.

The crying was the first thing she heard when her eyes fluttered open. She looked to her left and noticed the girl broken and defeated in the front seat.

"What's wrong? What happened? Where's Michael?"

"He tried to cut the baby out of you and I stopped him. I don't know where we are or where to go from here, I just got in the car and drove. I wasn't supposed to come with you but when I hit him I knew that he would kill me and my family. But I just realized that he'll kill them anyway!"

Rosie pulled the young girl into her arms and let her sob for a few minutes. She could tell by the way her chest heaved and she hyperventilated that she had been holding in this pain for a long time. She couldn't blame her for it because she knew the strict rules that Michael had about crying.

"It's okay, we aren't there anymore. We just need to focus on getting somewhere safe." Rosie rubbed her hair when Pandora's sobs had faded to nothing more than tiny hiccups.

Pandora nodded and offered to drive but Rosie knew exactly where to go. They switched seats and Rosie pulled out of the parking lot and onto the high way. She wanted to drive back to Zacky but that was too long of a drive for the poor girl next to her.

So she drove to the next available person that would put a smile on her face. She'd just hoped that she would reach the young toddler in time.

But she missed the man that she loved too much and found herself pulling over to make a phone call. They found a stranger nice enough to allow them use of their iPhone. She dialed the number that Val discreetly slipped into her suitcase. She sat memorizing it on the plane before disposing of it.

It rang and rang for a long time and the young girl feared that he wouldn't answer. But soon his voice brought relief to her heart.

"Zacky. I got away." she nearly cried. "I'm alright. I'm going to see Kendall."

"Rosemarie, don't. That's the first place that he'll look."

"Then I can't just leave her there. He'll take her and then I'll never see her again."

He sighed. "No Rosie, it's too dangerous and it's a nine hour drive."

"I have to do this." I cried. "I would do this for our son."

Zacky was quiet. He knew that there was no turning back for her. She was dead set in going to find her daughter. He was afraid because he had no idea where her daughter was and how far away she was from him. He wanted the toddler safe just as much as he wanted Rosemarie and his son safe.

"Rosie, call me. I love you with all my heart."

"I will call you. I promise. I love you too."

She hung up and offered the woman money for her kindness. She declined but offered them a road map instead.

"From one mother to another. I hope you find what you're looking for safely honey."

Rosie thanked the hazel eyed woman and ran to the car.

Pandora helped navigate and the two of them sped to Michigan, where the couple that kept her daughter safe resided. When she pulled up to the house she noticed immediately that something was wrong. Every single light in the house was off.

Rosie started to get out of the car but Pandora grabbed her arm. "Rosie what if he's in there?"

She snatched out of her grip. "I don't care. That's my daughter in there."

Pandora reluctantly followed behind the determined mother.

She knocked frantically on the door but there was no answer. Rosie looked around at nearby houses, it was dark so she could see the people inside their homes, living their everyday lives.

She instructed Pandora to go to the houses and have them call the police and an ambulance in case someone was hurt.

She nodded and ran off, leaving Rosie alone on the cold steps. She twisted the knob, hoping that they were the type to leave their doors unlocked. When the door opened slowly, she could feel her son moving inside of her. She held him with one hand as she entered the dark and cool home.

No one had occupied the house, Rosie could at least tell that. It was the way that every nervous breath ghosted across the room. Besides the cold, the air in the small home was tense as she made her way to a bedroom.

A horrible sight lay before her. Blood splattered across the wall and in the bed lay two dead bodies. They were so mutilated, so torn apart that she couldn't tell what was what. She stumbled backward into the wall, feeling the bile creep up her throat.

She knew that Michael had been here. Which means that he had her daughter.

"Kendall, I'm so sorry." she cried quietly against her hand at the torturous things her little girl could be going through.

When she finally found the strength to pick herself up off the floor, she heard a noise coming from the back room.

She stepped carefully to the back room that she could easily tell was Kendall's.

"Rosie."

She heard Michael's voice from the back room and her blood immediately ran cold.

She turned to see him seated comfortably in the rocking chair with a gun pointed, not at her but at her belly.

"Michael, what are you doing here?" she found herself asking

"I'm visiting our little girl. Unless she isn't mine either?"

"Michael...you know she's yours."

He chuckled. "See I can't be sure about that. You lied about the little boy being mine, who knows what the hell else you could be lying about?"

"Kendall has nothing to do with this. Just leave her out of this."

He chuckled again. This time it had a darker tone to it. "I've already taken baby Kendall out of the occasion."

Rosie swallowed the lump of tears in her throat and turned to peer inside of the crib. Her sweet toddler lay there with deathly pale skin, looking as though she'd been asleep when it happened.

"What did you do to her?" She screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have nothing to say except that that last part was the hardest thing that I've ever had to write.