Status: Updating when I can :-)

I Found You

Twenty Two

"Michael, what did you do to my baby?" she demanded desperately. She wasn't blind, she could see her child was long gone but she had to hear it from the murderer's mouth.

He just sat there with a taunting smile on his face.

"Michael, fucking tell me what you did!" she screamed

"You took my son from me Rosemarie. You knew that I didn't want a daughter! But you gave a son to that faggot?? You took something from me so I returned the favor." he leaned back, "I snapped your pretty little Kendall's neck."

Her hands shook violently. Her little baby Kendall was nothing but a lifeless body. She was her only light in the dark world that she was sucked into. She was the only thing that kept her sane and happy, now she was gone.

She didn't know what to do. Rosie wanted to lunge forward and kill him but she had to think about the life that she had growing inside of her. She wanted to keep the last thing that she had safe yet at the same time, she wanted him to suffer.

"I swear, I'll kill you for what you've done." Rosie said gravely.

He just laughed, thinking that the tiny pregnant woman could do nothing to him. "You'll do nothing. If you even move, I'll blow that baby faggot to kingdom come."

Red and blue lights flashed throughout the house. The sounds of sirens blared in both of their ears.

"Rosemarie, I didn't know you had the guts." he smiled.

"Every one in the house, come out with your hands held high now!" A cop yelled into the house.

Michael frowned when he realized that there were more officers out there than he realized. He got up and walked to the window, peering through the curtains.

Rosie didn't waste the opportunity. She grabbed a snow-globe and struck him hard across the back of his head. He stumbled but didn't fall so she struck him again.

He groaned and fell to the floor, the gun rolling across the room. She ran for the gun and scooped it into her hands. He came running at her but she struck him across the lip with the gun.

He fell back onto the floor and held his mouth, which was gushing blood.

She pointed the gun at him. "Don't move. I will kill you, I swear."

"Then do it." he smiled, showing his blood covered teeth.

"How could you kill your own daughter?"

"Kill me Rosiemarie! Kill me!"

"Answer me! Tell me what kind of monster you are to where you can kill your own flesh and blood!"

"It wouldn't be the first time. I'll kill anyone who poses a threat to me!"

"Even a sweet beautiful toddler? Who couldn't do anything to you even if she wanted to? She loved you despite the monster that you were! She was the only thing that I had left, I have no family, I have no friends...it was just her!"

"Oh please, stop whining! You left your friends and family to come work for me."

"I left my friends and family because I was stupid enough to believe that you loved me. But it was the complete opposite!"

"What could you know about love Rosemarie? You're nothing but a whore! Whores know nothing about love!"

She wanted to believe him, as she stood there with the gun in her hand pointed at the man that had raped and abused her for far too long she realized something.

"I'm not a whore Michael. Yes, I was a prostitute, I'm not denying that but I did what I believed to be good for my family. And you're wrong...I know what love is."

He laughed at her.

"Shut up! I know what love is! Love is lunch dates, walking on the beach, dancing on the sand...it's movie dates and burning breakfast and acceptance...it's seeing a girl you've never met in the rain, broken and hurt and saving her life! Who would save you Michael?? Who would cook you breakfast because they want to not because they're afraid of you??"

"Fear is much more effective than love is."

"You might be right...I was so afraid of you, I was afraid of you until you made me angry. How effective is anger?" She stepped closer to him. "How effective is hate?"

His hands shook but he gave a fake laugh. "Rosie enough of this. Give me the gun now."

"Come and take it from me." she sneered.

He sat there staring at her. "Rosie I swear if I have to take that gun from you I'll-"

"What? Don't sit there and tell me what you're going to do. Show me, come and try to take this from me."

He sighed and pulled himself wearily to his feet. He came at her but she pulled the trigger. The recoil of the gun sent the bullet whizzing just past his leg.

He froze, shocked that she pulled the trigger.

She froze too but recovered quickly. "I won't miss the next time." she told both him and herself.

"Rosie, you won't kill me." He tried to assure himself.

Nothing more was said between the two of them. He just stared at her, attempting to scare her into dropping the weapon. But she was thinking too hard about everything that he'd ever done to her. Her hands shook furiously as she waited for him to make his move.

"You're afraid of me?" Rosie taunted.

"Rosie, drop. The. Gun." he growled.

"Make. Me." she growled in return.

He lunged at her and she pulled the trigger. Rosie wasn't lying, the bullet went straight into the center of his chest, knocking him off of his feet. Blood sprayed out of his chest and all over her.

He coughed blood out of his mouth. "R-Rosie..."

Before she could respond, police officers burst in. Rosie dropped the gun and raised her hands in the air. One officer shined the light on her, seeing that she was pregnant.

"Are you okay ma'am?"

She nodded her head quietly and lowered her hands slowly.

An officer hooked her arm and helped her out of the house. When she passed a dying Michael, she whispered to him, "For Kendall."

He stared at her, struggling to hold on.

She stepped onto the cool grass and waddled to the ambulance that sat waiting for her. A paramedic helped her onto a stretcher, where Pandora sat inside waiting for her.

She saw the blood and immediately asked if she was okay.

"Yes." was all that Rosie said staring at the tiny house where her daughter lay peacefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
I stand corrected...THIS was the hardest chapter to write....