Status: Updating when I can :-)

I Found You

Twenty Three

Rosie was tired when she finally woke up. Her eyes fluttered open and she found herself in a hospital room. She placed a hand over her stomach and was relieved to feel the bump.

"You're awake." She heard the one voice that she didn't expect to hear.

"Zacky? What-how are you here? What are you doing here?"

He came over to the bed to lean down and kiss her forehead. "I found you...I'll always find you."

"Zacky, he killed her. He took Kendall from me...I don't have my baby anymore...She's gone." Finally she was allowed to breakdown. Her little light was gone and Rosie felt terrible for not being there to protect her.

Zacky held her as she cried, just letting the tears fall. He hadn't known the toddler very long but it didn't matter. She had a place in his heart...just like she had a place in everybody's heart.

Slowly, everyone else filtered into the room, shedding their own tears for the little girl. They wrapped their arms around Rosie, showing her that she is loved.

"I had to do it...I had to kill him after what he did. I couldn't let him take my son from me too."

"He's dead Rosie." Val sniffed. He died in the ambulance and they let all the girls go home to their families. No charges pressed on any of them."

"Where's Pandora?" she asked.

"I'm here." she sqeuaked from the doorway. Jimmy walked over to her and placed his arm around her.

"I think she should stay with us." he said.

Rosie gave a small smile, seeing the crush in the man's blue eyes. "I would love it if you stayed. I can't even begin to thank you for helping me."

"My family's safe. I had to the police call them to make sure." she laughed with tears of relief falling from her eyes. "They're safe."

Rosie pulled herself out of the bed and walked over to her. She pulled her into her arms and whispered the most sincere 'thank you' that she'd ever uttered.

"I'm so sorry about the baby."

Rosie didn't want to cry about it anymore, she sniffed and held her head high. "I'm sorry too, but the man that killed her got what he deserved...she can rest in peace now."

***


Rosie sat there listening to the priest drone on and on about God and how he loved all of his children and that they were welcome into heaven with open arms. She thought it was sweet and a nice sentiment but it didn't make her feel any better about what was happening.

At the end of his sermon they would still be lowering her baby girl into the ground forever. No matter how pretty she looked, it still sent a ripple of guilt through her.

So she barely listened to what he ways saying because there was no way that it would make her feel better.

Zacky squeezed her hand lovingly. her other hand sat perched on her stomach. The baby was nearly ready to pop out of her belly, but he seemed to wait patiently for his sister to have her shine, he hadn't moved at all since they began and something told Rosie that he wouldn't move again until it was all over.

Finally the small casket descended into the ground. Rosie didn't cry, she just dropped the baby's breath into the coffin. It was over. Her little girl was laid to rest and she would rest peacefully.

When she turned to leave the field she saw four faces. Four faces that she never thought that she would see again stood in the distance with teary eyes.

"Mom?" Rosie waddled towards them, relieved to see them alive and well. Their arms sat open waiting for the family member they missed so much.

Zacky admired from afar, proud of himself for bring them together. He told them all that she'd been through, so she wouldn't have to go through telling them herself. They weren't even upset...they just asked to see her and make sure that she was okay.

That was real family, the family that she deserved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I hope you guys like the ending, I thought about ending with the baby being born but I didn't want it to be typical! Comment and let me know how you guys like it.