Status: Updating when I can :-)

I Found You

Six

Things had been great between Rosie and the guys. They kept their space but still tried to keep her smiling and laughing. 

Jimmy, Valary and Zacky seemed to be the best at it. She loved being around them and seemed to be establishing a good comfort zone. Valary even gave some of her clothes to Rosie, claiming she couldn't fit them. 

Rosie felt more at home than she had in a while. Her and Zacky were spending a lot of time alone, it was something she couldn't help but love. It was mostly due to the way that he treated her. 

She felt really good with him, he was always so generous and patient. 

A couple weeks after their first date, they had decided to just relax in the backyard. She sat on the cool grass writing in her journal as he laid next to her and watched her. 

She had just finished a song, it was longer than anything she had ever written and a bit out of her comfort zone but when the lyrics came during a nightmare she couldn't help writing them down. 

Zacky peered over her shoulder at the lyrics, just curious about why she was concentrating so hard. 

“What's wrong, Rose?” he asked with the special name he'd given her

“It's this song.” she said. “I like it but it's not me.” 

“Can I read it?” he asked 

She handed him the book and allowed him time to read the lyrics. 

“Damn, this is intense.” he chuckled. “This screams Jimmy.” 

“Really?” 

He nodded. “Watch. Hey Rev! Get your psycho ass out here!”

He ran outside with an apron on, kitchen knife in hand. 

“Where's the varmint?” he said in a country western voice. Rosie couldn't help falling back against the grass laughing. 

“Come read this.” he showed the book to Jimmy 

His eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Rosie twiddled her fingers nervously, she didn't know if Jimmy would like the song and was afraid to hear him say he didn't. 

“Damn.” he said shaking his head

Just as Rosie hung her head, he said in a serious voice, “This shit is fucking awesome. I'm just perplexed by this.” 

“Really?”

He nodded his head. “When Matt gets back he's gotta see this.”

She couldn't hide the smile on her face. It felt good to receive such compliments from them. 

In her mind it made her one of them.

When Matt got back barely an hour later, they went down into the studio where she showed him her song. 

He told her how great it was. 

“Do you mind if we play around a little with this?” he asked gesturing to the paper. 

She smiled and nodded. A feeling of excitement coursed through her as he asked her to play the tune. 

“Sure...you wouldn't happen to have a violin or cello would you?” 

Through some miracle they managed to find a violin in the array of instruments that they had. 

She hadn't played the violin since she was about 12 so it took a minute for her to remember what was what. When she remembered everything, she played the tune and he sang along with her. 

The song drifted upstairs throughout the rest of the house, attracting everyone within earshot. Pretty soon they were all gathered in the basement studio listening to Rosie's work. 

When the song was over they applauded and told Rosie what a great job she had done. 

“I think that it fits you guys better than it fits me...you guys should use it on your next album.” Rosie said 

“Only if you help us with the instrumental.” winked Jimmy

“I don't really know muc-” 

“We'll help you! Please.” begged Zacky 

She agreed and they began. They worked all day until the middle of the night. The song was eight minutes long total, courtesy of some extra lyrics added by the band. 

Rosie worked on the violin and cello instrumental and directed the guys in guitar, bass and drums. 

Valary even contributed by lending her vocals to a part in the song. 

They all sat back and listened to it, Rosie listening more intensely then anybody. For some reason she wanted to recreate her nightmares, she wanted the song to make her cringe with fear and it did. 

When the song ended the guys high gives each other and hugged Rosie. She smiled feeling great in her success. 

Collectively they decided to title the song A Little Piece of Heaven and it was to be on their upcoming album. 

Rosie had never felt so proud of herself before. What was strange was that she felt a little better. It was like all of her pain was poured into this track. 

Later that night, the band's manager came and listened to it, loved it and decided to release it as a single from the album. 

Rosie was excited to see her work was actually going to be published. She had always hoped something like this would happen but never thought it would. 

That night her and Zacky sat on the couch and watched a movie. 

“Zacky?” 

“Hm?”

“Do you think people will like the song?” she asked

“You're a great writer Rose. I'm not just saying that because of how much I like you, I'm saying because it's true!” he smiled 

“How much you like me?” she smiled

“Well yeah...” he smiled back 

“And how much is that?” 

“Well enough for me to see that you're the most beautiful girl I have ever known. You're smart, you laugh at all of my jokes no matter how shitty they are.”

Rosie chuckled and blushed. 

“I really like you Rosie.” he rubbed her cheek tenderly as her face turned dark red with a blush. 

He didn't need her to say that she liked him back. As much as he wanted to hear it, Val told him how fragile she was. She'd told him that she would tell her how she felt when she was ready. 

As long as he got how he felt off his chest, he was perfectly fine with waiting for her response. 

She sighed deeply. She didn't have to second guess with Zacky. In her heart she felt that he meant what he said. 

But it was returning it that scared her. She was nervous about it, afraid that he would turn on her. Yet as she looked into his green eyes, she saw no hint of that ever happening. 

Before she could process what she was doing, she had leaned in and kissed Zacky. 

Their lips felt so soft against each other's but so right. Butterflies fluttered in both their stomachs surprising them both. 

When she finally pulled away, there was a light blush forming on his face. 

She smiled and curled up against him, loving the feeling of her first real kiss. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay now before you yell at me and say how boring this chapter is I just want to let you know that this is a snowball effect...so things are going to get interesting very soon :)

I would have uploaded this last night but I was too distracted by FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE ON LOLLAPALLOOZA LAST NIGHT WHERE THEY PERFORMED BREATH OF LIFE LOVE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!!! If you do not know Florence + the Machine you need to because you are really missing out on one of the best things to happen to the world :) I'll post this link to Breath of Life next chapter...don't let me forget

Any who, comment subscribe and recommend my pretties!!

Rosie
Valary
Zacky
Jimmy