‹ Prequel: Tonight, We Are Young
Status: just starting out ... <3

I Never Told You

Chapter 14

When we arrived at Katy’s house, I knew exactly where Katy got her warm heart from. Her mom had pulled me into a hug no sooner than when my feet walked through the door. Any thought I had in my mind that this summer was going to ruin my relationship with Katy was gone.

Going into her house, her mom, Annabel, ushered me directly into the kitchen. I looked around for Katy, but didn’t see where she had run off to.

“Oh, don’t worry about her, she’s probably just upstairs making sure her room looks nice. She’s not a messy girl, but likes to make a good impression, y’know?”

I nodded. “Well, she already made a good impression on me.”

“I’m glad to hear that. From what she’s told me about you, I’m glad she has you in her life. She got close to your sister, too. Bea, right?”

“Yes, ma’am, she’s my twin. Katy really became a part of our family while she was at our house.”

“I heard that. I’m happy that she was happy there.”

“Yeah, and I’m sorry she couldn’t come home for Christmas. That was my fault.”

She whisked her hand in the air. “Oh, I’m not worried about it. She was around people that cared about her and that’s all that matters. I got to see her on Skype, that was good enough for me. Gotta get used to the babies growing up and moving out.”

I smiled. “Yeah, I guess.”

I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Katy smiling.

“Glad to see you guys are getting to know each other.”

“Oh, we were just talking about how happy you were in Sweden and how happy I am that you snatched this one.”

Katy began to blush. “Mom….please.”

“What?” She questioned with a smirk on her face. “Momma can’t embarrass her daughter anymore?”

“Well, I can’t stop you, you know that.”

Annabel walked over and wrapped her arm around Katy’s shoulders. “You got that right.”

Katy turned to me. “You want a tour of the house?”

I nodded. “Sure,” I turned to Annabel, “I’ll see you later?”

“Well, I am making dinner, so I guess you will.” She smirked.

I was going to like it here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katy’s POV

I was so happy to see Gabe getting along with my mom. It was something that was racking my brain while we were on the plane. Thankfully, this summer was off to a good start.

I took him on a tour of the house. It wasn’t as big as his by no means, but I loved it. I could look around and see all of the memories. I was happy to be able to share them with Gabe, and possibly make new ones.

We stopped at my room. I could feel myself getting a little nervous. I knew that Gabe and I had already had sex, but there was just something about letting him into my room that put a wall up. I must have been standing there for quite some time, because Gabe noticed.

“Everything okay?”

I slowly looked over to him and tried my best to nod.

“Yeah, everything’s fine.” I put my hand on the door knob, only to have Gabe lightly grab my hand, pulling it off.

“Katy, there’s something you’re not telling me. What is it?”

I shook my head. “It’s silly.”

“Are you nervous to show me your room?”

I lightly shrugged my shoulders and slowly nodded.

“Is it pink? Do you have a fluffy lace canopy? Is there a life-size teddy bear that I have to beat up to share your bed?” I began to chuckle lightly.

“No, nothing like that.”

“Then what is it?”

“I don’t know. I don’t have the words, really.”

Gabe put a hand lightly on my cheek. “Katy, you’ve seen my entire world back home. I held nothing back. You saw my world in Denver.”

“I know that,” I cut him off. “It’s just….I’ve never had a boy in my room before.”

Gabe nodded. “Oh, okay. Well, we don’t have to go in right now if you need more time.”

I smiled up at him and placed my lips on his. Pulling away, I felt his forehead on mine. “Thank you. It won’t be long, I promise.”

“I’ll wait forever.”

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that it was a text from Bea.

Holy crap, did you guys make it okay?! Are you alive?! LET ME KNOWWW!!

I chuckled and Gabe raised an eyebrow. “Uh oh, do I have to deal with old boyfriends already?”

I shook my head. “No, but I may have to deal with your angry sister. We forgot to tell her we made it safely.”

He rolled his eyes. “You want me to call her?”

“No, I will. I gotta ask her something anyways.”

“Okay, I’m going to go down and see if your mom needs help with dinner.”

“Haha, good luck with that. She won’t let guests help with cooking.”

“Well, I guess this will be different since I’m more than just a guest, right?”

I felt the heat rise in my cheeks again. He chuckled as he walked down the stairs and I went into my room.

I closed my door and dialed Bea’s number. She answered after two rings.

“Hey, I got a little problem.”

“Oh well, hello to you, too. Please tell me you’re not in the hospital.”

“No, I’m not in the hospital. Gabe and I made it safely to my house. But for some reason, I can’t allow myself to let him in my room.”

“He’d be the first to go in there, wouldn’t he?”

“Geez, did I just have virgin planted on my forehead when I walked into your house?”

I heard her laugh lightly. “No, I’m just guessing. But you have nothing to worry about. You love him, right?”

“Of course I do, you know that.”

“So, what do you really have to be nervous about? He showed you everything when you came here. I mean, I may have showed you more, but he didn’t hold anything back. He pulled you right into the middle of his world. That’s all he asks of you.”

I closed my eyes and felt like déjà vu was coming over me, replaying what Gabe had said to me when we stood outside my door. It was strange. Hearing it from Gabe, it seemed harder to sink in. But once Bea said it, it felt like I was being silly for holding back.

“Yeah, you know what? You’re right. I’m kinda being silly. I guess I just needed to hear it from someone other than Gabe.”

“Well, I’m always here for you. It’s weird waking up and not seeing you at breakfast or banging on your door to go to school.”

“Oh believe me, it’ll feel weird waking up in my own bed tomorrow morning.”

“I miss you, girl. I know you love my brother, but there’s people over here that love you, too.”

I felt tears welling up in my eyes. “I miss you too, Bea. I’ll keep in touch, and I’ll make sure your brother does, too.”

“Hey, I can’t have girl talk with him. I want you to call me.”

“I will.” I laughed. “I’ll call you again soon. Love you.”

We hung up and I went downstairs. I laughed when I saw Gabe sitting at the dining room table, not helping my mom at all.

“I told you.”

He looked up and smirked at me. “Yeah, yeah.”

“What did you tell him?” My mom asked.

“I told him that you wouldn’t let guests help with dinner.”

“Oh, yeah. She’s right.” She turned to me. “He found out the hard way.”

I walked over and sat on his lap. He looked up at me and smiled. I looked over his head at my mom and she gave me a knowing smile. Lord bless mother-daughter telepathy, I thought.

I got off Gabe’s lap and stretched my hand out. He took hold of it with a questionable look on his face. I walked him up to the stairs and stopped in front of my bedroom door.

“Katy, you don’t have to do this.”

I shook my head. “I know. I want to.”

I opened my bedroom door and ushered Gabe to step in.

“Welcome to my world.”
♠ ♠ ♠
New Year's Eve has been good to me this year. :) This is my second update on my stories tonight. Thankfully this chapter is a lot better than the short garbage that the last one was.

Thanks for sticking with this story. If you have any suggestions or things you would like to see in the story, please feel free to write it in a comment. :)

steph <3