Status: In progress. Deal with the wait. It's summer and the two of us have plans.

These Days

016

I looked down at Jack who was now asleep with his head in my lap. I was trying to figure out a way to move him without waking him up. I needed to talk to a little crew member named Evan. Eventually Alex sat down next to me and I whispered to him
"Hey Alex?"
"Yeah Zack, what's up?"

I bit my lip and looked down at Jack. How do I ask him to hold my boyfriend while I go beat up one of our crew members for letting in his psyco ex-girlfriend?
"Oh God Zack really?" said Alex and I looked up at him confused "There is no way in HELL that Jack would leave you for her. He only ever dated her because she has huge boobs and no brains."
"N-No, Alex -"

"You're way too good for him and he knows it. He's going to hang on to you for as long as he can"
I did a doubble take. He thinks I'm too good for him?
"He really thinks that?" I asked and Alex nodded
"Well I think he does anyway. Everyone else is thinking it too"
"I'm not" said Rian raising his hand "I think they're cute together"

"You think it's cute that Zack could snap Jack in half if he wanted to?"
"You think I'm going to snap him in half?" I asked Alex in disbelief
"Have you looked in a mirror at the gym lately?" said Alex
"That's not the point" I said, hurt "The point is that you'll think that I'll do it. Can't you see how much I care about him?"
"All it takes is for Jack to do one thing to piss you off, it doesn't even have to be big for you to snap at him"

I stared down at the beautiful boy in my lap and stroked back his hair. I would never hurt him, not in my wildest dreams.

"That's why I called Holly" continued Alex "I thought she was going to stick around for a bit longer actually, I told her that you too were 'dating'"
"You called her?" asked Rian "Are you stupid?!"
Alex looked up at him blankly
"You just said yourself that Jack only dated her for the boobs so why the hell would you call her?!" snapped Rian

"Jack never said that he wasn't still into boobs" defended Alex "That boy will always have a soft spot for them"
he turned to you "You better rethink what you have with Jack, Z, because now that Holly's back. He's going to realize that he never turned fully gay. He never has and he never will. Not for you or for anyone" and with that Alex got up and walked off into a different part of the bus. I looked back down at Jack, what was I going to do?

"Just talk to him when he wakes up" said Rian "You have no idea what's going on in his head and you won't until you talk to him"
"But Alex knows"
"Alex doesn't know shit"
"When has Alex ever been wrong when it comes to Jack?"

Rian just sighed "what was it that you were going to ask Alex before he just totally ruined our day?"
"I was going to ask him to hold Jack while I beat the shit out of Evan but now I don't have to" I said softly
"Why not? I'll hold him" said Rian getting up but I just shook my head
"Don't worry about it"
"Why not?"

"Because A) it wasn't his fault and B) I don't want to prove Alex right. I'm not normally a violent person and I plan to keep it that way. I'm not going to hurt Jack and I never want him to even be slightly scared that I would"
"Jack isn't scared of you"
"No but clearly others are scared for him" I said "I don't want that to happen anymore"
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!

Sorry I totally made Alex the bad guy for this chapter!