Status: In progress. Deal with the wait. It's summer and the two of us have plans.

These Days

019.

When I walked into the room Alex had already claimed the bed nearest to the window. I chucked my bag on top of my bed and took out my towel. I grabbed my wash bag as well and made my way into the bathroom.

Usually, after a show, I just collapse on my bed and shower in the morning. However, today sleeping isn't even a possibility. Too much energy used in one day cooks my brain and turns it into scrambled eggs.

Speaking of eggs... I'm hungry.

After I hopped out of the shower, I wrapped the towel around my waist a pulled on a set of batman pyjamas my mom brought me for Christmas. I grabbed my hoodie off the bed and pulled it on, this way I look half decent.

I walked down to the nearest shop and brought a giant bag of doritos and a giant bottle of pepsi. I walked back to the hotel and slipped back up to my room. I slid through the door and nodded to Alex, who was reading.
"I didn't know you could read," I teased.
"Shut the fuck up," he hissed in reply. I rolled my eyes and hopped onto my bed.

Let the midnight feast begin!

Halfway through munching Alex sat next to me on the bed. He smiled weakly at me.
"Can I help you?" I asked with a mouthful of food.
"It's rude to talk with your mouth full," Alex grinned. I stuck my
tongue out at him with half of the chips still on my tongue. "Gross!"
"Sea food," I nodded.
"I know you're straight Jack... You can't be gay... You've dated shit loads of girls... And you told me you loved Holly..." I sighed and cracked open the pepsi. I swigged from the bottle before replying in a civilised manor.
"I'm gay Alex... I thought I loved Holly... But Zack... I love him more than anything 'Lex. Don't you get it?!" I cried and crossed my legs.
"NO I DON'T FUCKING GET IT! YOU LOVE ZACK LIKE A BROTHER! YOU DON'T LOVE HIM LIKE THAT! BROTHER JACK! YOU'RE NO-" I punched Alex. Straight in the jaw. And I don't regret it.

Well, I didn't regret it. Until he leapt at me pushing me backwards so I landed on the floor underneath him, bruising my back in the process. He kneed me in the ribs and I battled against him trying desperately to flip us over.

When I succeeded in flipping us over I punched his face a few more times before running out of the room with my nose bleeding and my ribs burning intensely. I growled and groaned in pain. I knocked on Zack and Rian's door until Rian swung the door open.
"Holy Fuck!" Rian's eyes widened and he led me over to one of the beds. He made me sit down and ran to Alex. Mainly to make sure that Zack couldn't lay a finger on him.

"Jack! Are you okay!?" Zack rushed over to me and brushed my hair out of my swollen eye. I was finding it hard to focus on his face as he dabbed at my wounds with a towel soaked in cold water. "I'll fucking kill him!" Zack stood up from where he was kneeling in front of me.

I whimpered and cried out for him to come back and he turned to face me. My eyes filled with tears and I held out my arms to reach out and grab him. He came back over to me and sighed. He sat by me and took my hand before placing a kiss on my forehead.

He was trying to avoid damaging my split lip. "I'm sorry Jack. I won't leave you, I promise." I nodded and leaned against him. I hissed in pain as I moved my middle and held my arms tightly around my ribs.

Zack frowned and moved away from me. He lifted up my shirt and hoodie and ran his fingers gently over the tender skin.
"We have to get you to a hospital. You're all bruised and your ribs might be broken," Zack muttered. I nodded again and clung onto his shoulders. He stood up and helped me stand, painfully.

I clung onto Zack's side as he helped me out of the room. He made me wait in the hallway as he ran to Matt's room. When Matt saw the state of me he grabbed his room key, wallet and other essentials before leading the way out of the hotel.

We got a taxi to the hospital and ended up waiting in the emergency room for hours. I rested my head on Zack's shoulder and whimpered.
"I'm sorry I let him hurt you, Jack. I'm so sorry..." He pecked my lips.
"It's not your fault Zacky," I muttered and shut my eyes tight. I tried to block out the pain.

***

It was revealed that Alex had broken two of my ribs and my nose. I had to wear a brace around my torso for the next few weeks, until the bones healed.

The doctors packed up my ribs and bandaged my nose to stop the bleeding and to stop it from moving out of place again. I walked over to the taxi Matt had phoned for us and pulled Zack into the back with me.
"Life's a bitch," I muttered.
"Get over it," Zack laughed and stroked my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah... DRAMMAAAAAA