Status: This is my first story on this site. I hope you enjoy it; feedback would be amazing.

Wake Me up When My Story Ends

Unforeseen Christmas Plans

“Alexa!” Hermione gasped, effectively speeding down the hall with an arm full of musty books. Catching her breath, she matched Alexa’s stride while entering the Great Hall, “So what did your parents say about you coming over for Christmas break?”

Alexa Yaxley rolled her steely blue eyes at Hermione, sitting down at the Gryffindor table beside her, “I told you that I’d love to, but they probably wouldn’t let me.”

“You didn’t even ask?” Hermione incredulously inquired, setting her books down on the bench next to her. She quickly piled eggs onto her plates, scarfing them down in an unforeseen hunger.

Smiling slightly, Alexa shook her head. Thankfully, Hermione’s mouth was so stuffed that she couldn’t reply. Alexa knew that her muggle-loathing parents would never allow her to spend even a day with someone “impure”. It was kind of Hermione to offer, considering Alexa hadn’t been looking forward to the upcoming break without her friends, but it couldn’t be helped. She has always stayed at Hogwart’s during vacations because her parents were always busy, so this wasn’t anything new.

Hermione swallowed her mouthful of eggs and opened her mouth but she was thankfully cut off by the hoots of many owls. Owls of all shapes and sizes flew in from the top of the Great Hall, quickly finding and even pecking their owners. A foreign spotted owl neared Alexa, swooping by and dropping an envelope in her lap before flying away.

The barn owl that flew in with Hermione’s copy of the Daily Prophet drew her attention and questions away from Alexa.

Alexa nervously eyed the seal on the envelope, instantly identifying it as the Yaxley seal. Her parents hardly ever sent her mail.

Tensely loosening the red and gold striped scarf on her neck, she peeled the envelope open. Inside was a measly sheet of paper with nearly nothing written on it. She identified the handwriting as her mothers and began reading.

Alexa,

We all will be spending Christmas at the Malfoy residence. You will take the Hogwart’s Express on Christmas Eve with Draco Malfoy and go to his home. We will meet you there that night.
Behave.

Mr. and Mrs. Yaxley


“What’s that?” Hermione questioned, eyeing Alexa as she angrily crumpled up the note.

Alexa tucked some of her dirty blonde hair behind her ear, allowing her to have a better view of the Great Hall. At the Slytherin table, Draco was busy jeering at some people from the nearby Ravenclaw table.

She narrowed her eyes at the egocentric male, glaring at him over the Great Hall. How many times had he ridiculed her?

Sourly, Alexa replied to Hermione, “It seems like I have plans this break after all.”
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, I hope you enjoyed it. - inuyasha1618