Status: This is my first story on this site. I hope you enjoy it; feedback would be amazing.

Wake Me up When My Story Ends

Departure

“Er-“ Alexa extended her arm to the door, flinging her head up from her bag. Draco had already disappeared from her doorway, taking her Transfiguration notes with him. Shaking her head, the corner of her mouth twitched up as she draped his fur coat over her arm. She’d forgotten that she had it from the time they played Quidditch together and she wouldn’t get a chance to return it to him at Hogwart’s.

“One hour!” Narcissa warned from the first floor as Alexa scurried over to Draco’s bedroom at the end of the hall. She’s had her clothes packed since yesterday morning in anticipation of leaving the Malfoy Manor but Draco had just started.

Curtly knocking on his door, the approaching footsteps on the other side reminded her that she’d never the inside of his room. Whenever she would peek down the hall, the door would be shut, and she wouldn’t dare go through it when he wasn’t there. They were steadily passing over their house difficulties to begin with and she didn’t want to make it any worse.

Draco opened the room, appearing more disheveled than he had minutes ago. His blonde hair was tousled, undoubtedly from running his hand through it too many times, and the touch of hysteria in his usually hardened eyes quivered Alexa’s lips into a faint smile.

“Yes?” Draco impatiently asked, drumming his fingers against the doorframe. His other hand held assorted school items waiting to be packed.

Alexa held up her arm and Draco’s eyes darted to the coat, “I found your coat in my stuff. Sorry I forgot to give it back earlier.”

Draco irritably shook his head, distinctly raising his hand with the multiple school items. Alexa noticed her present of deluxe quills near the front, “No, consider it your Christmas present from me.”

“But… but won’t you need it for Hogwart’s?” Alexa disbelievingly asked, trying to come up with an excuse not to keep it. A costly fur coat could range up to hundreds of galleons and she didn’t feel right accepting it from someone who likely still loathes her. She only got him a Christmas present at her parent’s whim so he shouldn’t feel obliged to return the service.

Draco’s eyes flitted outside of a nearby window in the hall, eyeing the raging winter rapping noisily against the manor. Remembering her imprudent choice in clothing from when they went outside earlier in the week, he smirked, yet again shaking his head, “I have other coats but you didn’t pack any. You get cold very easily anyway, so you need it.”

“I do not get cold easily,” Alexa stubbornly huffed but Draco had already returned to packing his belongings inside of his room. Alexa glanced inside, frowning at the enormous green and silver Slytherin banner hung above his bed. His room was roughly twice the size of hers, lavishly decorated by seemingly ununused furniture.

Draco was at the point where he was just throwing things into his bags. They had an hour before the train left and they still had to get to the station.

“Do you want some help?” Alexa tentatively offered, taking a hesitant step into his room.

Draco let out a short laugh, a wide smirk stretching across his face. He turned to look up at Alexa who had momentarily become breathless. The sunlight shone directly on Draco, shining against his bleached hair. He was leaning over the bag, his loose white dress shirt untucked with his sleeves rolled up halfway. The fair hair on his arms glistened different shades of gold and she ached to reach out and touch him.

“I don’t want you going through my stuff,” he chuckled to himself while Alexa quickly dismissed herself, fleeing back to her room with her thoughts thoroughly muddled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated, school happened. :/ I'll update whenever I get a chance, considering I have up to chapter 20 done and edited. Thanks guys~