Status: This is my first story on this site. I hope you enjoy it; feedback would be amazing.

Wake Me up When My Story Ends

You've Got Me Bewitched, 'Cause I'm Under Your Spell

Draco slid Achievements in Charming back into a random shelf, disgruntled with the book. He had recently begun studying for the O.W.L.s because his father was furious that a mudblood was doing better than he was. As it stands, he was going to fail a few vexing subjects.

“Yeah I have to…” by now, this student’s soft voice had become easily recognizable to Draco. He moved towards the end of the bookshelf, stealthily peering through an empty book slot to watch the nearby table, “Study for O.W.L.s and the sort.”

“Oh,” Hermione frowned, but her eyes moved over to the main library door where Ron was wildly waving her over. Madam Pince was swiftly weaving through the bookcases toward him but as Hermione bid Alexa farewell and left for Ron, Draco took this chance to approach Alexa. Curiosity has never been a threat to snakes.

“You’re studying more than Granger? Please,” Draco scoffed, rounding the corner and leaning against the bookcase. Alexa stopped scribbling on her parchment, her shoulders tensing, “What’s the excuse really for?”

Alexa began gnawing on her lower lip, glancing around her to see a few scattered people chattering within themselves or engrossed within their reading. Knowing that Draco wouldn’t leave until he got an answer, she laid down her quill and tiredly turned to him, propping her head up with her arm.

Even though he already knew about her family, meaning he could have put it together himself, Alexa still explained, “You know about the D.A. right? Never mind, of course you do, you and the rest of Umbridge’s army are stalking them down.”

Draco clenched his jaw, resisting any retorts so she would continue. He was only in the Inquisitorial Squad because he loved docking house points from the other houses. Umbridge had no control over him; he was free to do as he pleased.

“Well, that’s what it was about,” Alexa sighed, shrugging her shoulders. When Draco’s expectant gaze didn’t disappear, she halfheartedly continued, “I’d love to stand up to You-Know-Who with all of them… But I can’t. I simply can’t do it and you know why…”

Draco unwillingly matched Alexa’s desolate gaze while her expression turned grim and her voice dropped to a whisper, “He’ll kill my parents… He’ll find out and kill them…”

“What are you looking for, boy?” Madam Pince’s stern voice jolted Draco and he nearly fell forward. His scowl rivaled her own as she continued scolding him, “Because if it’s a place to prattle, my library won’t be it!”

Alexa’s jaded eyes apathetically returned to her homework knowing that their conversation was over. She thought that telling him the truth would be alleviating, just like before, but it wasn’t. Not only was she unable to stand with her friends against the greatest enemy to have ever existed, but the only being who knew the truth was Draco Malfoy.

Talking to him just made reality sting further.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey loves, sorry this took so long to put up. School's been busy and the next chapter is is pretty lengthy too so.. yay? I don't mean to sound pushy, since I've made it clear that I'm grateful for your support and all, but more feedback would be nice (both in terms of feedback itself and reminders). Mibba emails me every time I receive a comment so it reminds me to update my story since sometimes I become a bit overwhelmed by my own life and forget about it. Thanks for understanding and for reading, :)

(Bewitched by Blood On The Dance Floor used in title)