Status: This is my first story on this site. I hope you enjoy it; feedback would be amazing.

Wake Me up When My Story Ends

21- Double Date With Draci-Poo

“Oh wow, it’s pretty crowded in here,” Seamus noted, guiding Alexa through the swarming Thee Broomsticks. They managed to find a recently cleared, small table that was painfully close to the restroom but they gladly seized the seats regardless.

Alexa’s feet were worn out from all the walking they’d done all day and she was grateful to give them a small rest. She wasn’t the most athletic of girls but she had put up a good fight during Seamus and her snowball match.

“Let me go get us some drinks,” Seamus waved his arm in the air for a moment before accepting that Madam Rosmerta wasn’t going to see him. He rose from his chair, draping his coat protectively over the back of it, “I’ll be right back.”

Alexa nodded, smiling at Seamus as he disappeared into the main depths of the pub. After readjusting her hair so it wasn’t a huge, windy mess, Alexa folded her hands on her lap and waited for Seamus.

Alexa didn’t go on dates very often, there were only a handful of guys present to her as options as it was. While spending the day with Seamus was without a doubt enjoyable, it was about as fun as spending the day with any friend, like Luna or Hermione. Laughing around Zonko’s Joke Shop was entertaining but it was just that: jokes and fun times. There was no romantic connection between the two so far but Alexa was hoping that this more intimate environment might change that.

Alexa sadly smiled at Seamus who was struggling to get close to Madam Rosmerta. Even if they did miraculously fall in love, she wouldn’t be able to get in a serious relationship with him. Her parents would be appalled if they found out that she was dating someone with tainted blood. So, even if this may as well be their last date, Alexa resolved to make it as enjoyable for Seamus as possible. After all, she owes him that much.

“There’s one over here Dra- oh.”

Alexa reluctantly turned her head to see the crowd puke up Pansy Parkinson with Draco Malfoy leisurely tailing her. Pansy’s smile immediately fell when she saw Alexa sitting near her target table while a smirk danced on Draco’s lips, “Good find Pansy. This will do just fine.”

Alexa’s incredulous expression stretched Draco’s smirk as he pulled a chair out for Pansy. Alexa’s glower didn’t disappear until Seamus returned and while she plastered a wide smile for him, he glared at the nearby pair, “Weren’t those two just in Honeydukes with us? I swear they were at Tomes and Scrolls too…”

While Seamus suspiciously watched Draco and Pansy, Alexa rose to take the drinks from him and usher him into his seat, “It’s alright Seamus.”

“’Reckon we can still go to Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop if you’d like,” Seamus suggested but Alexa shook her head.

“It’s all very tacky over there. We can still have a good time here,” Alexa nodded, weakly smiling at Seamus who was still glowering at Draco.

“Draaaco,” Pansy purred, making both Seamus and Alexa wince, “Will you go get us some drinks?”

Change sounded against the table and when Pansy dramatically huffed, both the Gryffindor’s turned to watch Pansy theatrically grab the galleons Draco threw on the table and abruptly leave to get drinks. Draco draped his arm over the back of his chair, slouching. When Alexa and Draco met glances, his smug look annoyed her.

Such the gentleman, Alexa rolled her eyes, trying her best to return all of her attention to Seamus. Their date was quickly becoming a double date with Draco and Pansy.

After she took a sip of her butterbeer, Seamus swiftly followed suit, messily creating a foamy mustache around his mouth. Both boys looked over to Alexa when she lightheartedly giggled at it.

“What?” Seamus asked, his cheeks tinting red. He followed her eyes to his mouth and moved at it with the back of his hand but only managed to remove some of his new facial hair.

“Here,” Alexa sighed at the end of her giggling fit, reaching over the table with a napkin to wipe the rest off. Alexa could feel the heat off his cheeks when she gently wiped around his mouth, her pinky finger accidently brushing across his lips. When she returned to her seat, Draco’s penetrating glare didn’t go unnoticed.

“I might have to chug a few more of these like that,” Seamus joked, fuming Draco further.

“I’m back Draci-poo!”

All three students simultaneously groaned, some louder than others, “Pansy, I told you to stop calling me that.”

“Sorry honey boo~” Pansy set the butterbeers down on the table before sitting down, smiling brightly at Draco. Draco’s frown deepened after hearing her new nickname but the edges of his mouth nearly fell off his face when the nearby Gryffindor’s began snickering.

“Alright,” Draco sat up, swiftly glaring over at Alexa. She should know that you can’t win at playing games with a Malfoy, “Pansy, aren’t you warm in your coat?” Without waiting for an answer, he stood up and moved over to her, “Let me help you with that.”

As Draco gingerly removed Pansy’s coat, he made sure to feel her up and down a few times for good measure. Alexa desperately avoided meeting Draco or Seamus’s gaze, intently frowning into her butterbeer. Pansy’s shrill giggles upset Alexa further.

“Er.. Alexa, you wouldn’t happen to be warm either right? I’m sorry I forgot,” Seamus flustered.

“No,” Alexa tautly shook her head, stiffly smiling at Seamus. She tried to ignore Draco and Pansy’s light chatter at the next table but every effort to keep Draco from her mind failed. Why did seeing Draco touch Pansy like that bother her? Surely they must go much further than that when they’re on their own…

The very thought of Draco and Pansy sleeping together made Alexa sick. She convulsed, anxiously trying not to openly cringe. Tightly clenching her jaw, Alexa tried not to stand so abruptly, “I have to go to the washroom.”

Alexa fled the area, quickly disappearing into the crowd only to leave a flustered Seamus behind. Now that she had disappeared from his sight, she turned away from the washroom door and pushed her way to the main door. Three Broomsticks was so packed that she stumbled out of the door, sloppily catching herself on a wooden post.

The cool air immediately cleared her mind from its muddled state. Her breath came out in white clouds and her nose was already beginning to sting in reaction to the cold. It was so humid inside the Three Broomsticks; couldn’t magic take care of that?

Instead of filing a formal complaint against the pub, Alexa moved out of the street and into the small alley next to the Three Broomsticks. Alexa’s boots made the first pair of footprints in the alley’s untouched snow. Alexa stopped halfway down the alley, satisfiedly hidden from the people strolling through Hogsmeade.

Alexa leaned against the stone building and closed her eyes, the coldness was seeping through her coat but she didn’t care. At least she was sane out here, not blinded by some ridiculous jealousy of Pansy Parkinson.

Pansy Parkinson, Alexa bitterly thought, I was jealous of Pansy Parkinson.

She didn’t want Pansy’s charming personality either; it was Draco. No matter how much Alexa denied it, Draco meant something to her. He shouldn’t, but he did.

“Comfy?”

Well speak of the devil…

Alexa’s eyes flew open to see Draco looming over her, his familiar smirk suddenly exasperating her as she sighed, “Why are you doing this?”

Draco’s smirk disappeared and in one blink his face turned blank. That wasn’t the reaction he was expecting, but then again she wasn’t a very predictable girl.

“Doing… what?” He hesitantly asked even though he knew exactly what she was referring to.
Alexa met his stare with empty eyes, “This. Why are you doing this to me?”

Now Draco actually became confused. Maybe he had misinterpreted her earlier; he thought she was, understandably, mad at him for following them around all day but did she mean something else?

Draco watched Alexa’s face carefully, seeing her eyes blankly staring at his chest. Something was wrong. Maybe he had made her angrier about her date than he had thought, “… Seamus isn’t right for you.”

Alexa’s eyes flashed up to his, sparkling with anger, “Who are you to decide who’s right for me?!” Draco’s lips tightened and she continued seething, “Just go suck your girlfriend’s face off, leave me alone.”

“Pansy’s not my girlfriend,” Draco blinked and Alexa’s anger dissipated into confusion, “Please, why would I go out with her?”

Alexa choked out a harsh laugh, “Is that a joke?”

“Alright, I wanted to make you mad today so I took her on a date but-“

“Why would you think that would make me mad?” Alexa huffed, glaring up at Draco but inwardly she was relieved. It was taking all of her self control to not crack her frown into a smile. Draco and Pansy weren’t going out. They didn’t snog in closeted spaces or, god forbid, sleep together.

Draco smirked, pleased he has elicited a more normal reaction out of her, “Well clearly it did didn’t it.”

“No,” Alexa lied, “It didn’t bother me at all, it was just annoyin-“

Draco brought his hand to her face, gently stroking her hair off her cheek. He leaned down, his warm breath washing over her neck as she shuddered, “It wouldn’t bother you if I did this to Pansy?”

Alexa bit her lip, overwhelmed by pleasure and anger. Two could play this game.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, sinking her fingers into his soft hair and redirected his face to her own. Alexa slid her tongue across her lower lip, moistening it so that it glistened. Their noses touched, each attentively watching the other, “So it wouldn’t bother you if I did this to Seamus?”

“It would bother me a little bit,” Draco admitted, slightly dazed by their situation. Small alarm bells were ringing somewhere inside his head but he ignored them, momentarily pleased by this situation, “But not as much as this would bother you.”

Then he kissed her. And she kissed back. They both held each other tightly, passion finding it’s way through their veins once again. Weak snowflakes failed at attempting to diminish their newfound warmth.

It wasn’t until the longing for air was more intense than their kiss, that Alexa pulled away for air. When Draco gasped for air as well, she giggled, holding him closer. This felt right. It was so wrong, but it felt right.

“Draco,” She murmured, resting her forehead on his, “What are we going to do?”

This relationship was bound to be cursed, Gryffindors and Slytherins have been star crossed forever, but there was no point in resisting it. Draco moved back for her lips without a response.
♠ ♠ ♠
I rewrote the second half of this chapter at least three times to try and get it right, I hope you liked it. :)