Status: This is my first story on this site. I hope you enjoy it; feedback would be amazing.

Wake Me up When My Story Ends

Malfoy Manor

The Malfoy Manor loomed over Alexa’s smaller stature, towering many stories high. The ornate fountain in the garden was splashing in the distance and the occasional peacock called.
Alexa gripped her bags tighter, taking a deep breath before following Draco through the large doors.

Inside, many pale-faced portraits decorated the wide hallway. There was a long carpet draped over the stony floor, and with the dim lighting, the whole manor had a ghostly feel.

“Mother,” Draco called, dropping his bags and stepping ahead of Alexa. Alexa awkwardly followed suit, setting her bags carefully down on the ground. She has to set conduct herself well and orderly for the following week or her parents will never let her hear the end of it.

“Draco honey!” a voice gushed and a tall woman appeared around the corner, hurrying toward them. She grabbed Draco, enveloping him a tight embrace while he respectfully hugged her back. A small smile tugged at Alexa’s lips, remembering the similar hug her mother had given her before her first year at Hogwarts. Of course, that was before she had been sorted into Gryffindor.

Mrs. Malfoy pulled away from Draco, her clear, azure eyes quickly finding Alexa’s pale blue one’s by the door. Alexa’s dirty blonde hair, with locks of varying shades of brown, was very different from Narcissa’s wispy blonde hair.

Narcissa walked over to Alexa, Draco grudgingly following behind her. Alexa gave her a faint smile, firmly shaking her hand, “Hello Elisa, how was the train ride?”

Alexa’s awkward smile grew, unsure on what to do. Her eyes flitted over to Draco, but he was actively glaring at her so she was helpless, “Er, my name is Alexa Yaxley. And it was good, thank you Mrs. Malfoy.”

“Of course, of course,” Narcissa’s eyes twinkled, vaguely nodding at the girl below her. Alexa was thoroughly confused, baffled at why a Malfoy was treating a Gryffindor so kindly, “I remember when you were born; Lyssandra was so pleased to have a baby girl.”

Alexa’s puzzled expression didn’t disappear. She always knew that since her father was a Death Eater they had relations with the other Death Eater families, but she never knew they were particularly close with the Malfoy’s.

“Well, you both must be famished. Your parents will arrive in a few hours Alexa so I’ll get the house elves to cook something up for you two until then.” Narcissa said, hustling away, not before instructing Draco to show Alexa her room.

As soon as Narcissa rounded the corner, Draco sped off down the hall in the opposite direction. Alexa rushed to keep up, eyeing the front door where their bags no longer were. A pang of worry shot through her but she didn’t have time to dwell on it because Draco was already ascending an immense staircase.

The velvety carpet continued up the stairs and by the top Alexa didn’t even have enough time to admire it because Draco had shot off towards the left. Adamantly following him, she almost bumped into him when he abruptly stopped.

“This is your room,” Draco said, simply pointing to the door on his left while not turning to regard Alexa. He was clearly displeased that she was in his house but it didn’t matter to her, she didn’t want to be here either.

Draco walked away, leaving Alexa to enter her room alone. Inside, her bags had already been placed by the foot of a bed much too large for her. Two windows shone in with winter light, brightly illuminating the room. A giant, burgundy dresser sat by the door, nearly taking up the whole wall. It had many small drawers and ornaments shelved in minute crevices.

Softly sighing, Alexa moved towards her bags and unenthusiastically began moving a few of her clothes into the dresser. This was the last place she wanted to be on Christmas Eve.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed this chapter~~

*** Please follow this link to the next chapter (which I misplaced earlier but is now uploaded). After this chapter, resume the story from chapter 4. Thank you.

http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/478745/Wake-Me-Up-When-My-Story-Ends/20/