Status: This is my first story on this site. I hope you enjoy it; feedback would be amazing.

Wake Me up When My Story Ends

Santa Clause Doesn't Always Give Coal to the Naughty

When Alexa’s foot missed the last step on the staircase, her heart skipped a beat as she stumbled down. Gripping her newly wrapped presents tightly to her chest, she turned into the drawing room to see everyone already inside.

Fidgeting within her chafing, white turtleneck sweater, Alexa stopped behind her parents who were animatedly conversing with the Malfoys.

“Narcissa, you shouldn’t have,” Alexa’s mother gushed, admiring her new diamond necklace. Her face was flushed with glee, clearly pleased with her Christmas present.

Narcissa shook her head while smiling, denying Lyssandra’s praise, “Merry Christmas Lyssandra.”

Stepping out from behind her father’s figure, Alexa courteously handed Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy their present. Eight galleons seemed steep while buying their French chocolates but seeing their other presents made her reconsider her own.

“Thank you Alexa,” Lucius said, giving Alexa a thin smile. She didn’t match his gaze and stared at his pastel neck instead. He opened his mouth to speak again but Alexa’s father cut him off, giving Lucius his own present.

With both her parents occupied, Alexa reluctantly held out Draco’s present to him. She was completely mortified by what had happened last night and it humiliated her to interact with Draco again. She was in a rare, bad state last night, and she hoped that Draco would just forget about it.

Draco’s calculating eyes made it clear that he clearly remembered the previous night. Alexa’s dreary stare rested on his chin so they couldn’t make eye contact. Draco silently accepted her present, wondering if he was supposed to buy her an individual present as well.

“Alexa,” Narcissa cut into their awkward exchange, addressing young Yaxley, “Merry Christmas”

“Merry Christmas Mrs. Malfoy,” Alexa forced the most genuine smile she could muster but it still felt uncomfortable.

“I found out that you don’t have your own owl,” Narcissa started, discerningly waving her hand as she spoke. Her voice implied that not having an owl was preposterous, but Alexa brushed it off, “Thus the Malfoy family is gifting you an eagle owl.”

Alexa tried her best to spiritedly thank the Malfoys, excluding Draco of course, but she was thoroughly confused as to where her new owl was being kept. She wouldn’t dare question it though, unsure if was the round unopened nearby, but Narcissa later cleared it up; the owl was waiting at Hogwart’s for her in the Owlery.

“Merry Christmas Alexa,” Lyssandra thinly smiled at her daughter, assessing her much too messy bun and her thoughtless choice of suede black boots over leather.

Alexa accepted the small package from her mother, completely aware that the light jingling was coming from the galleons within. Her parents have always generously given her many galleons for the holidays and Alexa was grateful for them; without them, she’d be running around butt naked.

Alexa handed her father and mother their present, which as every year, was their favorite German truffles. After all the exchanges were made, Alexa quietly returned to her father’s shadow and stood there while everyone chatted, blankly staring at the otherwise intricately designed rug.

“Well, let’s all get some breakfast,” Narcissa announced, ushering everyone into the dining room. Alexa couldn’t keep the frown from her lips as she sat in the same spot as yesterday, mentally preparing herself for whatever ridiculing she was going to have to endure.

Alexa’s dull gaze rested on her lap, thoroughly sick of herself. She just wanted to be the daughter her parents always wished her, she wanted to please them, but she can’t do anything right. All she can do is cry and mope about it like any typical teenage girl. She daily disgraced the very Yaxley name she was brought up to revere.

Alexa’s depressing aura didn’t damper anyone’s breakfast. The Yaxley and Malfoy’s were animatedly talking over the food, them being the only ones with Christmas spirit at the table. Draco was an exception though. Without any other remarkable distractions, all he could do was to contemplate why a Gryffindor like Alexa would so critically lose her spirit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them. I know the chapter length in my story isn't long but that's because I don't want to extend a scene more than I think is needed and because I don't want to transition scenes within a chapter. Thanks again~