‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

in the things that we believed in,

Sidney parked his car across the street. Anne's house stood in front of him. The team had returned from their road trip three days ago. He tried to play it cool and have Anne come after him, but she never did.

She wanted the space, but only until he came back. Well, here he was and Anne had made no attempts to contact him. Sid thought his phone was broken, but his parents had called a few times already to prove his theory wrong.

So, here he was ready to confront Anne. He didn't need any more distractions. He walked up to her front door and knocked several times. Sid could hear footsteps and the door opened. Anne stood in front of him in a T-shirt and athletic shorts.

***

"Sid!" I couldn't stop the smile from appearing on my face. Thank God it was him.

"I can't do this Anne." My heart broke in to a million pieces. Nothing had ever made me feel so horrible so quick. "I can't stand by and just have you choose him."

I reached out and grabbed his hand, "Sid..." He moved out the way.

"No, Anne. It's not worth it to me if you're just going to choose Charlie." Sid walked off the front steps towards the road. I had to stop him.

"Sid! I don't want Charlie!" Sid stopped in his tracks. He turned around to look at me. He walked back towards me.

"Are you serious?" He grabbed my hands. He was so much bigger than me that my hands disappeared.

I nodded my head, "I've been ignoring you two. As Greta would say "made you sleep on the couch." I wanted to see who wanted me more. Charlie hasn't done anything." Just as I finished, his lips were on mine.

My arms went around his neck and his subconsciously went to my waist. We moved into the house together and Sid shut the door with his foot. We broke apart for second so I could tell him, "Bedroom."

He lifted me up and carried me to the bedroom. He shut the door and we moved to the bed. I knew I was making the right choice with Sidney. He was what I want; that's all that matters.

We spent the evening together. It was better than any other time we had been together. As we lay there in each others arms, I couldn't wait to see where the future brought us. But, I couldn't help but forget something...

The front door slammed and I immediately shot up. Sid rubbed his eyes and sat up, "What's wrong?"

I heard footsteps and a bag hit the floor. "Anne?" How could I forget the one thing keeping us apart. Charlie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama, drama, drama! Sorry it's so late! I'm starting college at the moment and haven't had a single second to myself! Any thoughts?