‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

but we got some ways to go.

I put a finger up to my mouth signaling Sidney to be quiet. I got up and put my clothes back on as quickly as I could. Sid moved to get up, but I pushed against his chest. "Stay here." I tried to mouth it, but sound came out anyways.

I walked out of the room and shut the door. "Anne!" I saw Charlie at the bottom of the stairs near the front door. I gave him a weak smile and walked towards him.

"Hey," he kissed me quick, "How was your trip?" His gaze went towards the floor. I quickly grabbed his cheek and moved his eyes to me. Sid's shoes were right by Charlie's feet.

"It was fine. Why don't we go upstairs for a bit?" He grabbed my arm but I was able to lead him back to the couch.

"But I was hoping to watch this new movie I got with you." We sat down together and he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Alright, let me just get something to drink." We both got up. Charlie headed to the kitchen and I to the movie cabinet. What movie has he never seen that's in here?

"Anne?" Charlie called. It wasn't as needy as it was when he first came home. It had more anger behind it. I moved from the living room to the entryway where Charlie stood. He looked down, "Whose shoes are these?"

Shit. "Those? They-they aren't yours?" I tried to play it off, but he wasn't buying it.

Charlie moved forward and grabbed my wrists. "Where is he?" I just stood there. His grip on me tightened. "I said where is he?"

My eyes were starting to water, "Charlie, you're hurting me. Let me go."

"Tell me where he is." I opened my mouth to answer but Charlie was suddenly thrown off me.

Sid towered over him. He had gotten dressed, thank God, but his hair was still disheveled. "She said let go." The two stood in front of each other, chests almost touching.

I tried to get in between them to break it apart. "Sid, let's go." I pushed against his chest and he moved back. His eyes never left Charlie.

"Yeah! Go! Anne, I never want to see you again! I'll drop your stuff off at Greta's! I never want to see you here again!"

Sid grabbed my hand and led me out of the house. He held me in his arms. My body numb from everything that had happened. "Come on. You can stay at my place."

It had been a long night. I don't know why I said it, but once it was out I couldn't take it back. "No."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda crappy, but Charlie is out of the picture! But why would Anne say no? Let me know your thoughts!