‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

she goes and says something that just knocks me dead.

Sid got to the rink the same time he did everyday, but today was different. He felt sluggish. He wasn't as excited to be here as he usually was. Sidney couldn't sleep last night with her on his mind.

It was noticeable in practice. Their captain was slow. His pucks were missing the net. Passes weren't clean. He was a complete mess.

Coach Bylsma had asked what was up, but Sid couldn't even tell him. He claimed it was just a bad day and coach shrugged it off. No one had ever distracted him from his game before.

This was frustrating to him. He worked so hard to be great, but it was gone. Granted, it could be for just one day, but he was frustrated none the less.

When practice was finally over, he was the last one off the ice. Sid's anger was over flowing and he slammed his stick against the wall. Everyone's eyes were on him when he walked in the locker room. He had had a bad day. It was a common occurrence, but not for Sid. They left him alone, all but one.

Kris came up to him after several others had left. He was leaning against the stalls facing Sidney. "So, what happened last night?"

Sid just looked at him, "I figured Anne told you everything that happened."

Kris shook his head, "She wouldn't tell me. She and Greta didn't get a chance to talk until this morning." Sidney looked at his friend. How do you tell someone you finally got the girl of your dreams, but she still needed ‘time?' "Never mind, I thought I should warn you that she's on her way here."

"How much time until she gets here?" Sid looked as his watch.

"Now." Kris' gaze moved towards Anne and Greta. Well, there's no time like the present.

***

Greta dragged me to practice with her claiming that "I had to talk to Sidney now." I went, but I made sure she knew I wasn't happy about it. Sidney deserved to know everything was fine yesterday, but I was still scared of jumping right into another relationship.

Sid was sitting down next to Kris and looked shocked to see me. Kris pushed him forward and Greta left to talk to her husband. Sid came up to me, "Can we talk? In the hallway?" I couldn't speak and only nodded my head.

No one was around. Most had already left or were still in the locker room. "Anne, listen..."

I cut him off and wrapped my arms around his neck. My head pressed against his chest. "I'm so sorry." he relaxed in my grasp and wrapped his arms around me. "I shouldn't have done all that last night."

"It's okay," he tried to calm me.

I pulled away and looked at him, "No, it's not okay. I meant some of what I said last night. I want to be with you; nothing's going to change that."

His lips immediately crashed against mine. We stood their together. We. There was no more hiding. Sid was mine and I was his. It was like all was right in the world.

Sid broke the kiss with a smile on his face. "Let’s go home."
♠ ♠ ♠
And they are finally together! But don't get too happy, this story is far from over! Any ideas on what may happen?