‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

You won't find heart and soul in the stars.

"So, you do believe in all that?" I wanted to Sid to explain this to me. The silence in the car was unbearable.

"It's just how I was raised. My parents made sure to explain to me and my sister that God is an important part of life. He created everything and we're here for him."

"You sound like Tim Tebow." It slipped out of my mouth before I had time to think. Way to insult him on the first date.

I was glad to hear him laugh. "I guess, but it's true. I think that everything happens for a reason. If you don't have faith, how can you believe something will happen?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry Anne. It's like you and science. There's got to be something that controls the universe, and it just fascinates me."

"But it's got to be difficult for you to believe all that when you're a professional athlete."

"It is, but I manage. I'm able to go church once a week, even if were on the road. I wear this," he pulled out a necklace from underneath his shirt that has a cross on it. "My mom got it for me. It helps remind me to stay grounded."

"So that's what you do before games!" His laugh rang throughout the car again. I could listen to it all day.

"Yeah, part of my routine. The big guy upstairs makes this all possible, got to give a shout out."

He pulled his car into his driveway and shut it off. I was staying here now. Charlie had delivered all my belongings to Greta and she went to get my car. I haven't seen or heard from him since.

We walked into his house together and he pulled me in for a kiss. "I don't have a problem with you not believing in faith."

"Thank you. And I respect you for believing in that." Sid kissed me again, but it started to get heated. "So if you believe in all that, what about all the premarital sex we've been partaking in."

He smirked, "I believe I all that, but if you care about someone enough, sex is fine."

"Good, because I don't think I could have dealt with you giving all that up." I kissed him again and we made our way up stairs
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler, but importatnt. Thoughts?