‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

It's the way we feel, yeah this is real.

"So everything's going good with you two?" Kris took a drink from his beer. The game on TV was over.

Sid took a sip of his own beer, "Yeah, I think so."

"You think so?" Jordan looked at him with Braydon in his lap. The child made a few noises and continued to play with Jordan's hands.

"I mean everything's going good. There hasn't been anything crazy happening yet."

"Crazy?" Kris started, "You had to get rid of her boyfriend before you could date her. That's crazy. Nothing's going to top that."

"What about you, Jordan?" Sidney tried to shift the conversation. "Where's the girl in your life?"

"Nonexistent. Don't need girl right now. Me and Braydon will fly solo, right bud?" He lifted Braydon up and started bouncing him in the air.

"Well, Braydon won't be solo for long." Both Sid and Jordan turned to look at Kris. Kris just sat there with a smile on his face before clarifying.

***

"Greta, I know you hate shopping. Why are we here?" She invited Sid and me over to her house, but insisted that we leave and go to Target.

"I have something I want to show you." She had the largest smile I had ever seen on her face. Greta led us back towards the little kid clothes.

"I was given specific instructions to not let you buy any more clothes for Braydon. Kris thinks he has enough."

"I know that. I wanted to show you this." She stood in front of a crib. It was made of a dark wood that gave it a rich feeling. It was decorated with green sheets that had animals all over it.

"It's beautiful, but isn't Braydon getting to big for a crib?"

"It's not for Braydon." I looked at her with my mouth open. I didn't know what to say. "I'm pregnant."

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to a hug. "I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!"

"Thank you." the smile never left her face. "It was a little earlier than we expected, but our whole relationship happened fast."

"But he knows this time, right?"

She laughed, "Of course. Now, let's look at all the baby stuff!"
♠ ♠ ♠
It's going to slow down for the next few chapters, but it'll start to get moving after that. Let me know what you thought!