‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

It's the way we feel, yeah this is real.

I woke up Christmas morning to an empty bed. I rolled over and looked at the clock. 8:14 am. It was too early. I lay my head back down on the pillows and tried to fall back asleep. I probably would have if I hadn't heard the sound of pots clanging. I felt sick to my stomach, but tried to ignore it.

I got up and pulled on one of Sid's sweatshirts. I made my way quietly down the stairs and saw him in the kitchen. He was reading over a recipe. I smiled at how frustrated it made him.

I let out a laugh, "Need some help?" He jumped hearing my voice. A surprised look covered his face.

"You aren't supposed to be awake yet!"

"I'm sorry." I walked down the rest of the stairs and joined Sid at the counter. "It does smell good." Pancakes were on the stove and I could smell muffins in the oven. "So when are your parents getting here?" I wrapped my arms around his waist and leaned my head against his arm.

"They're not coming." He continued stirring and never looked at me.

"Why not?" His parents always came fro Christmas. It was one of the few times he could see them during the season.

"I told them I wanted to spend Christmas with my girlfriend." He looked at me and had a smirk one his face.

"Well, I hope breakfast isn't my gift because I'm pretty sure the muffins are burning." I smirked back. A panicked look came across his face. He jumped around and pulled the muffins out of the oven. They burnt black and he just smiled sheepishly.

"Whoops?" I shoved him aside and started mixing the rest of the pancake batter.

"Why don't you go pour some juice and get some plates. I'll finish up here."

"Hey, look at me." I met his gaze and he kissed me. "Merry Christmas."

"Feliz Navidad." I turned back to the food and let the holiday spirit take over.

***

"How did you know I needed this?" he held the expensive razor in his hand. I just smirked and shrugged my shoulders.

"Your mom may have called and I may have asked and traded Christmas ideas."

Sidney leaned over and kissed me. He rested his forehead against mine. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I jumped up, "Now where's my gift?" He laughed and walked to the tree he picked up one of the few gifts underneath it. I would have to drop off Greta, Kris, and Braydon's off tomorrow.

I took the wrapped gift from him and opened it slowly. It had been a perfect day so far. The snow started to fall around eleven and hadn't stopped since. Sid and I curled up on the couch drinking hot chocolate while watching A Christmas Story. The blanket wrapped around us made it even cozier.

I lifted the lid on the box and was unsure of what to think of the gift. Sid could see my uneasiness about it and cut in. "I know you told me you didn't believe in all that, but I do. I'm not trying to shove my religion down your throat, but I thought you would like it."

He lifted the silver cross out of the box and grabbed his own from around his neck. He held them up side by side. I immediately responded, "Oh Sid."

"I got it made to match mine." He looked up at me. I put my hands on his cheeks and kissed him. Our gifts were abandoned on the ground now and I was only focused on him. "So you'll wear it?" I nodded my head. I would wear it if it meant that much to him.
I continued to kiss him, but my mind was elsewhere. I had never believed in this stuff, but here he was. Sidney wasn't forcing me. I was only acknowledging it. There was no way after such a long time without it that it could find a spot in my life.

Sid's kisses trailed down my neck and I instantly moaned. God help me tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise it'll pick up soon. In the meantime, let me know what you think might happen. :)