‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

I tried pushing evolution

I woke up the next morning naked in bed with Sidney Crosby. I smiled to myself. It was a dream come true. I was in love and nothing was going to stop us.

I stretched my arms out above my head, but immediately pulled them back. Something didn't feel right. My stomach held a confusing ache, and I felt like I was going to throw up. I groaned and felt Sid shift next to me.

He looked up at me, "Good morning."

I tried to smile, but it wasn't working out. "Morning." Sid knew that something wasn't right. He reached his hand out and brushed a stray piece of hair out of my eyes.

"You okay?"

My heart warmed at his concern. Charlie would have left and just continued on with his day. He wouldn't have noticed that something was wrong. "Yeah, I’m just a little nausea. I think I just ate too much crap food yesterday."

"Okay, so what do you want to do today?" He slowly got up out of bed and went to the closet to get dressed.

"I thought we could go drop some gifts off for Kris and Greta and then spend the rest of the day chilling out." I took my time getting out of bed and finding clothes to wear.

"Sounds good to me. When do you want to leave?" Sid pulled a t shirt over his head.

"How about now?" He looked at the clock and agreed. I slipped on a pair of jeans and grabbed one of Sid's sweatshirts.

"Just you wearing that makes me what to take it off of you." He snuck up behind me and whispered in my ear. I turned around to face him.

"Well, patience is a virtue. You'll have to wait until tonight." I smirked back up at him.

We spent less than an hour with Kris and Greta's house. Sid told them I hadn't been feeling well, so they insisted I go home to get some rest.

Rest was not what I got. As soon as we walked in the door Sid ripped the sweatshirt off of me and led us upstairs. We landed on the bed and continued our activities from last night.

I had woken up around one in the morning and shifted around. "Hey," Sid called. "I told you people in Pittsburgh have normal sleep schedules. What's up with you?"

"Just some things on my mind."

"Like what?" I turned myself away from him and tried to go to sleep. "You can’t just avoid it Anne."

I sighed and looked back at him. "You know Greta's pregnant? I just can't wait for that to happen in my life. I mean, it's still a little too soon, but I'm excited for her."

"I know what you mean." I looked at him shocked and he laughed. "I can't wait for the day when I get to teach my son or daughter to skate and play hockey."

"What if they don't want to play?" I raised my eyebrow in question.

"Then they do what they want." I leaned my head up and kissed him.

"Okay, I think I'm good now." I curled up underneath the covers. "Good night."

"Goodnight Anne." I started to drift off to sleep, but I thought I heard Sid say something to me. When he didn't say it again I let my body drift off to sleep
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so late, but it's been a busy week. The chapter for Monday may be out on Tuesday because I have a midterm Moday! Thanks to everyone who's been commenting! It means so much to me that you like this story.