‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

as the obvious conclusion of the start.

I woke that morning feeling the same as I had the last few mornings. The nausea was at an all time high. I tried to sit there and take a few breaths, but I needed to rush to the bathroom anyways.

I hadn't thrown up in years. Even then it was due to motion sickness. Then it hit me. I tried to pull a calendar up in my head. How long had it been? Too long.

Sid must have heard me, because he showed up outside the bathroom door. "Hey, what's wrong?" He knelt down beside me and rubbed his hand comfortingly on my back.

How was I supposed to do this? I would go to Greta, but she had just left Kris before she told him. I couldn't do that. Not after seeing how much pain it caused. So, I went with what I thought was the best approach. Direct.

"I think I'm pregnant." I didn't think he heard me. He stayed him the same position. "Sid?" A smile grew on his face.

"Pregnant? A baby?" he pulled me into his arms. "A baby!" Sid kissed my forehead and kept an arm around me.

"You're happy about this?" Wasn't the boyfriend supposed to be the one got freaked out and ran off?

"A little, but I'm even more excited!"

"Sid," I tried to stop him from celebrating. "I'm not 100% sure that I am, but it would make sense."

"Alright," he stood up, "Let's go get a test and find out." He held out his hand for me to grab.

"What if someone sees you?" I grabbed his hand and he lifted me up. Sid just shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't think anyone's going to make of it just yet." I quickly changed into something more presentable and we headed out to the nearest pharmacy store.

I grabbed the first test I saw and we paid for it quickly. We sat in our room for five minutes waiting for the results. It was quiet, but I needed something to distract me. It was like Sid had read my mind.

"I like your necklace." My hand subconsciously went to the chain around my neck and I smiled.

"Some awesome guy gave it to me." I smirked back. Sid grabbed my hand and just kept staring at me. Finally, after he wouldn't cease, I broke the silence. "What?"

"I love you." My mouth dropped open.

"Really?"

"Really." His voice was confident. I knew Sid meant it.

"Really really?"

"Really really." He grabbed my face in both his hands and kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you too." The timer went off and our five minutes was up. I let out a sigh and walked to the bathroom. Before I grabbed the test, I looked back at Sid. "You'll still love me no matter the outcome, right?"

He stood up and walked up next to me, "Of course. Now just read it already."

With my shaky hands I grabbed the test off the counter. It didn't take long for me to comprehend the answer. I looked at Sid, "Well?" he asked impatiently.

I just nodded my head and threw my arms around his neck. "Were having a baby."

"I love you Anne. And our baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, it is far from over! But there's a baby on the way! Yay! Let me know what you thought!