‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

But it was for my own amusement

The Winter Classic was finally here. I walked up to the suite with my stomach in a bundle of nerves. I was dressed in jeans, a powder blue Crosby jersey and my favorite pair of Uggs. I was glad to see Greta already there when I arrived. "Hey! I thought you would've been at the skate yesterday." She sat in her seat with Braydon in her lap. He was bundled up so much that he looked like a marshmallow.

"I had to go into work. Otherwise I couldn't come today." Greta nodded her head in understanding. I focused my attention back out onto the ice. The game was rough. Hits were being thrown in every direction.

"Hey, you okay?" Greta nudged me with her elbow. I just nodded my head and looked back to the game. "Are you sure? You've been awfully quiet."

Should I tell her? Of course. She's my best friend. I looked around the rest of the suite and made sure no one else could hear. "I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant."

Her mouth opened wide, "Nuh uh." I couldn't keep the smile off my face at her reaction. Greta wrapped one arm around me, "Congratulations!"

"Thank you. But keep it on the down low. I don't think were telling most people yet."

"How did Sid react?"

I shrugged, "He was excited. He talked about he was so happy and that he couldn't wait for a baby." The crowd groaned and I immediately found Sid down on the ice. No penalty being called. He slowly made his way back to the bench. I was forced to watch the replay and grimaced at it. "It should have been a fucking penalty."

"I know." Greta reached over and patted my hand. "I just hope he's alright."

We sat together for the rest of the game. I was never one to leave a game early, but I almost did. It hurt to watch Sidney and his team lose.

I said goodbye to Greta and Braydon and made my way home. I figured Sid would be hungry so I started to make some chicken and rice for him. It wasn't until I pulled the chicken out of the oven that Sid returned home. He greeted me at the stove and wrapped his arms around my waste. "I'm sorry about the loss."

"I don't want to talk about it. Can we just go to bed?" He kept his eyes closed and his voice was harsh. I simple nodded and turned off everything I needed to in the kitchen.

We both changed and slipped into bed. Sid placed his arms around my waist and rested his hands on my stomach. "I love you." He whispered before I headed his breathing even out.

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yeah. Any thoughts?