‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

You won't find heart and soul in the stars.

Sidney knew he should feel upset. He looked in the closet. She had come back, packed, and left. Everything they had was gone. He glanced at his watch. 8:26 pm. Sidney raced back downstairs, grabbed the keys to his car, and headed off to the one person who would know where she was.

He walked up the steps and knocked on the door. Sidney stood there for a few minutes, but he knew they were home. The door finally opened to reveal a flustered Greta. "Sid! Come in."

"Thanks." He could feel a blush appear on his cheeks. "Sorry for interrupting." Greta looked back at him with shocked look on his face. "You're, um, shirts on backwards."

Greta blushed and quickly excused herself to the bathroom. Sidney took off his shoes and started towards the living room. He stopped for a few moments only to admire a few pictures hanging on the wall.

To the unknown eye it appeared that Kris and Greta’s relationship was perfect. There were pictures from Greta’s time with the Penguins and as a family with the Stanley Cup. There were few that had seen them at their worst, including the girl in the picture in front of Sid; the same girl he just lost.

"You and Jordy need to stop showing up at the strangest hours." Greta walked towards Sid, her shirt now in the correct position. She led him to the couch and they both sat. "Jordan's always here for Braydon and you always seem to show up to talk about Anne."

"I didn't know who else to go to. You're the only one who knows Anne as well as I do," Sid admitted.

"If you know her so well, why are you here?"

"She's not here?" Sid couldn't believe it. "Where is she?"

"The only place that she knows she'll be happy." Sid kept his eyes on the floor. Where could she be? "There was only one reason she came to Pittsburgh and he's not going anywhere. She had to go back."

"She's in Minnesota?" He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"I'm not supposed to tell you where she is, but you're right."

Sid didn't know what to think. She ended up all the way across the country to be closer to him and in a flash she was right back where she started.

"Sid," he looked back at Greta, "I know that you two had a few disagreements on some things, but you can either use your way or her way to get her back.

"If you wanted something back, you would sit there. You would hope and pray and have faith that she would return to you. You would stay put and everything works out how it's supposed to.

"Or you do it her way. You know where she is and how to get there. You tell her exactly how you feel and lay it all out on the line. You step outside your comfort zone."

The two sat quietly. Sid could only look around the room. A baby's cry suddenly sounded from the floor above. "That’s my cue. I can't help you any further Sid, but whatever you choose, me and Kris are always here." Greta walked out of the room leaving Sidney and his thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I keep putting the chapters out later and later because I don't want this story to end! Let me know what you thought!