‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

You can break everything down to chemicals,

"I'm sorry Sidney, but it's going to take some more time. Just go home and try to get some more rest." Sid just rested his head against the wall. The trainer’s room was quiet with practice taking place on the ice nearby. Sidney had hoped to lace up his skates and get out on the ice, or at least get into the weight room. Nothing at all.

He got up and took a sip from his water bottle. The last week he had spent his time at home alone. The only time he left was for games and to get food.

Sid got to the locker room and sat down in his stall. The team came in not long after. He greeted a few teammates, not saying much, and asked how practice was, but no one asked how he was. It was obvious he wasn't going to be joining them anytime soon.

He sat alone and just enjoyed the feeling of being with the boys again. If Anne was still back at the house he would've showered as fast as possible and been one of the first to leave. But there was no Anne anymore. He was forced to deal with a quiet house. Quietness he wasn't used to anymore. The house seemed less joyful without her. All the sunshine had left and he was covered with dark clouds.

"Hey man," Kris nudged him. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." Sidney kept his eyes facing forward and stood up. "Good luck tonight." Without another word he left.

***

"Fuck ." He swore under his breath. He tried not to let it show how upset he was about the goal, but it was one that could have been prevented. Sid glanced around at the others in the suite. He had met many of them before, but only remembered a handful of names.

He let out a sigh and turned his attention back to the game. But no matter how hard he tried, Anne found a way back into his thoughts.

"How are you doing Sid?" a hand landed on his shoulder and then sat down next to him.

"I don't know. I just want to get back out there."

Mario let out a small laugh, "All injuries take some time. You'll be able to come back soon enough." Sid just nodded his head. The two sat in silence watching the game. "There's more isn't there?"

Sid turned to face Mario, "How'd you know?"

Mario shrugged with a smirk, "Wisdom comes with age, right? Dan's said you've been quiet in the locker room."

"Yeah, I can't lead them when I'm not playing…" he trailed off.

"Of course you can. I just think you're just missing something that will help you," Sidney just looked at Mario, "and it's not hockey."

Mario left Sid with his thoughts. The Penguins scored a goal to tie the game and it was in an instant that it hit him. He had to things other than his own way.

He got and left the suite. He tried to move as quickly as possible to avoid fans and made it to his destination. There were children running all over the place. Sid found her sitting watching the game. Braydon was sitting in her lap looking at the ice. He approached and sat in the seat next to her.

She smiled as soon as the words came out of his mouth, "Greta, I need your help."
♠ ♠ ♠
Three chapters left. Any ideas what Sid needs Greta's help with?