‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

I broke her heart.

"Of course. Every game is important. Games now can make or break you. If we want to make to the playoffs, we have to win every game we can." Sid answered the question perfectly. He adjusted the cap on his head and listened intently to next the next question. It was a question he had heard several times, just worded differently.

He answered it with ease and hoped none of the reporters saw his demeanor change as she walked into the room. She was wearing the jersey he had given her with his name on the back. Anne's purse was hanging from her elbow and she held her phone in both hands.

Sid let a smile sneak onto his face seeing she wasn't with Charlie. His focus went back to the reporters. He answered another question with ease and looked back her. His smile disappeared as quickly as it had appeared and Charlie’s hand went around her waist. He answered the last questions swiftly, before leaving to shower and change.

When he came back he was dressed in his suit and Anne and Charlie were talking with Kris. Max saw his captain staring and looked in the same direction, "You want to get her back?"

Sid scoffed, "Back? I never even had her." Saying it out loud saddened him. Anne was the first girl he thought he had fallen for. Since she had reappeared, he wasn't so sure.

"Get your self a girl. Nothing like a little jealousy to get under her skin." Sid let Max’s advice sink in. Normally, Max was the worst person to get relationship advice from, but this didn't sound like a horrible idea.

Tyler came up to the two, "Greta got a sitter for the night, so they're coming with us. Anne and her guy are coming too. You in Sid?" He stood there waiting for an answer.

"Where are you going?" Sid wasn't aware of any post-game plans.

"Diesel!" It was like a light bulb went of in Sid's head. One of the few clubs in Pittsburgh means plenty of people. He would start his plan there.

"I'm in." Tyler and Max gave each other a look and started to snicker. Sid didn't understand what they were laughing about. "What’s so funny?"

"That’s what she said!" They yelled at the same time before high fiving. Jordan walked up and smacked both of there heads.

“Idiots, that one was a “that’s what he said.’” Sid just shook his head and tried to figure out his plan for tonight. He would find the hottest girl there and made sure Anne saw him.

***

Sid was overwhelmed when the team arrived at the club. There were more people in here than he had ever seen. Granted, it was a Saturday and it was a known fact that the Penguins came here after many of their home wins.

The VIP area was less crowded and he knew most of the faces in the room. Sid went over to the bar and got himself a beer. He spotted Greta, Kris, and Jordan on some couches. He walked over and sat next to Jordan.

"Who’d you get to look after Braydon for you?" Jordan asked.

"My parents are in town for the birthday party tomorrow," Greta answered. "They wanted us to go out and have fun, so they took him home after the game." She raised the glass in her hand to her mouth and took a sip.

"Fun? You're just drinking water!" Jordan called out. "If you want, I can go get you something." Jordan started moving out of his spot.

"Jordy, stop." He sat back down. "I'm not drinking so I can take you home once you get shitfaced. Which, knowing you, won't be very long." Jordan just fist pumped the air and headed over to the bar.

"You know he's going to drink as much as possible now. If he dies from alcohol poisoning, you'll be shunned from the team." Sid joked with her.

"Eh, I'll live." We stayed quiet for a bit before Greta spoke up. "So, what are you waiting for?" Sid just looked at her. "Max told me about you're plan to make Anne jealous. Just so you know, Max’s plans never work out, but this one doesn't seem too bad."

Sid drank the rest of his beer and walked over to the crowd of people on dance floor. Immediately a group of girls flocked around him. A redhead placed her arms around his neck and led him away from the group.

***

I laughed at Charlie’s joke. It was a forced laugh and an unnatural smile, but he didn't know the difference. Sid had been dancing with a girl all night and it made steam come out of my ears. All I knew was that he had to see me with Charlie having a good time.

We got to the car and I got in the drivers seat. Charlie had taken the night to celebrate for no reason at all and get completely trashed. As we pulled out the parking lot he pointed something out. "Look!"

Sid was standing with the redhead. Her arms wrapped around his neck, her mouth was whisper something in his ear and he just smirked. "Someone’s getting laid tonight!" He slurred his words, but I paid no attention. I had a boyfriend. Sure, Charlie isn’t perfect, but no one is. I shouldn't care about what Sid does in his spare time. But a small part of me did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for a longer chapter! Any ideas as to how this will turn out? Hope you enjoyed it!