‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

It's the way we feel, yeah this is real.

"I'll see you after the game, okay?" Sid's forehead was resting against mine.

"Sounds good. I love you." He leaned down and kissed me.

"I love you too."

I smiled and walked into the room I was familiar with. Only a few people stopped and said a small hello, but I was a mission to a certain spot. I spotted Greta and Vero sitting in their normal spots and walked up behind them. "Is this seat taken?"

"Anne!" Greta jumped out of her seat and wrapped her arms around me. "Thank God he came to his senses!" Vero and I laughed. I grabbed Braydon and sat in the now empty seat.

"He realized it sooner than I expected." The game started in front of them and I was able to dodge a majority of the questions.

Sidney met up with us when the game was over. Our group walked down to the locker room and waited in the lounge.

"Braydon, aren't you glad auntie Anne is back?" Greta looked at him in my arms and he just let out a laugh. "Me too."

Kris was the first to walk out. He kissed Greta then looked at me. "It's a good thing you're back. I don't think I could deal with him moping around anymore."

"Holy shit Anne!" Max walked out next with Marc and Jordan. "Of course you would pull a Greta and not come back until you had a baby!" We all laughed and Vero slapped his arm.

"It's Braydon you idiot." Jordan came forward and grabbed the child out of arms.

"You guys going to come out tonight?" Marc asked.

I looked at Sid and he quickly shook his head, "Nah, I think we'll stay in." He wrapped his arm around my waist and we said our goodbyes.

We made our way through the halls and into the parking lot. Sid opened the passenger door for me, "Thank you." He waited for me to sit before shutting the door. He walked in front of the car to get to the other side, but something distracted me. Hanging from his rearview mirror was the necklace I hadn't seen him take off since I'd met him.

"Sid? Why is that in here?" I pointed to the chain.

He started the car to help us warm up. "Right before I went to Minneapolis I realized I needed to change how I looked at some things."

"That doesn't mean you have to stop wearing it." I unwrapped it from around the mirror.

"I know, but just because I don't wear it doesn't mean I care about it any less."

I looked at it for a few moments. It hadn't changed much. It looked a little faded, but maybe it was the lack of lighting around it. I took hold of the chain and placed it around my neck. The cross hung below my chest.

"That's where it belongs. The two things that I base my choices on. You and God."

I leaned across the center console and pressed a kiss to his lips. "Let's go home." he grabbed my left hand and kissed it quick before putting hands back on the wheel and driving us home.
♠ ♠ ♠
One left... I just want to hear some feeback from you guys, are you interested in a sequel? I have an idea for one, but I don't want to write it if no one is interested. Let me know your thoughts!