‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

It's the way we feel, yeah this is real.

Sidney and I had our hands full. We were both carrying a bowl of salad (his was spinach and strawberry, mine was a pasta mix). Our two kids were already in the door and finding places to sit at the already full table.

"Greta! Kris! We're here!" We both slipped off our shoes and made our way to the dining room.

"And the rest is history." Kris seemed to be wrapping up a story. He looked at Greta and she smiled back. Sid cleared his throat and the couple immediately came back into reality.

Greta stood up and gave me a hug. "We can put these in the kitchen." She grabbed the bowl from Sid. "Go ahead a dig in."

We walked into the kitchen and I placed the bowls around the others plates of food. "You know Patrick hasn't stopped talking about Natasha." I mentioned how my oldest son and her fourth child. "If I didn't know any better I'd say he has a crush on her."

"Natasha's been asking when you guys were going to come over. I thought she just missed you."

I laughed, "Patrick’s grade in science has been going up since he's been hanging out with her."

"Oh, I don't think Kris is going to be very thrilled about this." We shared a laugh and started back towards our families.

"So what was going on in there?"

"The kids just wanted to hear the story of how me and Kris met." We walked back into the dining room and all of the eyes were on me.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I turned to Sid.

"Tell us how you and dad met, mom," our oldest son Patrick called out.

I sat down next to Sidney and he put an arm around my shoulders. "Where to start?"

I smiled, "Well, it was late in the summer and I had just moved to Pittsburgh. You're Auntie Greta and Uncle Kris had just shown up at my new house..."
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to end it similar to "Fairytales & Lullabies" so this is what I came up with. Thank you so much to everyone who read, commented, and/or subscribed! I can't believe it's over and I wouldn't have kept posting chapters if it wasn't for you guys!

From the comments I have recieved, it looks like you guys want a sequel. I will be happy to write it as soon as the writer's block I have goes away. It might be a few months, but I promise to get a sequel out! Thanks again you guys!