‹ Prequel: Fairytales & Lullabies

Science & Faith

We're just trying to find some meaning

I was walking through the store with Greta. Braydon was in her arms almost asleep. "So, what should I do?"

She sighed and turned to me. "You know I can't make this decision for you." Greta went back to looking at the clothes in front of her.

"How about some advice? Didn't you go through something like this?" I looked at her. Her eyes were still focused on the blouses in front of here.

"If by 'this' you mean not choosing to kiss another guy, but he kissed you, I still wouldn't know what to tell you. You chose to be with both Charlie and Sid, so you have to choose which one to stay with." I walked past her to the jeans. She followed me. "I know they both care about you and I know you care about both of them. So now, it's just a matter of who you want more."

"I don't know." This was the truth. All these years of making pro/con lists and I still couldn't make a decision without them.

Charlie was sweet. He has the best interest at heart. He came all to Pittsburgh just so we didn't have to do the long distance thing. But he wasn't very organized. He doesn't give the space I need some days.

Okay, now Sidney. He always takes what we both want in to account. He would do anything for me. And I love him.

Wait, what? Love? No. I had no right to say that. We aren't even together. This wasn't love. Then, what was it?

"Greta," she stopped looking at the clothes and looked at me. "When did you know you loved Kris?"

She stood there for moment before a smile came across her face. "Remember when you came here for Thanksgiving a few years ago?" I nodded my head. "Then. He cared about me enough to sleep on the couch, but I wouldn't let him. We talked it through, and I just knew."

"So I should make them both sleep on the couch?" She laughed.

"Maybe not physically, but metaphorically speaking, yes." I smiled. This may be easier than I thought.

***

Sid sat in his stall before the game. His eyes were closed and he mumbled to himself. The Lords Prayer. Another crazy superstition. His parents had raised him in believing and he wasn't going to stop because of his career.

He finished up and opened his eyes. It was still early for the team to be ready. A few guys were relaxing before the game started in the locker room. Sid had been eliminated from the soccer kick around in the fist round. His mind was else where.

"Hey Captain," Tyler came up to him and sat in the stall next to him.

"What’s up?" The guys usually left him alone before a game in fear of interrupting his routine.

"This wasn't my idea," starting sentence off with those words scared Sid. Especially coming from Tyler. "The guys just wanted to make sure you're okay. You've seemed kind of...distant."

Sidney leaned his head against the wall. "Just some stuff on my mind." Tyler looked at him for more information. "Anne."

"I knew it! Talbo, you owe me twenty!" Sid shook his head. "But seriously, if she's got you so distracted why would you want her around?" Sid stayed quiet and Tyler left him to get ready.

He had a point. She wasn't supposed be a distraction. He needed to focus. There was no more time to wonder if she was going to choose him. After tonight, Sidney Crosby was single and ready to mingle.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm leaving for college tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to update again on Thursday! Who do you think Anne's going to choose?