Status: New. Give it a chance?

Not Everyone Gets Prince Charming

The Important Things

Laura's POV:

My eyes were the size of saucers. Ronnie jumped over the couch, and ran up the stairs. I heard my bedroom door shut just as two girls entered the room.

"Hey," I waved awkwardly.

"Hello again!" Saskia greeted with a wide smile, which made me smile a genuine smile.

"Hi, I'm Mandy," the other one spoke. She was very pretty, and the same height as me. Her eyes were blue, and she had black hair and heavy make up. I could get to like her.

"Laura," I greeted. She nodded

"Where's Ronnie?" She asked

"Here I am!" Ronnie said, walking down the stairs. Why? I still don't know. He should've just hid up there. He's so stupid.

"Hey baby!" Mandy gushed, going to hug him. He shied away and put his hand to his neck, sneakily hiding the hickeys.

"I'm not feeling too good. And I have some shit to take care of. I'll call you later though," he nodded at her

"Mkhay babe," she said. She leaned up to kiss him and he spun away, almost causing her to fall. I held back a snicker. Max just flat out laughed.

"Bye!" Ronnie said quickly, slipping out the door before Mandy could object.

"Weird," Saskia shrugged.

"Yeah," Mandy pouted.

"Let's go out somewhere. Laura's mom is sleeping upstairs," Max said. Smart boy. Well, no. Nevermind. It's his fault we're even in this situation.

"Sounds good. Where to Maxi Pad?" I asked, thankful to get off the subject of the boy that just ran out..

"Mall?" He offered. We all agreed

"Let me go get dressed, then we can head out," I said. Everyone agreed and I went upstairs. I opened my door and quickly got dressed. I chose a pair of plain blue skinnies, and a baggy tank top that said 'Dead girls can't say no' and a pair of solid black vans. I got the feeling I'd be skating today. I applied some thin eyeliner and mascara. I put on lip gloss and a headband before turning everything off and grabbing my messenger bag.I walked down the stairs to find everyone near the door, ready to go.

"Finally. I was about to go get you," Saskia smiled.

"Sorry, couldn't find my goddamn shoe," I laughed

"Well let's go!" Mandy said. Just for show I yelled up the stairs

"BYE MOM!" and slammed the door. We walked down the stairs and to Max's car. We drove to the mall, the only noise coming from Iron Maiden blasting through the speakers. I took the chance to shoot my mom a text, letting her know I went to the mall.

"Who you texting?" Mandy asked suddenly from beside me, causing me to jump. She laughed.

"Probably whoever gave her those hickeys," Saskia giggled.

"Oooh. Who was it? It happened last night, didn't it?" Mandy gushed. Oh god.

"Yeah..." I trailed off. The girls squeaked.

"Do we know him?" Mandy pressed

"I think so," I said.

"Is he a part of the group?" Saskia asked

"What group?" I asked

"Our group. You know, us and the boys," Mandy answered, gesturing to each of us.

"I'm in the group now?" I asked

"Duh," Saskia rolled her eyes, and we all laughed at her.

"Right. Well in that case, yeah. He's in our group," I nodded

"Name!" Mandy and Saskia demanded at the same time. I laughed

"I don't think I should say. Not until I talk to him about it," I half lied. It was more of an omission than anything.

"Understandable," Mandy shrugged. At that point we'd pulled up at the mall and climbed out the car. Max went to the trunk and pulled out two skateboards and a long board.

"The long board is mine," Saskia grinned as she took it. I giggled, of course it was hers. Long boards scream badass, and I admit. Saskia is badass.

"This is mine," Max. Said lifting out a board with a ton of band stickers on the deck. He would. "And you can use this one," he said, handing me a new board with a random logo on it. It had nice new wheels though.

"What about Mandy?" I asked

"Please. Skateboarding? In these shoes?" I laughed when I looked at her feet. She had cowboy boots on.

"Right," I nodded and took the board from Max. He closed the trunk and locked up his car. We walked to the front of the mall. Mandy and Saskia walked a bit in front of us, so Max took the chance to whisper to me

"I hope you know they aren't just gonna drop the whole hickey thing," he said. I mentally face palmed. Of course they wouldn't.

"I'll get one of the guys to lie for me," I said. He nodded

"Good idea," he said

"What's a good idea?" Mandy asked. Suddenly much closer than she had been. Sneaky thing she is.

"That we skate over there," Max said, pointing to a nice area outside what I guessed was the food court. I wouldn't know. This is the first time I'd been to this mall. Mandy nodded and caught back up with Saskia.

***************

"Mom?" I called as I walked into the apartment. No answer. No surprise.

I threw down my bag and collapsed on the couch. I was dead tired.

After an hour of boarding mall cops came out and told us it was a no skate zone. Max then proceeded to moon them, and tell them to put their mouths on a particular appendage. They got annoyed and threatened to call our parents. He then said, and I quote 'Why don't you call your mom, considering I was with her all night. Oh, wait. She might be too tired to pick up the phone,' and that's when they started chasing us. So yeah, because of Max I had to run home. We actually split up at the park, so I have no idea if the others are okay.

And quite honestly, I don't care. Call me whatever, but I've actually got more to worry about than whether or not three idiot teenagers made it out okay. I did, and that's all I really care about at the moment. I kicked off my shoes and passed out on the couch.

***************

I awoke to the sound of my door slamming. I sat up and let my eyes adjust to the darkness. I saw my mom trying to sneak in quietly, and totally failing.

"Mom?" I asked. I saw her silhouette stiffen.

"Hey baby," she slurred. I rolled my eyes. Good thing it's dark, that usually would've received a backhand.

"I'll help you upstairs," I said, grabbing her purse and supporting one of her shoulders.

After much stopping and a lot of work I managed to get her up to her room. As soon as she hit the pillow she was out cold. I turned her on her side, placed a trashcan by her bed, and set out aspirin and a water bottle I pulled a pen and paper out her nightstand and wrote a note

'Dear Mom,
I put you to bed, and walked to my friend's house. I'll just spend thee night there and go to school tomorrow. Have a good day.
-Love Laura's

I closed the pen and placed the note next to the pills. I walked to my room and grabbed my backpack. I also grabbed an overnight bag and left. I had no where to go, so I just wondered to the park.

Yes. I'm stupid for lying to her, and leaving without a place to go. Oh well. I couldn't stay there and listen to her puke up her problems. She's killing herself, and I'm so tired of watching her do that to herself.

I walked down the street, pulling my hoodie close and checking my phone every three seconds. For what? I'm not sure. My bags started getting heavy, and being the fatass I am I needed to find a place to sit. I went to the only place I knew, the park. Funny, I've only been here three days and I'm already making safehouses. Too bad I'll leave this place, just like all the others. Only bad part?

I actually have people to lose this time around.

I found my rightful place on a swing, and threw down my bags. I closed my eyes and swung back and forth slowly. It was warm for a September night, but the breeze that swept through my hair caused me to shiver. What I wouldn't do for a cigarrette right now.

"McFaullen?" My eyes snapped open at the voice. I relaxed a bit, seeing it was Max. But not completely, I was really hoping to be alone right now.

"Hey," I smiled half heartedly. He just nodded and took the swing next to me.

"Want one?" he offered a death stick to me, and I gladly accepted, letting him light it. I took a long drag and exhaled. He did the same before speaking

"Trouble at home?" he asked

"No. Just needed some air," I lied, and he caught on.

"Yeah. Cuz I bring my backpack and overnight bag when I need some air too," he rolled his eyes at me.

"My mom is so drunk, she doesn't know up from down," I sighed

"My step-dad tried to get into with me. I left," he shrugged. I nodded. We sat there in silence for a while. It was nice.

"Max?" I asked him

"Hmmm?" he replied, his eyes still fixed on the sky. Only a few stars were out, but it was still glorious.

"Ever feel like.... your fate was just, I don't know. Wrong?" I asked. He glanced away from the sky and looked at me. I'm not sure why, but I actually got nervous at his eye contact.

"All the time. Like, whoever designed it, just made mistake after mistake," he nodded.

"Exactly. I just, I feel like if this is my fate, I'm going to escape it," I looked away from him and back to the stars.

That's right. I'm going to start living life for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Corny ending. But I totally love it. Sorry I've been late on updates. Grounded and all that jazz. But I'm getting it together. Feedback would be lovely xD
~Love, Hugs, and Other Drugs~
~Tayleyy