Status: New. Give it a chance?

Not Everyone Gets Prince Charming

Go Against the Crowd

Laura's POV:

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing?" The girl, Lauren I think, walked over to me.

"Thank you," I smiled awkwardly and avoided eye contact as she got closer.

"A little awkward, but pretty none the less," she giggled, twirling a piece of my hair. I wanted to whimper, but instead I looked up at her, smiled sweetly and said,

"You're pretty gorgeous yourself," she seemed pleased by this because she dropped my hair and strutted away. That's right, strutted.

'Cuz you know, girls like Lauren don't walk. They strut. Nina followed behind her closely, shooting me a smile as she trotted past.

"Guess they like you?" Andy whispered, suddenly appearing behind me. I jumped a bit before turning and giving him a helpless look

"I guess so..." I shrugged before walking into the house. Because, you know. I'm not a Lauren. I'm a Laura. And I walk.

"Welcome!!" Craig greeted me as I walked through the creeky door of the cottage. My jaw pretty much hit the floor. They had strung multi colored Christmas lights through the place. The floor was nice and clean, there was a sterio set up, food, and random streamers. But it looked pretty badass.

"Good work guys!" I smiled, looking around the room.

"Why thank you love," Kellin said, ruffling my hair. I swatted his hand away and fixed it.

"Yeah, not too bad hot stuff," I looked over and saw Lauren standing there. She winked at Kellin, even that small action made her look like a porn star.

Is it terrible that I kinda want to befriend her? I mean, she's pretty, she's popular, and it wouldn't hurt that bad. Right? Lauren walked into the next room, which Craig took as the oppurtunity to say something.

"Looks like Kellin could be visiting the Promised Land tonight," he chuckled when Kellin smacked him.

"Shut up," he mumbled, but he was blushing. You see? No matter how much they talk about her they all want her. I don't blame them.

"I just heard another car," Ronnie announced. To which Saskia squealed in joy and ran out the house. We heard screaming from outside, to which everyone just rolled their eyes at. I waited for Saskia to walk back in, but when she didn't I decided to make my move. I walked over to Lauren who was now at the 'punch' bowl. Well I guess technically it was still just punch. It hadn't been spiked yet. As a matter of fact the alcohol was still in Max's car.

"Hey," Lauren smiled as she saw me approaching.

"What's up?" I asked, as I leaned against the table next to her.

"Waiting for this party to actually start," she giggled, and I couldn't help but join in.

"I know, huh? I think we're waiting for Saskia to bring her friends in or something," I shrugged, trying to seem indifferent. It worked

"She needs to hurry the fuck up! Come on, we'll go see what's taking her so long," she said, grabbing my hand and dragging me out the front door. Andy looked at me odd as she dragged me about, I looked over my shoulder at him and sent a 'I don't fucking know' face. To which he smiled at.

"Hey!" Lauren shouted at the group of girls standing right outside the door. Two of them were smoking, with Ronnie while Saskia and two others were talking. There were also two girls still in a car.

Lovely.

"Get your hot asses in here so the party can start!" Lauren shouted, and I smiled as the girls rolled their eyes but smiled.

Highschool girls are good at hiding what they actually feel.

"Oh my," I let the lame, timid little girl slip through my exterior as everyone walked past me. I felt like I was the only human in a room full of Barbies. Every last one of the girls was drop dead gorgeous. I immediately became self consious.

"Don't worry sweetheart, you're prettier than half those girls," Lauren smiled at me, not forgetting to add her porn star wink before she pulled me into the house after everyone.

"Do you mind if I speak to her for a sec," Saskia asked Lauren. Lauren nodded and let go of me before pretty girl striding over to Kellin.

Guess he really is visiting the Promised Land tonight. Kinda sucks because he was on my 'he's attractive, maybe I coud date him,' list. But it's cool. There were at least five others on that list too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada. Yeah, I hate me for the lateness and shit ness. But I'm not even supposed to be on the Internet, but I love you guys enough to risk it :3 Hope you enjoy, and I'll be back soon.