Status: Active c:

I Hate Everything About You

Six

“How was your date last night?” My mom asked as she flipped a pancake over the hot stove.

“Mom, it wasn’t a date.” I laughed. “But I had fun.”

“Your face doesn’t look like you had fun.” She observed.

“No, I did.” I sighed, trying to figure out how to explain it. “It’s just like it seems that something wasn’t right. I don’t know,” I rubbed my eyes, pushing the tired out of them.

“That’s alright; I’m always here to talk when you figure it out.” She smiled, placing a plate of pancakes in front of me and passing me my favorite blueberry syrup that only I ate.

“Thanks mom.” I smiled gratefully and ate my breakfast.

****


“Look over there,” Lacey almost moaned, pointing in the direction of the parking lot. We had made it to school rather early today and had decided to just sit at the picnic tables near the lot to waste time.

I turned my head and saw a curly brown head poke out of the driver’s side of a flashy sports car I couldn’t name, followed by a never ending torso covered with a blue plaid button up shirt rolled to his elbows and lengthy legs clad in tight jeans.

I rolled my eyes, taking a sip of the apple juice I had brought with me. She just stared, mesmerized by his face. He was talking to one of his friends that had met him at his car, laughing loud enough that I could hear it from where I was sitting.

“Stop staring,” I groaned, slapping her hand.

“But he is so sexy,” She frowned, whipping her head back around to look at me. “You don’t think so?”

“Um,” I started.

“Lacey, Natalie!” I heard being called from behind me. I recognized the voice immediately, a small
smile forming across my lips at the sound.

“Hey, Gage!” I smiled as he scooted in next to me on the bench. His elbow touched mine, and I pulled it away unnoticeably, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

Lacey had turned around as resumed her creeping, peering at Harry through the crowd. His mop of hair was prominent, it was hard not to find him.

He started making his way towards us, and when she noticed he was walking our way she turned around again quickly, trying to make it look like she wasn’t a total stalker.

“Hey guys,” He said, his husky voice giving me chills.

“Hey man!” Gage smiled, reaching up to fist bump with Harry. “What’s up?”

“Not much,” He smirked, looking down at the very open spot next to Lacey, her face bright red.

“You mind if I sit here?” He asked, lightly touching Lacey’s shoulder. Her body tensed at his slight touch and she nodded sharply, trying to compose herself.

He just chuckled and swung his leg around, sitting down next to her and folding his hands in front of him. I pulled out my phone and checked every social site I had, reblogging on tumblr and retweeting on twitter. Gage and Harry were having some small talk I was paying no attention to, while I’m sure Lacey was slowly dying from the mere inches between her and Harry.

“How’s that sound, Natalie?” Harry asked, pulling me into the conversation I had no part in.

“What’d you say?” I asked, not looking up from my phone.

“Gage and I were just talking about throwing a party. You know - a beginning of the year sort of
thing.” He smiled, looking innocent.

I nodded; acting like the sound of his voice didn’t make me want to stab myself with a pencil. “Sounds like fun,”

The bell rung eventually, signaling us to make our way to the first class of the day.

Every period all I could think was what Harry was up to. Did he actually change, or was he just trying to start his antics all over again? Did he enjoy messing with me that much that he’d carry it on through junior year? Through the rest of high school?
Did he really change? Why was I giving it so much thought?

Why did it actually matter to me if he did change?

****


I plopped in my bed when I got home from school and decided to Skype Hannah when my phone buzzed with a text from Gage.


So Harry and I decided we’d throw a party at his house this weekend, you coming?

That sounds like fun!

So you’ll definitely come?

Wouldn’t miss it! :)

Alright! I’ll draw you some directions to his house tomorrow, it’ll be Saturday night so we’ve got a lot to plan, ahaha.

Do you need some help?

Oh, no! We should be fine, just so long as you show up!

Okay, let me know if you guys need any help!

I’ve gotta go help my dad do some lawn work before it gets late; I’ll text you later, alright?

No problem! Have fun :)


“You’re texting a guy?” Hannah asked incredulously.

“You act like no one talks to me, Han.” I laughed, rolling my eyes.

“Is he hot?” She ignored my statement, leaning forwards towards the camera.

“Like really hot, Hannah.” I laughed, nodding and grinning like an idiot.

“I need to see him, pronto!” She exclaimed. I told her his full name and she searched him on
Facebook, finding him easily.

“He is so hot, oh my god, Natalie!” She covered her mouth with her hand in shock.

“I know,” I laughed.

Her face turned serious and I knew what she’d say. We still hadn’t talked about Harry.

“What’s going on with him?” She said. She didn’t have to say his name; I knew she was talking
about Harry from the tone of her voice.

Hannah had always been the one to try to help me against Harry, whenever she saw him try to
pull me away from the crowd or lean in to whisper something in my ear she was there, pulling me away before more of my self-esteem was shattered.

“He told me that he wants to start over.” I looked at her solemnly. “He wants to pretend nothing ever happened. He said he changed.”

“Are you fucking kidding me?” Her face dropped and her eyes narrowed.

“Not kidding you in the least.” I frowned.

“You’re not going to accept, are you!?” She hollered.

“No! Of course not! I already told him no.”

Then I told her about the incident at the restaurant, which her eyebrows knitted together and she took a minute to think about the situation. She looked as though this last bit of information has shifted her resolve.

“Do you think he changed?” She asked, frowning through the webcam.

“I have no idea. Should I give him a chance?” I asked, the walls I’d built to protect myself from
him already somewhat lowering from just considering it.

“I don’t know, Nat.” She answered truthfully.

I then told her about the party Gage invited me to, and she nodded. “I definitely think you should
go. There will be a lot of people there, and if you’re with Lacey there’s no way he’ll pull you away from her to bother you.” Her point made sense, but I was sure there would be drinking at this party and Lacey was the type to drink, so I didn’t know how good that plan would actually hold up.
I shrugged, agreeing easily. “I already told Gage I would go so I have to, anyway.”

Hannah smiled widely, perking back up. “I hope you guys make out.” She giggled.

“Goodbye, Hannah.” I laughed, shaking my head at her.

“Text me later!” She called before I ended the call and shut my laptop, laying back into bed and thinking about everything that had been going on lately.

I really didn’t want to be dramatic about everything, but I needed to decide what I wanted to do in the Harry situation.

I was leaning way too much towards the ‘let’s start over’ option.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
One thing before i say anything!
I went back and changed Natalie and the rest of them from being sophomores to being juniors. It really bugged me that i had done it that way when they were actually 17 and being sophomores just didn't make any sense, lol.
So just remember that they're juniors, not sophomores!

Okay, this one is kind of a boring filler, but there is some important parts in there haha.
Lemme know what you think!!!!