Status: Finally started writing this again.

Set In Motion

In a second the wind starts picking up and the air is charged with electricity. So that was thunder I heard. I mean where I live it’s pretty dry but we do get bad rain storms without any notice. I turn to tell Nicole about the flash storm happening outside when I hear a giant BOOM and someone starts screaming. I look back out the window and see the safety tree being ripped out of the earth by the winds. It seems impossible that I was just underneath it a minute ago.

Then a hole the size of our school opens up in the field. It looks so deep and it keeps expanding... toward us! It takes me a while to get this but when I do I don't think of running.

I watch cars fall into the growing hole, watch as people outside are scrambling to get out of its way but failing and getting sucked in. Somewhere, someone, I think it's Sam, screams my name but I don't answer. I don’t turn around or try to run, or do anything.

            Time has slowed to a crawl. I know I'm in shock, that I need to get up and run away but I just can't. I think about all the warnings, my gut feeling, that guy telling Nicole and Sam to be careful, and I know I'm going to regret ignoring them. Then the window explodes and I black out.