A Vlogger's Love Story

Chapter 8 - I Really Need to Start Drinking

I was scrolling through tumblr and realized that I had two hours to get ready for the party to celebrate Dasha's and Toby's achievements. I was really excited to go because most of the youtubers that I met at vidcon, which is where fans can meet youtubers, were going to be at the party to celebrate Toby's tv show role. Dasha also invited all the boys from one direction so I could see Liam and Harry…I mean Liam.

I got off the couch in our living room and headed to my closet. I didn't want to pick anything that would standout to much, so I picked out a one sleeved short black dress. I paired it with black wedges and threw it on my bed. I went into my bathroom and turned on the shower to cold. The reason I put it on cold is because right when Toby dropped me off I looked into the mirror and realized my hair was boring. So I left the apartment, found a hairdresser and asked for pink highlights. I do things like this a lot because I get bored of things really quickly, especially my hair. Unfortunately, the hairdresser told me I had to take cold showers if I wanted the pink to stay nice.

I got out of the shower pretty quickly and wrapped a towel around my hair and another one around my body. I went into my room and put on a bra and underwear. I decided there was enough time to paint my nails, so I picked out a pink colour to match my hair and started to apply it. Suddenly Dasha burst into the apartment, she probably just came from a date with louis. She came into my room with no warning and a smile on her face.

"Louis kissed me!" I guess I was right about the date.

"That's amazing babe! It's about time though right? It was kind of inevitable." I blew on my nails while Dasha danced around my room.

"I know eh? God, now I'm so horny." Oh wow. I started laughing while attempting not to ruin my nails.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready Russian?" Dasha's eyes became wide while she looked at the time.

"Oh crap ya!"

"I guess you being horny made you lose track of time." Dasha gave me the finger and ran to her room.
________________________________________________________

After I got dressed and blow dryed and straightened my hair. I put on some foundation, heavy black eyeliner and lip gloss. I could've put on mascara but my eyelashes are already quite black and long. I walked out into the kitchen to see Dasha already there drinking some water. Dasha turned around and choked on her water.

"Jesus, Emily. Can you warn me when you do these drastic things to your hair? I may die next time." I laughed at her reaction.

"Does it look bad?" I honestly didn't care if she didn't like it but it's nice to have someone's opinion.

"Nah, It's hot!" I pretend to pose like a model and I received a laugh from Dasha.

"Well you ready to go? Oh and who's not drinking tonight?" Dasha knew the answer but I decided to answer anyways.

"Don't worry, I'll drive tonight." I don't usually drink anyway, Dasha definitely does. I stopped drinking a lot after the first time I got drunk… I don't want to talk about it.

"Oh, good. This Russian needs to drink!"
_______________________________________________________

We arrived at the club half an hour late because we're not used to the traffic in L.A. We went to the front of the line and told the bouncer our names. He called somebody else and they lead us to the private room at the back of the club. Dasha left my side and probably went to find Louis and I proceeded to look for anyone I recognized. Suddenly I was hugged from behind and turned around to know exactly who it was.

"Liam! We haven't hung out for like a week!" He smiled more than normal and nodded in agreement to my statement.

"What are you so happy about?" His smile got even bigger if that was even possible.

"My girlfriend, Danielle., is coming to visit in L.A tomorrow. I'm picking her up tomorrow morning."

"Oh my goodness! That's great! Why didn't you say anything earlier?"

"I didn't know she was coming! She texted me a few hours ago and told me." I smiled and gave him a hug. Over his shoulder I could see Toby walking in and looking for me. I called his name and he came over. He came over and looked me up and down.

"Wow, Emily you look amazing! I love the hair too!" I smiled.

"Your Toby right? We met at the coffee shop remember?" I totally forgot that Liam met Toby at the coffee shop, now that I think about it Harry met Toby at the coffee shop too. Why did he say he didn't know who he was when he was with Jessi?

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that. It's nice to see you again!" Toby give me a kiss on the cheek and I think Liam realized that we were dating and he frowned for a split second then regained his smile.

"Well, I'll see you guys around later okay!" We both waved at Liam when he proceeded to walk around the club. Toby turned me around and put his mouth beside my ear.

"You look really hot" I shivered at his breath on his ear and copied him by putting my mouth to his ear.

"You look alright." He laughed and pushed me closer to him when we both hear a cough beside us. We turn to see Harry and Jessi hip to hip.

"Hey Emily" He gave a little smile and my heart melted a little. Why do I always sound like a romantic novel my mom would read around Harry?

"I'm going to talk to some friends, I'll see you later" Suddenly Toby wasn't at my side anymore. Was he angry? I saw Harry give a little smirk at Toby leaving and it pissed me off.

"I'll see you guys later." I mumbled walking away from Harry and Jessi.

I started to socialize with some youtubers I've never met when somebody taps me on the shoulder. He looked familiar.

"Hey Emily! It's Chester! We met at vidcon." Oh, I remember, Chester See is a musician and comedian on youtube. I actually really admire his stuff.

"Chester! It's so nice to see you again. It's been awhile, eh?" Chester nodded in agreement and we started small talk. When our conversation came to youtube, Chester remembered something he wanted to ask me.

"Oh Emily! I was wondering if you could dance in a music video i'm making!" I smiled at the idea, that sounds like a lot of fun.

"That sounds amazing! but I don't want to make any promises until i know my schedule." One of of the rudest things you can do to a youtuber is to either reschedule or cancel your plans so I wasn't taking any chances.

"No problem! Just message me on twitter or something if you can. We'll be filming in two weeks. I'm going to go look for my friends. I'll talk to you later alright?" He came in for a hug. Halfway through the hug I was pulled away by a quite large warm hand.

"Hey! What the hell?" Before I could realize who it was I was pulled toward the corner of the club and was turned around. I looked up to see Harry staring at me with angry eyes.

"How old is that guy that you were talking to?"

"Chester? He's like thirty. Why? Harry's eyes became wide and even more angry then before.

"Thirty?! Thirty?! God that's worse then twenty seven." I realized he was talking about Toby.

"Why do you care how old Toby is? And I wasn't flirting with Chester we were just talking about making a video." Harry eyes softened a little, but I could tell they were pretty foggy and that's when I realized Harry was pretty drunk.

"I just don't want anybody to take advantage of you." I became a little less angry but became even more angry then before when I realized something.

"I can take care of myself. And now that I think about it, there has been only two people who've taken advantage of me and they were both my age and one is standing right in front of me." I pushed past him and went to go sit at the bar. God, I wish I could drink right now. I asked for some water and turned to the dance floor. I made eye contact with Dasha. I think she realized I was distraught because she excused herself from Louis and came and sat beside me.

"Not having fun?" I sighed and remembered it was Dasha's party, I needed to be happy for her. I took a deep breath and put a smile on my face.

"No! I'm having balls of fun! Just had a little head ache but it's gone now! Lets go dance." I dragged Dasha to the dance floor and started to sway my hips. I spotted Harry dancing with Jessi but staring straight at me. I turned away quickly and looked around for Toby. I finally saw him staring at me then at Harry with a sad look on his face. I was about to see what was going on when he started talking to Shane Dawson, another youtuber so I didn't bother. Suddenly the song changed and a kesha song came on. I've never really heard the song so I decided not to hate it right away. I started dancing and listening to the lyrics.

I think you got the best of me,
Your sleeping with the enemy,
You left me all alone.

Suddenly the lyrics seemed to make me think back to when I was 16 and I bit my lip.

I'm sick and tired of the mess you made me,
Your never going to catch me cry,
You must be blind if you can't see you'll miss me till the day you die.

I couldn't help but think of the first time I went to the party and got drunk. I had a boyfriend at the time, Campbell, and I was head over heels for him. What can I say? I was sixteen. My best friends at the time Dasha and Colleen also came to the party. I'm quite the light weight, so I was drunk by an hour in. Even though I was drunk my memory isn't foggy, which isn't a good thing. I was in the living room when Campbell came and brought me upstairs. We started making out and then we had sex, my first time actually.. I was drunk but I didn't regret it. Well at least at that point I didn't. Apparently after we slept together, I fell asleep. I woke up an hour later and walked out of the room. I called Campbell's phone to find him because the party we were at was pretty big and I heard his phone in the other room. So I went to the door and opened it. He was sleeping with someone, he was sleeping with Colleen. He slept with me and then he slept with my best friend an hour later. I was disgusted and felt so used. I never forgave them for that and always felt that I was taken advantage of and it me feel sick.

I trusted you,
You were the first,
and then you lied and it gets worse,

The memory was too much to handle. I needed some air. I stopped dancing and practically ran out of the club. I leaned my head on the wall and started to breathe quickly on the verge of crying. I felt a hand on my back and felt instantly at ease. Harry turned me around and hugged me and I started to calm down.

"Emily, what's wrong?" For some reason he must've sobered up since the last time I had seen him because his eyes were clear and full of concern. I told him, not having enough energy to argue. When I told him he stiffened beside me and hugged me tighter.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

"It's okay, you had nothing to do with it." He pulled me out of the hug and looked me straight in the eyes. I could feel him shaking beside me. It wasn't cold outside, was he as nervous as I was?

"Emily, I'm scared because I'm falling for you and-" We were cut off again for like the millionth time by Jessi walking outside and asking Harry to come back inside. I gestured for him to go after her. Before he left I stopped him to ask a question.

'When I introduced you to Toby, when I met Jessi. Why didn't you remind me that you met him at the coffee shop?" He looked me straight in the eyes.

"Because I don't want to remember him, he's in my way." He then went into the club before I could register what he said. I knew I was falling for Harry, I need to stop telling myself I don't have feelings for him. The question is does Harry actually like me or is he just drunk? If he liked me why hasn't he broken up with Jessi? No, I need to forget my feelings for him, we're not even together and we already have drama. I don't do well with drama, that's Dasha's job. Everything is so easy with Toby. I stopped daydreaming when I realized Toby was at least ten feet away leaning on the wall looking at me.

"How long have you been there?" I walked over to him and leaned on the wall beside him.

"Since you left the club. I was here when Harry was here you just didn't notice me." I realized he sounded defeated.

"Toby, I don't want Harry okay?" He turned toward me.

"Emily, be honest with me." I shrunk at his voice.

"But..Everything is so easy with you…" He realized what I meant and sighed.

"Just because it's easy doesn't mean it's what you want. I see the way you look at him. I see the way he looks at you. Listen, Emily. I think we should stop seeing each other. Maybe, finally, you'll realize that I'm way cooler then Harry." I laughed and punched him in the shoulder.

"Don't worry, you already are…I'm really sorry." He nodded and went back into the club. I suddenly felt alone. Right on cue Dasha walked out of the club.

"EM! I'M TIRED!" Dasha started walking towards the car. There's rare moments in time when Dasha is a cranky drunk and of course with my luck, today is one of those days.

I drove home with Dasha complaining beside me about everything she could think of. We got back to the apartment and I just took off my shoes and got in bed. I sighed and thought about the events of tonight. I should really start drinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter will be up either tomorow or the day after but trust me it's a good one :)

much love xx