Status: hiatus

I Can't Believe I Fell for This

Enchanting

The party was stale and boring. It was what Taylor Swift would expect from a sixty year old, not Demi Lovato. Demi was a wild child and Taylor had never expected her friends to actually be done for something boring as this. Part of Taylor wished she had stay home with her cat. Demi's friends were interesting, but she was honestly a little off put by how loud they actually were. Maybe it wouldn't turn out so boring after all, though the blond singer as she noticed a fairly attractive man in the corner. A bit of scruff and brown eyes. Not her usual type but Taylor was bored enough to try it on for size.

Charm was something that Taylor always lacked in yet she found herself wanting to try not being Taylor Swift for once. Maybe it was the fact it was Demi's friends reminding her exactly how immature she could be. "Hi. I'm Taylor Swift."

The words were clumsily delivered and reeked of someone who hadn't really though up a pick-up line. How mortifying. Taylor wasn't the usual flirty type but at least she sounded like she had her head screwed on right. To her surprise, the scruffy guy only laughed. "Yeah, I think everyone here knows who you are. The problem is, you don't know who I am."

Taylor was a bit miffed. The least he could do was tell her his name. "Yeah, no really? I thought I was a mind reader."

The guy raised a very bushy eyebrow. Part of her wondered if he had ever heard of a pair of tweezers. She badly wanted to introduce him to a pair as of now, just as a chance to wipe the smug grin off his face. Never before had anyone had the gale to be so rude to her. "I sure hope you aren't a mind reader. You'd get at least three new songs about how much guys suck out of me."

Taylor snorted. "I've got enough material for a new song right now and I don't even know your name."

He snorted as he took a swig of whatever it was he was drinking. The blond wondered if it was beer and it was the reason his hair was so damn pink. It was a shame that his hair was pink. She bet it'd look much better natural. "Alex. Alex Gaskarth. Pranked your girl Demi over there."

An eyebrow popped up in shock. Demi never mentioned that Alex was so... toned and good looking. Rugged, but cute. She knew bits and pieces about the guys from All Time Low. She also knew that he was one hundred percent off limits. Demi told her all about her crush on him and Taylor was not a manstealer. "Oh. Right. You went and punked her. Good on you."

Her voice had gone flat. She was disappointed that this was Alex and not someone who she could possibly find unattractive. He arched an eyebrow. "What up with the sudden flat tone?"

She hadn't expected him to pick up. Demi told her that he was a bit of an airhead. Maybe he was smarter than Demi gave him credit for. Yet she didn't want to tell the man that she came over because he was hot. "I-I just ran out of juice is all. I... er, better get some more."

Stumbling over her words, Taylor Swift made the least graceful exit from a party, unaware that Alex was getting her numbered from another friend of hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
urgh this is awful but uh hang in?