Status: hiatus

I Can't Believe I Fell for This

Riot

A ringing. Taylor was confused upon seeing the unknown caller across her phone's screen. She answered with a curious, "Hello?"

She almost growled when she heard the other voice on the end of the line. She hissed, "What the heck do you think you're doing calling me? There's a reason I didn't give you my number, you know!"

She paused on her tirade to listen to him, to hear him out. She didn't understand why she was even bothering to hear him out. She never gave anyone else a chance so why should she give someone she didn't even a know a chance? Maybe it was a sign she was growing as a person. "Fine. I'll give you a chance tonight. Screw up once and I walk."

She paused again, before ordering, "Eight o'clock sharp. Minute late and it's all off."

---------

Taylor was not expecting Alex to actually be on time for their plans. She was expecting disappointment and he was determined to not let her have it. Part of her wondered if he was doing this on purpose. That he was luring her to trust him just so he can break her heart like every other guy. He'd broken other hearts. He didn't even seem to realize that he was breaking Demi's heart. "Congrats. You can be on time," came her sarcastic response to his smug grin.

That smug grin. The one that made Taylor confused if she wanted to punch him in the face or kiss him desperately. Like every other girl he's come across, she thought with bitterness. Every other girl he had on his arm. "Hey, you're giving me just one shot to get it right. This is the first time I've ever been on time."

Maybe he exuded some sort of drug that made girls fall all over him, she thought absently as she got in his car. That would explain her delusions that maybe he was a nice guy after all. "First for everything I guess."

It was almost a shock to look at his CD collection. Blink 182 and Sublime she had expect to see, but never Miley Cyrus. She almost burst out laughing at the Can't Be Tamed CD in her hands. She turned to him with a small smirk on her face. "From Blink to... my homegirl Miley? You have got to be kidding me."

Alex shrugged. "Her music's pretty awesome. Don't you know that pop music is the best?"

She snorted, before realizing he had actually managed to make her laugh. Ridiculous, she thought. She was actually starting to have fun on a date with someone who wore bandannas and beanies and dyed his hair pink. "I've heard rumors," she deadpanned.

He almost looked relatively at ease. She wished she felt as at ease as he looked. Maybe that was a secret that Demi had picked up from them. How to look so at ease even when she didn't feel just right. Or maybe it'd be so long since she'd been out with a guy that just wanted to be with her and not the superstar. Maybe he was what she was looking for.

She wasn't sure how the two of them made it to the restaurant alive. She screamed at him twice to slow down and she was a bit disgruntled... but at the same time it was also the first time she'd ever been reckless with anyone. "You could have killed us."

He shrugged it off, as if he heard that all the time. Then again, considering his driving skills, she thought as he led her into the restaurant. Greasy, slimy looking food was what they offered. Could it even be classified as food? Taylor didn't know. It was also something no one had ever offered her before in her life. "Welcome to the food of the average band kid!"

Alex sounded so proud of himself that Taylor didn't have the heart to inform him he was eating regurgitated platypus food. At least, that was what Taylor had identified it as. She could be wrong. It could be deer vomit. "Looks... yummy."

She wasn't sure how the night went after that. It was a blur of jokes and him making inappropriate jokes. Most of what he said were things that no guy had dared to tell her. Every single thing he did was almost fascinating in a way that was different from every other guy. Every other guy played it safe. Alex didn't. He crossed lines. He made jokes about things that most people tried to shield Taylor from. He paid for gross food that made Taylor a little sick to think of ingesting. And yet... at her doorstep... she found herself blurtering out, "So are we gonna do this again?"

He raised one of those bushy eyebrows that she could almost grow attached to. "Yeah. I'll call you."
♠ ♠ ♠
vromp this is eh-ish