Status: hiatus

I Can't Believe I Fell for This

Timebomb

Three weeks since the wedding of Cassadee Pope and Rian Dawson. Three weeks since Taylor Swift had realized that Alex Gaskarth was grabbing her by her heart. It had been two years since she had given her heart away. Maybe it was time she tried love again, tried on the feeling she had missed from her life. At twenty-two, there was still so much in her life she had to do. Her heart hammered as her publicist had kicked in her door. So lost in thought that she had forgotten she was a world-famous superstar. Lost in thoughts of Alex Gaskarth to the point where she had forgotten that she had things to do.

Her publicist's crazed eyes were accompanied by her usual shriek. "Taylor Alison Swift! You were supposed to be on a plane to Los Angeles two hours ago!"

The yelling was always enough to make her feel like she should fly the walls back up. She spluttered, "I'm sorry. I forgot."

"That is not an excuse, Swift! Get your butt on that plane right now! You've got first class tickets so you really have no excuse. Go! Now!"

Stupid Alex Gaskarth, she thought, ruining everything she'd worked so hard for. She had a career, she had her own fans, she had her own music to think about. The workings of a new song began to puncture her mind, every word about Alex. From "you can't turn your feelings off and on" to "turning my back just for one more taste", they all fit. She couldn't cry. Not with the paparazzi taking photos and always eager to get into her love life.

A small smile twitched onto her face, no matter how forced it was, because she had to prove that she was doing just fine without him. Was this his thing? Take beautiful things and break them down until they were only filled with thoughts of him? The silence from her on her love life would be twisted, she knew. As she boarded the plane, she turned around to wave to them, yelling, "Goodbye, Baltimore! It's been real!"

As she turned around to look at first class, she saw them. The boys from the wedding among a certain one that drove her absolutely crazy. Rian, Zack, Jack... and Alexander Gaskarth. It was going to be a long flight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three hours of silence was enough to make everyone jittery, especially Alex, Jack, and Taylor. The three of them never were the type to stay silent for hours on end nor sit still for more than two seconds. It hadn't taken long for Jack to finally speak up. "It's fucking boring on this flight!"

Taylor looked up from her book in shock over the casual use of the curse. She said, rather calm for someone who had the most jarring experience in her life, "Then maybe you should have brought something to do."

She returned back to her lyric book, scribbling away as she sung softly under her breath. Zoning out from reality was a common practice for her when she was writing a new song. She had too much to write, too much inspiration to let it all go. She could hear Rian drumming softly on his legs and the next thing Taylor knew, her words were matching his beat without thinking about it. These weren't the guys she was supposed to get along with but... the beat fit so well to what she wanted and the next thing she heard was Alex stating, "Well, we might as well use this chance to collaborate with Miss Swift since we can't go anywhere else."

Taylor looked up at Alex almost fondly, with a small smile and her eyes having a sparkle that she had forgotten. "Hey. I have to agree to that."

Jack was the one to make a joke of it. It was almost jarring for Taylor to see a boy she barely knew get on one knee in front of her. Then again, most of her fans tend to do the same thing. At least this time she knew it was a joke. "Miss Taylor Alison Swift will you do All Time Low the honor of allowing us to write a song with you?"

It took a lot of effort for her to keep a straight face just at Jack's "proposal". Looking up at Alex's face was what made her lose it. She burst out laughing, nearly falling out of her chair from laughing so hard. For the first time in the longest while, Taylor felt at ease with the change of pace. "Oh, Jack! I don't know how to react to that other than... oh okay fine. What have you guys got, anyway?" Much to her incredulous surprise, no one produced anything for her to work with. The same guys who wrote four albums and not a single one had anything for her to work with. Then again... "Rian, what was that drum beat you were doing earlier?"

Rian looked up before starting out the drum beat again. Taylor ended up looking up at Alex with a wide grin before Alex remarked, "I think we have the start of something."
♠ ♠ ♠
What can I say for these monsters? Really I have no excuse beyond my iPod played some really sappy music. I see the lovely readers and subscribers and it's more than I expected for this off the wall pairing. Thanks for reading and sticking by even if you don't bother to tell me what you think.