Status: hiatus

I Can't Believe I Fell for This

Aren't You Sick Of Sleeping Alone?

Los Angeles was so pretty. The day was beautiful and the sun was out in full force. And Taylor wasn't allowed to enjoy a second of it. She was dragged from person to person as well as photoshoot to photoshoot. There was a set of boys she wanted to spend her day with but each time her and Alex got close enough, she was dragged away. Frustration began to bubble up inside her. She was not a caged animal yet she was being treated like one. Finally she snapped, "Can't I just go see them once? I promise not to get into trouble with them!"

Her publicist sighed before shaking her head at the blonde's request. "Don't be ridiculous. All Time Low and you? Those boys are nothing but trouble and you're supposed to be setting an example for young girls!"

Taylor almost growled but regained her composure before she did anything irrational. She ran her fingers through her curls before stating calmly, "They aren't as bad as you make them out to be. Alex is actually really sweet when you get to know him. I mean, what harm could come of us hanging out? He's just a guy."

A really attractive and sweet guy, thought Taylor before scolding herself. He was just a friend and getting a crush on him was not going to do her any favors. Her publicist was already annoyed about the budding friendship. The publicist looked lost in thought for a few moments before letting out a groan. "Okay. I'll set everything up for you guys to meet up. No cameras, no paparazzi. Nothing to prove that you two even associate. Last thing we need is the mothers of your primary demographic starting an anti-Taylor Swift revolution."

There it was. That pang of eagerness to see Alex Gaskarth. Stop that, she told herself sternly. She was just excited to see a friend. That's it, she thought as she yanked more casual clothes on. The make-up was gone and her she let her hair flow more naturally than she usually would. It was almost freeing to not try to be "perfect" for once. she could just be herself and that was what put a spring in her step. Her heart thudded as they came into view... but she only saw one of them. Brunette, around six feet tall, still had the pink in his hair, light eyes, and a silly hat... a small smile fell on her face. He looked ridiculous. Yet at the same time... she yanked the hat off his head, placing it on her own with a wide grin. "Hi there," she said rather bubbly.

It had been years since she had been so carefree. And it was all because of the guy in front of her, the guy whose hat she had on her head. Alex groaned. "Did you have to take my awesome hat?"

Taylor nodded before she felt someone swipe it off her head. She gasped, her hands flying up to her head before spinning around on the spot to see Jack holding the hat with a rather smug grin. "Told you I'd get to wear it," he said smugly, putting it on.

The blond gaped at Jack, stunned speechless by the skunk haired individual. In all honestly, Taylor had never met a person like either boy. She almost smiled when she hit that realization: there was no one like these boys. Jack was wearing a silly grin, acting like a gossipy teenager when he was talking to her. Alex was simply laid back and chilled, as if he had no idea that she could ruin his career in two seconds with the snap of her fingers. The more they talked, the more she felt amazed that they treated her simply like a human being. The concept was foreign and new.

She was not Taylor Swift, country artist. She was not Taylor Swift, pop artist. She was not Taylor Swift, manufactured product and threat to feminism. She was not Taylor Swift, slut shamer and ignorant human being. She was Taylor Swift, a person. And it was like a breath of fresh air. She had almost lost track of what Jack and Alex were bantering about before Alex asked Taylor, "Hey, tell dumbass here that everyone knows that Batman would totally kick Superman's ass."

Jack bursted out, glaring at Alex, "Don't be ridiculous! Superman has super strength and is made of steel!"

Taylor giggled slightly, the one thought that hit her was, Boys - they're all ridiculous. "Isn't Superman's weakness kryptonite? And isn't Bruce Wayne a billionaire? He could get a suit of krypnoite and kick Superman's derriere," she said as her hand raised up to her cheek, a small smile on her face as she winked at Alex.

Alex laughed, turning to Jack. "Told you," he said as Jack humphed in frustration. Taylor laughed slightly at the way Jack had started to pout like he was a small child with his arms folded over his chest.

"Tell you what. I'll buy you ice cream to make up for it," she said with a grin as she got up from her seat, motioning them to follow her.

The trio trotted down to an ice cream shop, Taylor smiling as she joked with Alex about how she never really wanted to have a 25 year old child before getting to know him. He ruffled her hair before she looked around in confusion. "Something wrong, Taylor," Alex asked.

"Nothing. Just thought I heard some cameras or something. It's been too long since I've had a normal outing," she joked feebly, realizing it sounded slightly whiney. She had been taught for so long not to complain that the complaint left a bitter taste in her mouth. "I mean, not that it's bad. I mean... I get to meet the fans and they're all so nice."

Alex snorted. "Yeah, but I'm sure it's also really nice to have a day to yourself. Come on, let loose," he said as they walked into an ice cream shop with a small grin on his face. "We're not about to judge you for wanting a day to yourself."

Taylor ruffled her hair, smiling at him. It was nice to be told that she could be honest around someone because the more she thought about it, the more she realized that she really didn't have anyone who was so bluntly honest like Alex and Jack. At the cash register, Taylor reached for her wallet when Alex shook his head. "No, he's my idiotic friend. I'll pay for his ice cream."

She raised an eyebrow at him as she put her card down with a small smile. "But I got ice cream too and so it's only fair I pay for at least half of it," she retorted as Alex sighed and ruffled his hair.

Taylor reached up to fluff his hair and he pulled away from her with a small pout. "Fine, but I'm paying for your ice cream next time we go out."

She sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "Fine, fine. Sounds fair to me, Gaskarth."
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot about this! I'm so sorry! Have an extra adorable dose of fluff and hope you guys have bought Don't Panic (perfect album by perfect people) and RED (actual princess). I'd ramble more but then I'd feel bad. Also, I accidentally published while changing the name of the chapter! Sorry about that! And yeah I just ended the chapter cause frazzled better will come later I promise