Status: my very first Fan Fiction :)

Unlikely Beginning

Elephant Bar

Once we were in the car we drove for quite a while as the radio played in the background. Mackenzie and Jordan hit it off pretty quick and Kyle and I were left to entertain one another. Our wonderful friends had floated off into a different universe and if they had it their way the both of us probably weren't even in the car anymore.

Kyle loosened his grip on the steering wheel relaxing his arms as he smoothly drove leaning one arm on the arm rest next to mine.

"Jackenzie?" He half sighed.

"Oh god, don't get ahead of yourself!" I said playfully punching his arm.

His immediate reaction was probably to punch me back instead he just glared at me. When I asked Kyle where we were headed he simply informed us that we were going to a restaurant called The Elephant Bar, the name of the place wasn't familiar to me however I didn't question it. It was pretty far from home so I wasn't too worried about running into any of the boys of One Direction or even running into any paparazzi. A bad feeling quickly swirled in my stomach as a billion possibilities popped into my head. I quickly pushed them aside adjusting myself in my seat as I attempted to focus my mind of something other than Harry.

By the time we arrived a lady escorted the four of us to our table. It was really loud from the sounds of everyone talking over one another and the sound of kitchen utensils clanking. The restaurant was dim lighted and the scenery was absolutely beautiful. Whoever designed it did an amazing job. I always had quite the fascination with Elephants and one was directly behind me and I turned to admire it before Kyle brought me back to reality. Within minutes a girl who looked to be in her teens approached our table introducing herself and asking us what we wanted to drink. I could tell she had the hots for Kyle although him being the guy he is, had absolutely no idea.

I didn't blame her at all because Kyle was broad shouldered, tall and had muscular arms which made me weak every time he flexed. He did it even when he didn't mean to, nevertheless girls fell over bridges to get a glimpse of him and his eyes were to die for. He was your typical heart throb but never put his charms to work, every time Kyle ever had a girlfriend it only lasted for a short time before he dumped her because she wasn't working out. His standards were hard to meet but by the looks of him, he had every girl wanted to try. Mackenzie even had a small crush on him back in high school and for a while she teased me that I did too, except that was never really true. I only saw Kyle as a best friend and nothing more than that.

Somehow the girl managed to get our order without passing out in front of him and before she left she gave me a dirty look.

"Wow..." I widened my eyes looking into my menu.

"I know," Mackenzie said aloud.

Jordan and Kyle exchanged a look, "what are you talking about?" They both said in unison.

"Girl was checkin' you out!" Mackenzie said moving her hands while she spoke. "She also gave Heather a dirty look!"

"She wasn't and why would she do that for?" Kyle asked still confused.

"She probably thinks I'm your girlfriend or something!" I smiled propping my elbows up on the table leaning into my hands.

"That's ridiculous she wasn't even looking at me!"

"Right because she was staring at you!" Mackenzie and I started to laugh together as we high fived one another. I decided to make this a little more interesting as I slipped my hand across Kyle's back leaning into him whispering into his ear. "If she looks at me right now that means she's totally into you." I was so close to his face at that moment my lips brushed his cheek as he started to turn slightly to face me, I could feel my skin start to burn and my cheeks reddened. When Kyle's eyes met mine I felt Mackenzie kick me underneath the table. My eyes instantly met hers and she mouthed 'no'. I knew what she meant and I quickly made my distance. Kyle still stared at me but I turned my attention back to the girl who was eyeballing me like crazy.

When she came back to the table I stopped her before she could leave. "Just so you know he's single!" I pointed to Kyle who was now red, Jordan and Mackenzie started to giggle uncontrollably. I was shocked at the girls bravery because she quickly slipped him her number and for the remainder of lunch we picked on Kyle for it.

-

Mackenzie and I wanted to go shopping for a little bit and the boys didn't argue. They just followed behind us as we trailed off around the store. I quickly slipped away as my phone began to ring, Harry. I decided to take it or else he was only going to call me a billion more times after that.

"What?" I said sharply into the phone.

"DON'T HANG UP PLEASE!!!!" He sounded desperate and I decided to listen to what he had to say. I mean I could ignore him for longer but that would only bring him around more. "I leave in a few days and I don't want to leave on bad terms, I miss you!"

"I already told you we're over Harry."

"Give me another chance Heather and I swear nothing like that will ever happen again!" He was starting to talk fairly quick, I knew he was only doing this because he was afraid I'd hang up again. "Let's just go to dinner and talk. If you want me gone after that then I'll be gone!"

"When?"

"Tonight?" I tapped my foot looking down at the floor.

"Fine pick me up at 8," I said before hanging up. When I walked over to Mackenzie and the guys they all looked worried.

"Everything okay?" Mackenzie said walking up to me.

"Yeah I'm fine."

She smiled, "so we were thinking the club tonight?"

"I can't I agreed to have dinner with Harry..."
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter is sort of a filler it will get better in the next one. :)