Status: my very first Fan Fiction :)

Unlikely Beginning

Important Skype Call

The time couldn't come any slower! Please stop talking and please say we can all leave. The meeting continued to drag on as I was holding onto the last thread I had. I was bored and I just wanted to go home.

"We'll just leave it at that! Have a nice day and meetings over." My boss said gathering up all his equipment turning the power point to a pause. I immediately got up when I heard him call my name.

"Heather could you stay after for a minute?" I turned on my heel plastering a fake smile on my face as I approached my boss.

"Yes?"

"I just wanted to say hopefully you enjoy your vacation! It's well deserved." He smiled at me revealing his dimples that I had never knew existed.

"Thank you Sir!" He nodded and I made my way out. I could finally breath as soon as I left the room. My phone rang just in time to see it was none other than Eleanor.

"Hello love how goes it?" I said into the phone.

"Skype call tonight. You and Mackenzie it's rather important!" She squealed into the phone.

"Sounds exciting I cannot wait!"

"Yes yes and yes. Well I've got to get back to work but I thought I'd sneak you a call. Okay see you later babe! I love you."

"I love you too."

The phone line went dead and I pushed my office door open to see Mackenzie sitting at my desk. She was typing away on her phone when she saw me, "finally! I've been here for like ever now."

"How long is ever exactly?" I laughed pushing my work folder into the desk.

"About 10 minutes."

"Wow!!! I'm so sorry to keep you waiting." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes are her earning a smack to my butt. My jaw dropped and she winked at me which caused us both to start giggling. I quickly put the rest of my things away before grabbing my purse and heading out. I was done for the day and I just couldn't wait to go home already, I jiggled my wrist till my watch fell into place to where I could see it was now just getting to 5 PM. Eleanor was soon to Skype me anytime and I couldn't wait to hear whatever it was she needed to tell me.

"Oh I forgot to tell you! Eleanor called right after my meeting. She wants to Skype with the both of us."

"Alrighty then!"

-

I flipped through the channels while Mackenzie giggled every now and then towards her phone. I was sure she was texting Niall because I never saw her light up that way with anyone else. I smiled at the thought that my best friend was happy. Long distance was painful but I thanked her everyday for staying behind to be with me. How often does your best friend ditch a trip to London for eight months to be with you all because you got your heart broken? Exactly, I owed Mackenzie my life.

Channel after channel I couldn't find anything. I settled on MTV as a commercial about food came on, my stomach started to growl, I was about to get up when whatever was on came back. It was Alan Carr, oh how I loved him so I waited to see who'd be on the show tonight.

"They're sexy and cute! Can you guess who? It's ONE DIRECTION." How did I not see that coming. All the girls in the audience started screaming obnoxiously and I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. I hadn't seen Harry in a really long time and seeing him all smiley and waving at all the girls made my stomach ache in a bad way. He was cute as always, he wore beige khaki pants which flashed his red boxers at me and a navy blue shirt that fit his upper body perfectly. He looked more toned than normal and his curls settled in the right places. He looked perfect from here.

"So you've been in London for quite a while how does it feel? I know you lived in the U.S for quite some time." Alan Carr said enthusiastically leaning in to hear the boys answer his question.

Louis went first, "it's home so it's really nice! This is where we started so you can never go wrong."

Then Zayn who now had a new tattoo on his right arm, "I missed the women!" He earned a lot of laughs and screams from the audience.

Niall in his sweet Irish accent which pulled Mackenzie's attention away from her phone. "I can not wait to get home to the U.S. I'm truly girlfriend sick right now. I need to be there because long distance is just not easy!" Mackenzie awed at his reply and my heart broke just a little more.

Liam said a lot of what the guys said and then it came to Harry. "I just needed time at home and now that I've gotten it, it's really nice." He sighed heavily looking down at his hands. "I've got some unfinished business to take care of so the U.S is where I need to be."

-

My heart literally sank to my stomach. I couldn't even breath anymore. I quickly got up from my bed and walked right out of my room and straight to the kitchen. Mackenzie didn't follow me which gave me a sense of relief because she didn't need to see me like this. I was taken away in a really bad way and I just needed a minute to regain my strength. I sank down to the floor as I leaned up against the refrigerator trying to catch my breath as voices started to fill my head.

He begged me to stay and I just couldn't anymore. Tears filled his eyes and my throat began to close as his tried to talk in between sobs, "please Heather I just need you! I need you to forgive me."

"I can't Harry. We aren't meant to be and I thought I made it clear that I was done."

My words were knives to him. Cutting him up as he slowly bleed the pain his eyes met mine once again and they were blood shot red. "I've apologized so many times! I love you but you aren't making this easy for me."

"I'm sorry Harry. I will no longer make contact with you so please stop trying. You'll find someone else." Then I ended the Skype call and let the tears finally come. To many I would of looked like I was overreacting but I wasn't. Harry hurt me in a way that he couldn't trust me. He didn't believe me when I needed him to and that was what hurt the most. When the one person you believe will never disappoint you and they do in the worst way possible. It's not something you come back from so easily! Harry was a international superstar and I was just a normal girl.

I got up from where I sat and walked over to my bed. My phone started to ring over and over again till I drowned out the sound. Harry wasn't going to stop but he had to. Eventually he'd forgot we ever happened and he'd find someone much better than me. He just didn't know it yet.


Months are going by and the pain is still here. I was putting up a front in front of everyone else but deep down inside I was crying for help and no one could hear me. I could hear footsteps upstairs and I knew Mackenzie was going to appear any second now. I quickly pulled myself together getting up and opened the fridge, I reached for a can of soda and started back to the room. Mackenzie was already at the bottom of the stairs. She tried to smile at me and I couldn't return it back.

"Eleanor's on Skype now," she said and I nodded jogging upstairs to my room to see Eleanor and Danielle light up as soon as we walked into the door.

"OH MY GOD HI!" Danielle jumped up and down clapping.

"I MISS YOU SO MUCH!" I smiled. This time it was a real smile because I truly was happy to see the both of them.

"We already freaked out when Mackenzie answered the skype. ARRRRGH! We are visiting soon don't even worry about it and when we get there you both aren't leaving our sight!" Eleanor said smiling so big. She had this spark about her and I knew this girl was about to shit rainbows.

I started to laugh as we exchanged Skype hugs feeling like total idiots.

"Tell me what you wanted to tell me!" I smiled sharing my desk chair with Mackenzie as Danielle and Eleanor couldn't contain their excitement anymore.

"OKAY FINE. ARE YOU READY?" Eleanor jumped up and down before bringing her hand up close into the camera.

"I'M ENGAGED!"
♠ ♠ ♠
okayyyyy. so now it's gonna get interesting :)) i promise to update another chapter today. I'm sick in bed so I have nothing better to do.

Shout-out to my new recommendation Khaterinsummer and to my new subscribersssss.
thank you very much everyone. <3 have a lovely Sunday!