Status: Hey guys, this is my first fanfic so please be nice and bear with me :) Comments are really appreciated! Enjoy! ~Elena xx

It's Crazy How Much We Can Fit in A Year

Chapter 4

The moment we stepped off the plane, my heartbeat quickened and a wave of excitement overcame me. I still couldn't grasp the idea that we were actually in England. *cue fangirl screams*

After grabbing our many suitcases and duffels full of necessities, erm, things we wanted with us, I started searching the crowd of people for a familiar face. My "Grandmother" volunteered to pick us up from the airport. She actually was a really good family friend who my family kind of adopted as family. Way back when my dad was in college, he met my adopted Uncle, Simon, who was taking a gap year in California. Even though Simon was only in the US for a year, they became best friends. They stayed in touch even after Simon went back to the UK, attended each others weddings, and we went on several vacations together. My dad also became good friends with his parents, John and Maureen, my honorary "grandparents". When they heard I was coming to the UK on a gap year they jumped at the chance to take my friends and I under their wing.

"Well look at you all grown up darling!! Welcome to England, Clair!!!" a familiar voice yelled out. Spinning around, I came face to with with Maureen's warm hug.

"Maureen its so great to see you!!" I squealed. It had been over five years since I had seem them last.

"It's so good to see you too, it's been too long. And these must be your lovely friends." I quickly introduced them all to her. "Well, I'm so glad you all made it safe and sound. And as much as I would love to stand here and chat, John would kill me if I didn't get you all home soon. And Simon too. Him especially, as this is sort of his chance to repay your dad for taking such good care of him on his gap year. so lets get rolling!" Maureen said, grabbing a few bags and leading the way out of the airport.

Kendra, Rachelle, and Melanie instantly bonded with her and loved her. Who couldn't though? Like most British people, she is nice to everyone and very fun loving.

After shoving our many bags into her car (all the cars over in the UK were so cute and small!) we started our long trek to their house. The scenery was incredible as we passed through bustling cities and pretty countrysides. Rachelle, being the nerd she was, decided to ask a bunch of questions about England's history. Melanie, obviously very hungry after the nine hour flight, kept asking about the "weird" foods they have here and the best restaurants and cafes. Kendra and I rolled our eyes and gave each other knowing glances. Kendras dad was British, and since we were practically joined at the hip when we were little, we both knew all about England's history, and ate lots British foods. However the scenery and feeling of actually being here was incredible and very much different than doing British things back home.

"Sooo... since we already know this, we should start making a list of what we want to do or see." Kendra whispered to me, while the others were still deep in conversation.

"Oh Kendra, you and your lists....But that is a good idea."

"Oi!! It will help!" she argued.

"I know. So... I know I want to get in some great pictures at well-known sites and also at little places. So lets do a mix of city and country, and make Mel bring her fancy schmancy camera too."

"Oooh good," Kendra jotted it down on her list. " I want some good facebook photos. And of course he scenery too..."

"Haha, no we wont take any pics of the scenery we traveled over 5000 miles to see!" I remarked sarcastically.

"So, like I want to go to some tourist places, but I also want to go to some little and not well known places too. I mean, I love the London Eye and Big Ben and such, but crowds are so bloody annoying, and I love to discover new favorite places." Kendra remarked.

"Yeah I agree, I would love to just go explore and get lost and stumble upon little shops and cafes we would have never found using the guidebook. We like to keep it more intimate than bustling crowds, eh, Kendra?" I laughed.

"Well, intimate for a certain few boys in particular....." Kendra trailed off.

"Those certain few boys wouldn't happen to be the 5 lads from a little group called One Direction now would they?" I teased.

"You know the same goes for you!" she shot back.

"True, true. Plus, its not like One Direction is going to be at the tourist sites, in fact, probably far from it. They most likely will be sticking to smaller towns, so if we spend a decent amount of time exploring there, we will hopefully run into them!" I frowned as I realized what I just said. Running into them was not what I wanted to do. I wanted to meet them. The last "meeting" where we all were gross, sweaty, and practically running them over was not to be repeated. The pictures were living proof of how not to look when you meet One Direction. But, on the bright side, there was like no possibility they would remember us if we ever met them again. I decided right there and then that it was my personal mission to meet them again and make it how I wished our first could have gone.

"Maybe not actually run into them this time, but definitely meeting them would be the best thing ever!" Kendra agreed.

"Ok, good job team, we have our game plan. We will stick to the small towns in search of One Direction as much as possible. And we should begin Operation Meet One Direction tomorrow, yes?" I said, really hoping this plan would not fail as many, many others had.

"Yes, ma'am!" Kendra giggled while agreeing to the new and hopefully improved plan. "Ok, and we obviously need to stock up at TopShop, Jack Wills....." she began adding to the list again, but was interrupted by Melanie practically yelling in a debate about the proper way to make tea.

Oh, Mel and her food.... I thought.

".... and Harrods for tea." Kendra finished, laughing to herself.

Topshop and Jack Wills were some of our favorite shops, but we could only order online as there were no shops near us in Cali. And ordering online never works well.

Damn size charts never work..... I sighed to myself. Being born in the wrong country was something I reminded myself of daily.

Soon enough, we arrived at a beautiful old tudor house (yes, architecture class taught me well) surrounded with much greenery. It was beautiful, and was exacty how I picured their house would be. Driving into the long driveway, I noticed there were tons of cars parked there. One car, a black Range Rover looked familiar for some reason, but I couldn't place a finger on where I had seen it before.

We were all warmly greeted and ushered into the house for some- yep, you guessed it- tea and biscuits. After doing complete introductions, we chatted for a little while. Then John left the room, saying he was going to get our "tour guide". I gave him a questioning look, as I thought he, Maureen, and Simon were going to show us around, but I didn't protest. I turned and Shrugged to Mel, Rach, and Kendra before glancing up to where John was standing with a boy with him.

Erm, correction; a sex god of pure perfection. Not only had the car situation finally clicked, but all my dreams and prayers had been answered. My heart started to race, my palms began to get sweaty, and all I could manage to do is stare in awe at the beautiful creature in front of me.

For the Harry Styles of One Direction was standing two feet in front of me, walking towards me to pull me into a welcoming hug.

The last thing I could remember thinking was please kill me now, before his strong arms engulfed me in a warm hug that made me feel weak in the knees, and his sexy masculine scent overwhelmed all my senses.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyyyyyyy guys!!

So I am so so soooooo sorry for making you wait this long! School and dance and my school tennis team has started back up these past three weeks so it's been a lot to deal with all at once! So thats partly why I havent been updating.....
And the other reason is cause I sorta lost inspiration....but now that is all fixed as a)I've gotten back into the writing mood, and b) a certain someone retweeted me on Twitter.....

THAT CERTAIN SOMEONE IS ZAYN MALIK!!!! ALKAFJDL;KFJLAKDJFAKDFJADKJF:IQEUFIJD. he retweeted me the other day from his x-factor account and it was like the best day of my life. i flipped out so badly. im going to try and get him to retweet me more and/or follow me!! if you want to see the retweet, and bug me to update me more often (please do that haha!!), my twitter is @elena_deangel. i would love it if you followeddddd :)

so once again i am super-de-duper sorry, AM SOOO EXCITED ZAYN RETWEETED ME, and promise to update more often. i have a lot in mind, so please comment, and subscribe, and be sure to keep bugging me to update!!

love you all!!
<3 elena xx

P.S. sorry that this chapter is so short, my original got deleted so i had to redo it all! next ones will be longer and better i promise!