Status: i don't even know what i did with this

Morning Glory

one

Through the curtains flowing over the window, the first glimpses of sunlight peaked inside. Colby, who had an eternal clock that always woke her with the sun, rolled over and let out a slow groan. She looked at her sleeping lover, Aaron, and smiled with as much energy she could muster at the early hour. His hair was matted down over his forehead and his pale lips were parted slightly, showing his coffee stained teeth. Giving him a soft peck on the cheek, she rose from her bed and stretched her arms over her head.

As she walked into the kitchen, Colby felt the cold November air seep through the walls. It breached her cotton underwear and chilled her to very core. She shuddered as goose bumps spread across her skin like wild fire.

She took a moment to reflect upon what her schedule was f or the morning and pressed the “ON” button on her coffee maker. The machine buzzed and, instantaneously, steam drifted out of the side and the drip of coffee filled the air.

Colby took a seat at the stool that sat along the side of the island, propping her elbows on the counter top and resting her chin in her hands. She stared out the window above the chrome kitchen sink and exhaled.

She turned her head towards the large bed, which was set up in the living room, and searched for Aaron. She didn’t spot him in bed and her eyes quickly scanned the rest of the room in false panic. Feeling two warm hands on her side, she jumped in momentary surprise and then relaxed and leaned into Aaron’s chest. He squeezed her tiny waist, placing a kiss on her neck and nuzzling his head into her strawberry hair. He drew circles on her tummy around her belly button and Colby let out a little giggle.

“Good morning, sunshine,” She murmured, and Aaron responded with spinning her around to face him. He gave her a slow, long kiss, running one of his hands up her back and drawing light patterns. Colby lifted her hand to Aarons face and blindly traced his jawline. She entangled her hand in his dirty hair, twisting it between her fingers and smiling widely.

“What?” Aaron breathed against her, not breaking the kiss. “What?” She laughed. They broke away from each other when the coffee pots timer screeched. Colby stood up quickly, taking two coffee cups down off the hangers and placing them on the counter and prepared them in a routine fashion. Aaron pulled Colby away from the counter, kissing her on the forehead and entwining their hands. He nonchalantly lead them back to the bed and fell onto the bed, taking Colby down with him.

Neither of them said a word and they wrapped themselves around each other, tangling their legs and arms. Colby held Aaron tight, shutting her eyes and imaging that they were one, never apart from each other and that she was always able to feel his warmth next to her.

“I love you,” The words were branded into Colby’s neck at that moment, the warmth of his breath leaving scars that would never be unnoticed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was only bored and wrote this because I was thinking of how terribly I want to cuddle, it doesn't really have any plot or reason- it's really just a little cutesy bullshit, but I thought i'd share it