Status: Will start slow but will get finished I promise :)

You're Just Like Me

Fun Roxy

The next morning I woke up alone, making a mental note to do whatever it took to get Roxy back with me by tonight. It’s weird how empty I felt as I noticed the space beside me in the bed. I already needed her by my side.

As I stepped into the lounge area on the bus, most of the band, including Roxy, were already up.

‘Morning, everyone,’ I said.

After they had replied I approached Roxy.

‘Morning beautiful,’ I said softly and kissed her forehead.

‘Morning, Ronnie,’ she smiled back.

‘Ryan, can we have a quick chat?’ I asked, turning to the drummer.

‘Sure,’ he said, standing up and walking through to my room, so we had some privacy.

‘I just wanted to say thanks for being there for Roxy yesterday. She said she’d spoken to you and, yeah.’

That sounded much more awkward out loud.

‘Don’t mention it,’ Ryan replied. ‘We’ve been pretty good friends since I drove her home from that diner when you were with that whore.’

I nodded, not wanting to address the subject of Cassie.

‘Well thanks, just for making sure she’s ok when I fail at it.’

‘Don’t be so hard on yourself, man. Roxy’s crazy about you, as I’m sure you know. She doesn’t think you fail at being there for her, you’ve just got to get used to being around each other this much,’ Ryan told me.

‘I know, dude, it’s just weird, you know. It’s so long since I’ve been that close to anybody and everyone that I had close to me has now ditched me and turned their backs,’ I explained.

‘Well, she knows about you, I’m sure she understands. And I know she trusts you, you just need to talk to her when you get insecure instead of shouting like you normally do. Let her in, don’t push her out.’

I nodded and pulled him in for a ‘bro hug’, before we headed back to where everyone was sitting.

‘What was that about, then?’ asked Roxy as we re-entered and I sat beside her.

‘Nothing for you to worry about, honey,’ said Ryan.

I snorted as he said the word ‘honey’, there is a reason we all think he’s the most feminine member of the band.

‘You weren’t giving him the third degree because he spoke to me were you?’ Roxy said into my ear so I was the only one who could hear.

I couldn’t tell if she was being sarcastic or not.

‘Of course not, babe, quite the opposite,’ I told her truthfully.

She then nodded before resting her against my shoulder.

‘So, which of my men are helping me to get all the merch inside this morning?’ she then asked everyone sitting around us.

‘Hate to break it to you, but I have a girlfriend, so I’m not one of your men,’ said Derek, making me laugh.

‘Yeah, so does Jacky, but you don’t hear him complaining,’ Roxy retorted.

‘Jacky’s still asleep!’ Derek countered.

‘Whatever,’ said Roxy. ‘You helping or not?’

‘Do you want me to?’ Derek asked, raising his eyebrow.

‘For fuck’s sake, I’ll help you, babe,’ I said to stop the argument.

‘Thanks, Ronnie,’ she said, pecking me on the cheek.

‘I’m gonna go get ready for the day, then I’ll help you out, yeah?’

‘Sure thing,’ she smiled.

Once I was washed and changed I returned to find Roxy, Jacky and Derek in a heated discussion.

‘Ronnie,’ said Roxy as I walked in. ‘Is Jacky cheating on his girlfriend if he’s one of my men?’

‘If he’s not making out with you or fucking you, I’d say no,’ I said, giving Jacky a playful glare as I said it.

‘Ha, see!’ Roxy then said to Derek.

I smiled to myself, seeing how close Roxy was to my friends. It meant a lot to me that they could get on as Rox and my band were the most important people in my life.

‘Did you want my help then, love?’ Jacky then asked.

Why was everyone suddenly giving my girlfriend nicknames? Or maybe I was too wrapped up in Roxy to notice what other people were saying before? Just more evidence that they get on I suppose.

‘Please,’ said Roxy. ‘Two men will make the process even quicker,’ she added, smiling at me.

As the three of us headed outside, Ryan’s words from earlier were still going round in my head: Let her in, don’t push her out. I therefore decided I should talk to her as we shifted boxes.

‘Rox, are we all good now?’ I asked her.

‘What do you mean?’ she replied, sounding confused.

‘I mean, after, you know, everything that happened yesterday.’

‘Of course we are silly! It was just a little fight, we both realised the wrong in our behaviour and forgave each other. I hope. Well, I forgive you,’ she replied.

‘Of course I forgive you, babe,’ I told her.

‘Well, then,’ she said as she placed her box on the merch table.

She took mine from me, placing that down as well before placing her hands on either side of my face and guiding it down to her level so she could kiss me. It was soft and full of love and understanding, exactly what I needed.

‘I love you,’ she whispered as she pulled away.

‘I love you, too,’ I whispered back.

‘And thank you for just asking me that, instead of being all awkward all day as I know you would have been,’ she smiled.

I looked down, embarrassed by the fact that that is exactly how I would have acted.

‘Oh, how well I know you!’ she laughed as Jacky walked in with two boxes.

‘Show off,’ I muttered.

Roxy was about to question me but then she noticed him.

‘My big strong man,’ she said, patting his bicep, before grabbing my hand and wandering back to the trailer to grab the rest of the boxes.

‘You get on with the guys pretty well,’ I observed.

‘Yeah, they’re kinda cool,’ she replied.

‘Oh, only ‘kinda’ cool,’ I said, making it a bigger deal than it was. ‘Seeing as they are my best friends I would have expected them to be worth more than that!’

‘Well, they couldn’t be uber cool, because that wouldn’t leave room for you to be better than them, would it?’

I laughed at her quick witted response.

‘Very well, babe. Thank you,’ I said, pecking her lips.

‘Ugh, too cute,’ said Jacky as he approached behind us.

I shook my head at him and Rox rolled her eyes as we took the last of the merch over to the venue.

The rest of the day passed as normal. Rox watched our soundcheck, as she had to spend our actual show watching the merch stand.

Just before the final song of our encore, I decided to give her a mention.

‘And guys don’t forget to go and buy something from our gorgeous merch girl Roxy, because she’s friendly and always up for a chat, and, well, we want the money!’ I joked.

Maybe Roxy was right about the ego; it did still make plenty of appearances, even if it was mainly on stage.

That night I was exhausted, and after talking to the fans I went back to the bus stripped to my boxers and collapsed on my bed, not even under the covers. My mood always affected my performance and therefore how tired I was that night. I had been in such a good mood after talking with Roxy, and all her joking and cheerfulness with the guys had been infectious. This resulted in me going all out on stage and giving one of the best performances I could, hence I was now drained.

As I lay with my eyes closed, thinking over how well tonight had gone I heard someone speak from next to me.

‘As much as I’m enjoying standing here checking you out wearing nothing but your undies, any chance you could move over? I’d like to lie down too.’

I opened my eyes to see Roxy in her hot pants and over sized t-shirt she always slept in and felt myself beginning to blush slightly as I shuffled over, making room for her on my our bed.

She climbed under the covers before snuggling into my chest.

‘I missed you last night,’ she said, as I began playing with her hair.

‘I missed you too,’ I whispered. ‘I’m pleased you decided to come back.’

‘Me too,’ she yawned, before the two of us drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!! Thought I'd post a nice happy chapter for you, and get some more of FIR involved seeing as they are staying in the same bus!

As always thanks to my lovely commenters: YDG?!, NixxSixx, darkfallenangel and shinigamiroulette. And of course, my 20 subscribers and 6 recs!

Jen xx