Status: This is the first chapter and prologue

Ash as White as Snow

Chapter one

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. With a sigh I tried to find the source of this insistent beeping. My eyes fluttered open and everything was foggy and white. My vision cleared and I took in my surroundings. I was in a white room, I tried to move my hands but they were trapped at my sides. I looked down and saw that they were bound to a hospital bed with thick leather straps. My heart started racing, where was I? How did I get here? What was going on? I tried to get my mind to work but it felt so empty. I couldn't recall anything, my name, who I was, what I was doing. What happened!? The beeping was getting faster now the machine it was coming from was seeming to reach its overload.

With a burst people came rushing through a door that was across the room, their faces we're covered with blue masks and they were wearing long white coats. "Stabilize her, if she doesn't calm down well lose her!" one of the masked people instructed.

"Who are you? What's going on? Why can't I remember anything?" I started struggling against the restraints that bound me, I realized my feet were free and started thrashing.

"Hurry up and give her the sedative, she might harm herself, she doesn't know her own strength yet!" the masked person said urgently, I looked closer to see that this was a woman.

She had dark brown hair that was tied in a tight bun, she had dull grey eyes and a very pale complexion that made her blend in with the walls of this room. There was two other masked people in the room as well. One was a man with lightly graying hair and glasses covering his dark brown eyes, the other was a younger man with short brown hair and intense green eyes. I took all this information in quickly and stored it in to my brain. In the seconds that passed I had already taken note to everyone in the room.

I was able to calculate the right time to jerk my elbow at the lady with the bun and knock her to the floor. With my foot I kicked the man with glasses clear across the room.

"Hurry!" the bun lady gasped.

A moment to late I noticed the third person had a needle in one hand and a tube attached to my wrist in the other, he expertly injected the syringe into the tube. With one last bleary eyed stare I looked into his eyes, was that empathy I saw? I could feel the heaviness taking over.

"No..." I mumbled and drifted back to sleep.

"Keep her sedated, I don't want a repeat of what happened last time."

"How do you expect me to do that? Keep feeding her tranquilizers? Her body keeps dissolving them in hours!"

I heard voices talking, they were a little muffled but I tried to piece them together in my head.
"Yes, do whatever it takes to keep her down, I haven't gotten nearly enough testing done, I don't know nearly enough about her reaction yet." I heard the woman saying, she sound absolutely nuts.

Her voice sounded pinched and squeaky. What were they talking about? What have they done to me? Why couldn't I move or open my eyes! In my head I screamed.

"When you get all your information what do you plan to do with her, we can barely control her when she's strapped down and heavily sedated!" The other man countered.

"I plan to use her for her original purpose, as my weapon, if this experiment is successful who knows what she's capable of! She could lead our army into the new world!" the woman's voice was rising into hysteria.

"And if this isn't successful?" the man sighed, clearly knowing this was a useless argument.

"Then we cancel the girl and try again, she's nothing more than a pawn just like the others. So easily disposable." She said it so matter a' fact, like I was nothing. With those last words to haunt me the drug induced coma drifted over me once again.

**********
I was standing in a field of grass up to my waist. As the wind blew it made the grass brush along my arms, making me shiver. I just stood there watching a woman and a girl laughing and dancing. They were running away from me, into the sunlight. I felt sadness that they were leaving.

The girl stopped suddenly, making the woman turn and look as well. I looked into there eyes and felt a sense of familiarity. I yearned to go to them. to ask them all the questions that have been tugging at my mind but my legs wouldn't move toward them. The little girl mouthed something to me and turned with the woman and ran into the sunlight. I couldn't hear her over the rustling of the grass but it looked like she said 'remember'.

***********

My eyes fluttered, I remembered where I was and kept them shut to not give myself away.

"Get up, we don't have much time." a voice spoke in my ear. I couldn't help but flinch away from the warm breath. I opened my eyes and stared up into the man who injected me with the sedatives. Instinctively I tried to lift my arms and sit up to defend myself only to find them still bound to the bed, along with my feet.

"I'm not that stupid, I haven't unlocked your restraints yet." the man chuckled. I pulled and fought against the restraints trying yank myself free, the now metal restrains bit into my wrists and ankles in protest.

"Whoa! Calm down!" he lifted his hands and whispered.

"Keep it down or they'll hear you!" he whispered more harshly and sent a quick glance to the door. What the hell was going on? Why was I always so confused? What was this guy doing? I opened my mouth to say something but he clamped a hand over my mouth. Instinctively I fought and bit down on his callused hand. He ripped his hand off my mouth and cursed under his breath. I think I broke the skin.

"Listen I promise I'm here to help you, I'll explain everything to you when I get a chance but if we're going to get out of here we have to go now, I'm going to get you out of these restraints, but please don't hurt me." He sent me quick flash of a smile. All I could do was lay there, and stare at him. He just kept on a moving, looking at me anxiously as he unlocked my limbs. Once free I leaped from the bed and landed by the door of the room, the man looked startled but walked over to me slowly. Testing me with his eyes.

"Trust me." He said and with that he grabbed my wrist and dragged me out into the hall.

***********

She was one of the most interesting thing he laid his eyes on. When he had agreed to do this mission he had no idea what he was getting himself into. He was one of the best at going into deep cover, and when he heard what he would be doing he jumped at the chance. This women was apparently found barely breathing in the community of Eradore. She was the only survivor and thought to be the perfect specimen for the latest experimental technology offered by the government. From his year working at the lab he gathered that the government was trying to create the perfect weapon, by using humans as there vessels, they made them into superhuman beings, with enhanced reactions and senses. This woman is so far the only one to survive this long after the drug was first administered.

He looked at her as they ran through the hall, she had still not said anything. Just followed him, her eyes taking in her surroundings, constantly calculating. He could almost hear the gears in her brain working. He half expected her to take him out and make a break for it. Her eyes flickered to his. She looked so lost, he wondered what she knew, what she was thinking about.

He turned his attention back to the task at hand, think Max think. The door he was looking for was the last on the left, then down five flights of stairs, out the next door, through the guards, out of the building and into the wilds where Tony would bring them to their base. Easy, simple and thought out.

They made it through the dark hallway to the door by the stairs. The hallway was the easy part, only two doctors and a attendant. They all trusted him here as the quiet assistant, they didn't even notice when he put the sleeping pills in the coffees they were drinking. If this plan didn't work his year of hard work and cover would be blown and the whole plan ruined. They would never get this opportunity again, they needed this. They needed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please review! I love to hear feedback, good and bad! I will be posting another chapter shortly, so if you like the story please subscribe and recommend!