The Art of Being a Hero

Rule #1: Alter Ego, you can’t just go prancing around in your everyday clothes and expect people to welcome you with open arms. So find a costume and make up some ridiculous name and you’re set. (No capes. They’re just lame.)

Rule #2: Find something you can do damage with. I mean it’s dandy and all if you’re from another planet of freakin’ super beings like Superman but for the rest of us shmoe’s we are going to need something a little more substantial. Maybe take up martial arts or something, Batman seemed to make that work.

Rule#3: Establish the fact that you are in fact the GOOD GUY, trust me you don’t know how hard it is to try and explain that. You think people would be more grateful but…eh.

Rule#4: Get yourself a girl..or guy…it never hurts to have someone to confide in. I mean you can’t go your whole life living a lie. Even Spiderman had Gwen Stacy (I refuse to acknowledge Mary Jane) and it never hurts to have someone to make out with in between saving people.

Rule#5: Arch nemesis. Every good superhero has one and if you don’t then…well you’re obviously not a very good superhero. Duh. I mean, Superman had Lex Luther, Spiderman had the Green Goblin, and Batman had the Joker (who strangely made some type of sense). Personally I wouldn’t want an arch nemesis like the Joker…he’s just way too good at what he does.
__

I never asked for the job, never had any intention of taking it either, but I can’t just ignore the screams. They keep me up at night, distract me during school. I’m pretty sure my father thinks I’m crazy. Whatever. It’s not like he cared to begin with.
You wouldn’t believe how many rules there are in this line of work.