Status: New Story! <3

College For the Utterly Confused and the Fabulously Drag

Chapter Eight

It had been an entire semester since Frank had been, to Frank’s immense surprise and satisfaction, sleeping in Gerard’s bed with him. Ever since the night he and Gerard were up talking about Frank’s mother and Frank’s troubles, things had started to just sort of happen. He hadn’t slept in his own bed for so long that he would not have been surprised if it was collecting dust. Frank had been invited to rest with Gerard for a month straight, on Gerard’s terms before he had just slept every night in the red heads arms. The straight and dating Lyn-Z Ballato red headed man’s arms. It had gotten to the point where they had just decided to drag Frank’s bed across the room to connect it to Gerard’s so they had more space for the two of them. Lyn-z had been over a few times and questioned what was going on and why the two had made a single bed out of two, but Gerard had just shrugged it off and said neither of them liked to sleep by a window. Even though Lyn-z was not for the bed idea that had not stopped Frank from letting himself grow in love with Gerard Way.

Gerard had been dating Lyn-z the entire time Frank had been in college, and apparently months before they had even started college. It was coming up for Gerard and Lyn-z’s one year anniversary and Gerard had been talking about his plans to Frank for the longest time, asking for advice on what should happen, what should not happen and what Frank thought he should do. Frank hadn’t known, never having a boyfriend or girlfriend, Frank was not the best person to be asking date advice for. The only date he had ever been on was with Jamia and her boyfriend. But Frank had definitely not counted that as a date for he was sitting in the front row of the theater eating popcorn and watching Ice Age while Jamia and her boyfriend were at the top making out, but that was beside the point. Gerard would have gotten better advice if he had talked to a tree.

Frank had been talking to his mother as well about his feelings for Gerard, and she could not be more ecstatic to find out that her son was finally showing romantic interests for anyone, really. They had been talking daily, sometimes twice a day. Frank had only been out to visit his mother twice, and each time Gerard had always weaseled his way into the trip to talk to Frank’s mom about the latest issues of their favorite fashion magazine or new outfits that either of them had gotten. Frank hadn’t minded anymore that Gerard started tagging along. He actually began to like the fact that Gerard and his mother had actually liked each other. But it was getting to the point Frank was starting to believe even his own mother was beginning to nurture a crush for Gerard as well.

Frank had been doing well in school as well and was at the top of his class in psychology. Gerard, on the other hand was passing all his classes with a D. Frank had not been to a single party the entire semester, which showed due to his straight a grades, while Gerard had been out partying all night and cramming everything in an hour before bed. Gerard never came home Drunk or stoned, so Frank knew that he was not that kind of partier, but he sometimes did get so tired it seemed like he was stoned. Delusional Gerard was always the funniest.

This all brought them to now, where they were laying on Gerard’s bed and watching a lord of the rings marathon. It was silent between the two, Frank thinking about Gerard and Gerard thinking about Lyn-z. Frank, thinking of how this could have happened, falling for a man that was sometimes even more feminine than his own girlfriend and one that was actually taken, off-limits, and not to mention straight. According to Gerard in their previous conversations he was “straighter than the seemed lines of his gauche bag.” Which really, to Frank had contradicted his heterosexuality. But Frank never said anything about it.

“Maybe I should sleep with her?” Gerard said, breaking the silence in the most uncomfortable way, along with breaking Frank’s heart.

Frank looked at Gerard in shock and cleared his throat. Trying to make the conversation less awkward, he smiled and turned off the television set, which left them both in silence and the previous statement seem much, much more awkward.

“Uh- why do you think that?” Frank questioned.

“Well,” Gerard began. “She has been talking to me about it for a while and she thinks it’s time for that step. I’ve been making up reason after reason to her of why I can’t and it’s just hurting her, I know.” Gerard sighed and rubbed his eyes with his hands. “I just don’t have any other ideas on anything she would like to do. It’s our one year, I want to make it great and unforgettable.”

“Why don’t you want to sleep with her?” Frank questioned, playing with a stray string on his jeans. Gerard looked around the room shakily before answering.

“I’m a virgin, and I am afraid I’ll look stupid.” He conjured up. “That and I’m not positive that I am… in love with her, you know?”

Frank couldn’t help but allow himself to inwardly smile and nod his head to Gerard. He couldn’t believe that Gerard was a virgin. Not saying that Frank thought that he was a whore or anything, but he just thought. Most people that are in college now a days are not virgins. Frank was having quite the hard time not showing his excitement to Gerard.

“Oh, well then if you’re not sure if your feelings are real for her then why do it? You only lose your virginity once, lose it to someone you love.”

Gerard smiled at Frank and put his arm around his shoulder, automatically making Frank blush.

“That is exactly why you are my best friend.” Gerard laid his head down on Frank’s shoulder. “But, even though I am not sure about my feelings for her, I think I’m going to do it. She would never forget this anniversary.” Gerard pushed up off the bed and went over to his dresser to grab his jacket and smear some red lip stick on his lips. “I’m headed out to that party.” Gerard said as he grabbed his purse from the wooden chair by the card table. “Try not to be in the room when I get back, okay?”

And with that Gerard walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him. Frank stared at the door in confusion for a few seconds, confused at how fast things had happened in the past few seconds and grabbed his phone. His mother picked up on the first ring.

“Gerard is going to sleep with his girlfriend today and I can’t handle that. He isn’t really even love with her and he knows that. But he still wants to sleep with her because that is what she wants. He is even a virgin for crying out loud! He is going to make such a big mistake and I have no idea what to do because I just know he is going to regret this. And I love him so much mom, it’s going to kill me if he sleeps with her. I know that they are dating and everything but I want him to be mine. He is everything that I have been looking for Mom and I just don’t know what to do… I don’t know how to tell him that I am starting to fall in love with him.” Frank rushed out in a single breath, crying, just a tad and huffing to catch his breath.

“Frank?” that was not his mother. Frank’s eyes widened. “Uh… your mother is out.”

“Dad? I- I didn’t know you were home…” He was met with the dial tone.

“Shit…” He cursed to himself as he threw himself down on the bed, crying and blubbering into Gerard’s comforter.

Frank’s mother had known ever since Frank had known that Frank was Gay. She was fine with it and had accepted him through day one and had been there for him since day one. Since he was younger and got beaten up for being gay almost every time he walked out of his house she had been there for him. She let him be home schooled due to it for crying out loud. But Frank’s father on the other hand, was the complete opposite as of Frank knew.

Linda had told Frank from the get go not to tell his father about his homosexuality. She told him he would not have been accepting of it and it could quite possibly get him disowned from his father if his father were to find out about it. The whole side of his Dad’s family were Christian homophobes. They spoke of Homosexuality during Thanksgiving for crying out loud.

At this point Frank was sobbing uncontrollably and complete out of it. He didn’t know what to do or say, didn’t know what his Father was going to do to him, and even worse did not know what his Father was going to do to his Mother for knowing and not once telling him about it. He was scared for himself, but not as scared as he was for his mother’s safety.


Hours had passed since the call and since Gerard had walked out of the room, going to tell his girlfriend that he would sleep with her. Frank had time to think things over and collect himself before he made any bad choices. The choices he did make led him to Jack’s dorm room. As soon as Frank opened the door he was met with the smell of pot and puke, and blaring Misfit’s music. Where Eagles Dare, his favorite song was playing. He walked in and closed the door behind him, looking around and utterly confused with what he was supposed to do, how to react and where Gerard was at.

Frank had walked around the room, looking at all of the just turned adults in the room as they were macking on one another’s faces, when he found Lyn-z, straddling none other than Gerard’s lap as she kissed him. Frank’s heart sunk in his chest and for a second he was about to just give up and walk out of the room and go sit outside in his car until the next morning when it would finally be safe to enter, when he spotted Gerard’s hand snake around to cup Lyn-z’s butt through her short mini skirt. That was enough to send Frank flying over to Gerard’s aid.

The music was blaring, the heat in the room growing as he made his way through the crowds of people, bumping into them and splashing the liquids that was in their red solo cups all over the place. His eyes began to fill up with water once again, before he finally took off running to get to Gerard quicker.

The rest for Frank was a blur. It only took him seconds to yank Lyn-z off of Gerard’s lap, throwing her to the ground with a large boom before he threw himself in Gerard’s lap, replacing the girl automatically. Gerard slowly opened his eyes to be greeted with a crying and almost hyperventilating Frank. Gerard looked at him with pure confusion written on his face. He began to open his mouth, to ask Frank what was going on, but he was silenced.

Frank’s lips found Gerard’s, kissing him hard with a closed mouth. Frank’s eyes drifted shut, allowing himself to just feel, as Gerard’s eyes by now were as large as saucers as he felt Frank’s lips shaking against his own. Confusion had ripped through Gerard’s mind, before to his immense surprise, had closed his own eyes and kissed Frank back with as much force as he could. The last thing Gerard had seen was Lyn-z standing there open mouthed and crying before she began to run away. Gerard just kissed back with more need and force, bringing his quivering arms up to pull Frank that much tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone that has commented, Recommended and subscribed to his story! since my very long absence I had decided to put Frerard action in there! I hope everyone loves this chapter!! comments are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks for reading!