This Was No Accident, This Was a Therapeutic Chain of Events

Long Time No Talk

Image

---

One year went by without us talking.
He tried everything to talk to me, but I refused to even look at him.
Brendon even lied for me when Ryan was in search for me, saying I was asleep or I was out.
Finally he stopped trying and hopefully moved on.
But me, I'm still an emotional wreck.
Not just what happened on the field but Cynthia moved to Las Vegas just to be with Ryan. That's another reason why I'm locked up in my room, killing myself slowly.

"Kay, can you open your door? You need something to eat." I heard Brendon say softly as he jiggled the door handle.
"Ryan and Cynthia aren't here, please just come out." Brendon sighed as I heard him put his head against my door.

I slowly made my way to the door and started unlocking it.
Once I opened it, he ran in and hugged my frail body.
I didn't eat for almost a week, and if I did I barely are anything.

"Come on Kay." Brendon said as he picked me up carefully and carried me down the stairs and set me on the couch.
"You're eating Kay, whether you like it or not." Brendon sighed as he wrapped my shivering body up.
"Whatever." I sighed as I felt my eyelids get heavy.


Brendon's***POV

Kay was so pale and she was getting worse.
She barely ate and she was unhealthy.
She only showered and went to the bathroom everyday.
Often she would go on the computer, until Ryan wouldn't stop e-mailing her.
She hasn't been outside since the football game and rarely even comes out of her room.
I was making her soup when she slumped into the kitchen and sat in a seat.

"Can't sleep?" I asked her as I poured her soup in a bowl.
"Yea, and Ryan's home." She said in a weak voice.
"Well do you want to hang out with me in the basement today?" I asked her as I set a bowl in front of her.
"If it's away from Ryan." She said as she started to eat.
"Just me and you." I smiled as I sat next to her.
"Alright." She smiled faintly as she picked up her bowl and followed me to the basement passing by Cynthia and Ryan.


Ryan's***POV

I watched as Kayley and Brendon went down into the basement, not once glancing at me.
Cynthia kept trying to cuddle up to me more as she glared at Kayley.
I just didn't love Cynthia the same anymore.
Looks aren't everything.
But she was all I had.
If I could I would want Kayley, but she doesn't love me the same either.


Kayley's***POV

"Play me something please?" Brendon whined as I sat in front of his key board.
"Fine." I sighed heavily as I started playing something random.
"Woah woah woah, play that again." Brendon said. I quirked an eyebrow and played the part again.
"Now I'm of consenting age to be forgetting you in a cabaret. Somewhere downtown where a burlesque queen may even ask my name. As she sheds her skin on stage. I'm seated and sweating to a dance song on the club's P.A. The strip joint veteran sweeps you away. Smirking between dignified sips of his dignified peach and lime daiquiri."
He sang happily as he got out his notebook.
"You should help me out with songs more often." He laughed lightly.