Status: This is the 1st time I have ever tried to put pen to paper for the stories in my head. Please provide feed back and comments it will help me to know if I am moving in the right direction and if I should continue. Thanks K

Embraces the Night

Chapter 11

To date, Brody had tried everything he could think of. He tried as himself, he tried as a redhead, he tried as a short man, tall me, big man, little man. She always refused. No date, no dinner, no conversation. It was as if Emily just didnt like men.

He was becoming so frustrated and the weeks were just clicking by. At least she’d become somewhat personable with the real Brody Marshall. He was running out of faces and sizes to try. He actually wished at one point that he could make himself look female and give that a shot. He needed her and he knew he was running out of time.

In desperation, Brody finally decided to ask John for help. John had made phone calls and started to dig into Emily’s past. He’d finally hit pay dirt. What he found out wasnt going to please Brody

“She’s mental” he said.

“She thinks she is allergic to a guy after she dates him. Goes as far back to her being a kid. Seems she rarely dates, since it usually requires her moving out of town shortly there after. No chance it’s true, but..”

“Stop right there” said Brody. I know what’s wrong and she’s not mental

-------------------------

The next few weeks flew by for Emily. She’d gone to several estate sales, actions, art studios, fabric stores and furniture stores. She spent countless hours on the computer looking for all the right items and accessories for the Jensen house.

She worked morning, noon and night. She had little real contact with anyone other than MaryAnn by phone, and occasionally Mr. Brody Marshall or some really good looking guy that randomly came on to her. Strange, but lately she was a babe magnent.

She’d actually come to like both John and Mr. Marshall quite a bit over the last few weeks. They were both very funny, charming men. She could really understand how John had managed to get himself a much younger wife.

If he weren’t married…who knows. Well now, thought Emily that’s not true. Even if he were available I would never be able to have a relationship with him. The truth is that’s why she was back to referring to Brody as Mr. Marshall again.

Brody had really been giving Emily a run for her money over the past couple of weeks. He’d tried everything to get her attention. Emily started smiling to herself just thinking about all of the various shenanigans he’d done.

The funniest was the day he ran out to buy her coffee. She had mentioned to John she wasn’t on her game, since she was running late and didn’t have a chance to stop and get coffee. With that, Brody disappeared and reappeared 5 minutes later with two very large cups of coffee.

“Emily, I heard you say you needed coffee. I happened to have some right here” handing me a cup. Then he started to juggle his around to get into his pocket and pull out three different types of sweetener and creamers.

“I wasn’t sure how you drank your coffee so I grabbed some of everything”

“I like it black, thanks.” Said Emily.

Brody, tossed the sweeteners and creamers on the kitchen counter then opened his lid with the intention of putting some sugar in his cup when the cup slipped out of his hands, and the very, very hot contents of the cup spilled down his pants. Emily could see steam coming off his pants were the coffee landed.

“Brody” hollered John

“You ok? Wow that looked hot” Brody pulled his pants out, looked down at what Emily assumed was his man parts and responded coolly

“Yup, I’ll live, all the important parts survived.”

Everyone exploded into laughter. Brody hung around for a few more minutes than excused himself to go home and change. After that, he upped his game.

Let’s see, he gave her flowers, every single day she stopped by the house. He must have been having fresh flowers delivered everyday just in case she stopped by since she didn’t head over to the house on a regular basis.

He brought coffee again, no more mishaps though, or called for food the second he caught sight of her and tried to feed her. He offered to take her dancing, to the movies and the Opera. He even started sending chocolates and flowers to the condo

He enlisted MaryAnn and John to sing his praises, and left cute little notes on her windshield about how adorable she was, and how he just wanted to spend time getting to know her.

Brody Marshall was turning out to be the kind of guy that Emily dreamed of and not just the hot dreams. The kind that every romantic young woman hopes to meet some day. He’s kind, considerate, gentle, caring and HOT as HELL!!!!!! Yup, if Emily didn’t have this fucking allergy she would have given her left arm at a chance for a relationship with him.

But, since that is never going to happen, the best she can hope for is a one night stand just before she blows out of town. Yup thought Emily, Blow him… then blow town. That’s the plan!!!! Well that and maybe a few orgasms for her trouble. With that thought in mind, Emily walked into the front door of the Jensen’s.

John had mentioned to Emily that they were just about finished up, and would be pulling off the job tomorrow, so Emily decided to slip to Brody that she might be interested in going out with him once she too was finished in a week or two at most. She craned her neck around to see if he was already in the house. She started a methodically room by room search.

She was approaching the pull area, when she saw his back. She walked up, put her hand on is shoulder and ……. Nothing! The world went black from Emily. Lights out! No conscious thought. It was impossible to breath. Her body was convulsing. Emily was dying.

John ran full strength to where he saw Emily collapse. He knew something was terribly wrong. Her body was bouncing around on the ground then abruptly stilled. On closer examination, he noticed she had swallowed her tongue. Her chest wasn’t moving and he couldn’t find a heartbeat. At that moment, Brody came running out of no-where

“What happened? What the hell is going on? Somebody start talking,” he blurted.

Josh, cleared his throat

“I, um... I, um have no idea, what the hell just happened. I was standing with my back to the door. I heard someone walk in, glanced up to see Emily headed towards me, and then umm, well I think she might have touched my shoulder then collapsed. I’ve already called 911.”

With that said, Josh started walking back towards the front door to look for the ambulance. Mumbling to himself

“Oh my god! I am so sorry; I thought this whole allergic thing was a joke. Dear GOD, I’ve probably killed her”